Cell phone questions

Volk

Limp Gawd
Who has the best reception for SoCal, Vegas, and Pheonix AZ.

Also, I am signing up three phones for me and my family with AT&T because my dad thinks they have the best reception, he is paying for it so I can't argue.

I am at the last page of the checkout and it says:

Bring Your Number With You (Or Get a New Number)

Enter the mobile phone number(s) that you want to transfer. You can only transfer numbers that come from the same account and service provider. Learn more.

WTF does that mean. I have Nextel currently and I can't transfer my number from them? Only from AT&T? When I click Learn More, this is what it says:

BRING YOUR NUMBER

Select this option if you would like to bring your current wireless number to our best network ever - with double the coverage and improved signal strength, even in buildings.

How does it all work?
You can now bring your number within your own metropolitan area. So you can change from one service carrier to another in the Seattle area, for example. What you won't be able to do is bring your number from the Chicago area to the Seattle area.

So which one is right? The one that says I can only bring my current number from the same provider, or the one that says I can bring my number from anywhere in the same metropolitan area? Fucking AT&T, word your shit right.

what they mean is, you can not take a chicago area nextel # and port it to att in phoenix.

you could take a chicago area nextel #, move to phoenix, and just have nextel update your billing address (nextel remains your service provider).

you can take a phoenix nextel # and port it to att in phoenix.

what i think the first part is really saying....
account one has your nextel #
account two has mom's verizon #

you cannot port both account one and account two to one att account with two number.

Back