Cellular WAN Routers

Skylinerecording

Weaksauce
I had a client come in today that is looking for a way to communicate with these custom backup generators his company is designing. He explained to me that when these units power up they need to be able to send info back to the manufacturer and the places they are installing these units they aren't able to just connect into the existing network. His idea is just using a cellular WAN router. I found these units Digi Connect® WAN Family. Has anyone had any experience with the units or have a different solution that would work? Am I correct in understanding they as long as you buy the right model you can call Version have them connect the unit with their network. I have used products from Digi but that was just their serial to Ethernet converters. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lots of different options out there. Cradlepoints have always been good to me for a cell WAN solution.

probably overpriced for the implementation, but you can get 4G EHWICs(verizon) and get a gen2 ISR(i personally used 1921's) to slap it in. works like a champ.

cradlepoints were semi iffy for me depending on the compatibility with the USB modem in use.

Those cradlepoints look like a perfect solutions. Since they will be sending very little data and probably not a daily basis the price of the cradlepoints seems like a perfect solution. thanks for the info.

Opengear cellular stuff is tip top quality. The other thing to keep in mind is operating temperature range. Some of the Opengear units will run at -20 or 30C. Most consumer stuff like cradlepoint would not.

We have used the ProSoft RLXIC-EV on a few oil well monitoring applications for an engineering client. Industrial quality, first rate support, high quality product. This is not SOHO junk- it's the real deal.

Back