Cellphone services?

b1m2x3

2[H]4U
Well, the search is down, so im asking this: what is a good cellphone service comperable/better than verizon in the new jersey/new york area?

Verizon nailed me and about 20 of my friends with hidden shitty fees... booming our damn rates to 45$ per month instead of 25. So we can all get out of our contracts.

Where else to go... hmmm.....

I personally have been very happy with Cingular. They treat me well, they don't overcharge me for anything, I got my phone for free, and I don't have to pay very much for my contract. I've heard all sorts of bad things about Verizon - so I'd stay away from them personally.

I love T-mobile, stayed with them for 2 years and im never going anywhere. Don't be discouraged by there pictures of gay people and weird crap on there web site though.
:cool:
(IMO)

Yeah........

Originally posted by beachbum
Don't be discouraged by there pictures of gay people and weird crap on there web sits though.

The fact that they have customers like you.
That would make a stupid fucking statement like that would keep me away from T-Mobile

Originally posted by beachbum
I love T-mobile, stayed with them for 2 years and im never going anywhere. Don't be discouraged by there pictures of gay people and weird crap on there web sits though.

You have serious issues and if i knew where you where i would SODOMIZE you with your phone :eek:

Originally posted by The[H]uman
You have serious issues and if i knew where you where i would SODOMIZE you with your phone :eek:

I'm starting to believe you have the problem, LOL!!! :p

Originally posted by b1m2x3
Well, the search is down, so im asking this: what is a good cellphone service comperable/better than verizon in the new jersey/new york area?

Verizon nailed me and about 20 of my friends with hidden shitty fees... booming our damn rates to 45$ per month instead of 25. So we can all get out of our contracts.

Where else to go... hmmm.....

Dude, Go to Cingular! They are the best! I've studied and lived on the East Coast (NYC/NJ) and currently live on the West Coast (the O.C.) and been with Cingular since 1999, back in the days of Pacific Bell Wireless and Voicestream! Nothing has ever happened to make me want to switch. They got Wireless Internet if you want, MMS if you want, hell now they got some phones that are Tri-and Quad-band phones that are unlocked. This means you could take these phones overseas and drop in a new SIM card and you'd be all set. Nationwide Plan and Rollover are key! My friend whose out in NJ right now also switched from Verizon to Cingular and wished he did it sooner!

I'm not too fond of service providers with CDMA or TDMA aka Verizon Sprint and the former AT&T Wireless non GSM division, just cuz their phones are lame and can't be used anywhere overseas.

Just my opinion....

It seems like every mobile company likes sticking in their hidden fees to jack up your monthly rate... It's so much better paying for cellular service overseas... Anyway, I live in Northern California and I always had a crappy reception with Cingular. I switched to AT&T before they were bought out by Cingular and their reception is a lot better over here. I'm currently using a GSM phone.

Originally posted by eriqesque
The fact that they have customers like you.
That would make a stupid fucking statement like that would keep me away from T-Mobile
Originally posted by The[H]uman
But, being the ignorant, slack-jawed, limp wristed gherbil rancher you are, you just whine about anything you possibly can. Take your own advice and go f*ck yourself!

Nextel is good too, I know its a "big" thing up in NY.

Personaly I love my sprint phone. I have an Sanyo 8100. I have a USB cable that I can contect to my laptop for up to 130kbs speeds. I have good coverage most places. Most areas you can throw on an extra 5 a month and get unlimited roaming (up to 50% of your min) However the plan I just described with unlimited internet accses will cost 55 a month, 40 with out internet.

Sprint has allways (in my opinion) has had the coolest phones. The top of the line is the VM4500, I does everything.... I mean everything: video, vga camra, speaker phone, Readylink (Walkie Talkie) internet, wireless modem, 2 color screens.... it goes on, comes witht he price tag though. I'm a big enuf Nerd i'll probably get one soon.

I work for RadioShack so I get a $80 plan for 15 a month:D

PS: I abuse the unlimited internet on every occasion I can.

I've been with Sprint for over three years now and I've always had good service with them. They have some of the best phones and their data service is top notch. My Samsung VGA1000 gets about 230kbps on the PCS network.

Originally posted by b1m2x3
just check, cingular isnt offered in my area. shit :(

It probably will be around the end of the year. Cingular bought at&t wireless and will be combining the 2 networks into 1 bigger than verizons :D

Back