Cellphone Upgrade - Samsung Instinct or Other?

kidstechno

Gawd
I've had service with Sprint for a number of years now. I'm not a cell-phone nut but I do like gadgets and ability to do a lot of stuff with them is where I'm going. I currently have the Sprint Katana which has been decent but I'm looking more of a touch-phone but not as advanced as a Blackberry or along those lines.

My 2yr contract ends in October (37-40$ plan w/ discount, 300min, 300txts) and I was wondering what are some other really good phones yet not expensive as crap with expensive plans?

I'm a college student so I'm somewhat money-tight at the moment but I graduate next May.
I get a discount through Sprint and am able to get a discount through Verizon/T-Mobile as well if those are possible choices. I've seen the Dare from Verizon and was not impressed, and haven't seen anything fancy/eye-catching from T-Mobile.

So I'm leaning towards the Instinct but have heard mixed reviews of it. The GPS feature would be great since I am absolutely horrible with finding my way, so GPS would be a plus too.

I'm also thinking about the iPhone but am not really a fan of Mac and heard the AT&T plans are expensive and don't offer as much as other plans for cheaper.

tl;dr version: Need a cheap but cool phone/plan for when contract is up in October.

Do you really want to spend 70$+ per month just to use a damn cell phone? I can't really recommend either IMO.

Where I live in the northeast the plan is $99 a month but it includes everything.

Back