CD PROJEKT RED Mandates Six-Day Work Weeks Ahead of Cyberpunk 2077’s Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not once have I said that the game would suck or be great. It is your blind fanboyism that projects criticism of the developer onto the game, because you are unable to separate the two. Hence the EA/Ubisoft comparison.

I didn't realize I had to prove what CDPR themselves stated, like the latest crunch.

You have complained about this game for over a year now with no evidence other than your feelings and projection, you have a problem.

You dismiss any evidence to the contrary (like voting on overtime, or it being paid as a present example) and take the side of any sensationalist that supports your bias. Nothing to do with EA or Ubi.

You keep claiming failure of management, yet making these decisions (delaying, overtime, cutting content) is literally how management works. Making the hard decisions to navigate an uncertain process to bring a project to a positive conclusion within acceptable parameters.

Last edited:
Yup, just did some digging....Jason Schreier and & Anita Sarkeesian definitely are on the "same side"...like i said...journalist with sand in their vaginas.
Who even listens to those turds? They both been nothing but toxic to gaming. Also didn't Anita offer her consultant services to CDPR and they told her to fuck off?

I'm not judging them by his standards, I'm judging them by theirs. And it's funny.
What's funny is that they had to promise no crunch in the first place to appease bloodsuckers like Jason. I only condemn them for promising something they couldn't possibly keep. If not on this project, then it would've happened on another.

Yes I am still buying the game, honestly, I'm surprised they're getting paid :) Been doing this for about 15 years, and I've never been paid for OT at crunch time, and there have been 60-80 hour weeks. That being said, usually, you get a little break on the flip side of a project. Kudos to the company for stepping up and realizing they're pushing their team harder, and giving them that extra pay for it.

Yeah and that's called PR. Take everything at face value why don't you

lol, you do you. Pretty sure if they where not paying or if no vote happened, you'd hear about it with all the muck rakers.

if you think I don't understand PR or marketing clearly you have not seen any of my nVidia posts this generation.

Management had a decision to make, delay or launch, another delay would feed those like Meeho just as much if not more than a little crunch time. A decision was made, OT is being paid and the employees got a voice. If either of those are a lie I'm sure we will hear about it.

Yes, unlike mindless fanboys, I listen to what is said, not only who says it. I understand it's a foreign concept to you. But don't despair, you'll grow up one day too.

Yes respond to that comment rather then the post with actual content you cannot refute.

You don't listen to what is said at all, you cherry pick what you want to hear from sources that you agree with. Case in point, you dismiss everything CDPR says, or insinuate a incompetent subtext, just to fit your bias. You think it makes you clever, but it just shows off that chip on your shoulder.

Click bate aside, what evidence do you have of gross mismanagement? What evidence do you have that OT will not be paid? What evidence do you have that employees had no say in this latest event?

Last edited:
Having a vote and making the result mandatory for everyone is not the same as voluntary.
Voluntary would be leaving it to each individual to accept the crunch terms or not.
CDPR promised something and a few months later went against that promise. It's not the end of the world but they do deserve some backlash for that.

Yes respond to that comment rather then the post with actual content you cannot refute.

You don't listen to what is said at all, you cherry pick what you want to hear from sources that you agree with. Case in point, you dismiss everything CDPR says, or insinuate a incompetent subtext, just to fit your bias. You think it makes you clever, but it just shows off that chip on your shoulder.

Click bate aside, what evidence do you have of gross mismanagement? What evidence do you have that OT will not be paid? What evidence do you have that employees had no say in this latest event?
The same as you, journalist's reports, plus common logic in not believing in business fairy tales. There was nothing to refute. It's one report from a lesser proven journo vs a more proven one when it comes to inside sources and scoops on the topic, plus past company track record, and most probable business operation. Basically two oposing reports and it's up to the reader to come to a conclusion based on all the information, not what he wished would be. Other than that, you're asking for a he said, she said refutation.

It is indicative that I receive the biggest backlash in CDPR threads, every time. It's basic fanboyism when anything not favorable towards the company is projected to their loved game, as they can't separate the two. I have no problem simultaneously believing CDPR is one of the best PC gaming related companies, if not the best currently when it comes to treating their customers, and that they have the best digital game store on the market, bar none, while at the same time recognize that Cyberpunk's develipment was a mismanaged shitshow, or to point out their hypocrisy while bowing down to snowflakes.

If you are listening to those people then you are listening to the worse possible ones.
I know all about them for probably the last eight years or so and think they're garbage. I also think Schreier is one of the most connected people in the industry with a proven track record when it comes to inside sources, and while I don't care for his stances nor agree with his moral compass and goals in those reports, or that those issues are issues that need to be addressed at all, I can recognize them as factual.

The same as you, journalist's reports, plus common logic in not believing in business fairy tales. There was nothing to refute. It's one report from a lesser proven journo vs a more proven one when it comes to inside sources and scoops on the topic, plus past company track record, and most probable business operation. Basically two oposing reports and it's up to the reader to come to a conclusion based on all the information, not what he wished would be. Other than that, you're asking for a he said, she said refutation.

It is indicative that I receive the biggest backlash in CDPR threads, every time. It's basic fanboyism when anything not favorable towards the company is projected to their loved game, as they can't separate the two. I have no problem simultaneously believing CDPR is one of the best PC gaming related companies, if not the best currently when it comes to treating their customers, and that they have the best digital game store on the market, bar none, while at the same time recognize that Cyberpunk's develipment was a mismanaged shitshow, or to point out their hypocrisy while bowing down to snowflakes.

lol, you have nothing but personal attacks. CDPR is a business making business decisions to manage the project and bring it to market. You alledge miss management, yet both their track record and financial success disagree with that allegation. Disgruntle employees and gotcha journalism are just a reality of living, you cannot do anything without someone being pissed off, and you can't have public success without journalistic vultures looking for gotcha headlines.

You realize your conclusions are not fact, but opinion right?

I know all about them for probably the last eight years or so and think they're garbage. I also think Schreier is one of the most connected people in the industry with a proven track record when it comes to inside sources, and while I don't care for his stances nor agree with his moral compass and goals in those reports, or that those issues are issues that need to be addressed at all, I can recognize them as factual.
What is fact:
  1. CDPR office is located in Poland
  2. In the EU salaried employees get compensated for overtime by law.
  3. There are zero reports that CDPR is breaking any employment laws or even using loopholes in them.
That's all we need to know. There is nothing here, just Schrier and his tiny little violin.

lol, you have nothing but personal attacks. CDPR is a business making business decisions to manage the project and bring it to market. You alledge miss management, yet both their track record and financial success disagree with that allegation. Disgruntle employees and gotcha journalism are just a reality of living, you cannot do anything without someone being pissed off, and you can't have public success without journalistic vultures looking for gotcha headlines.

Eh at least he attempting to make something of value that just won't ever be released. She is completely worthless human.

You're projecting hard.

Everything CDPR themselves stated and reported during Cyberpunk's development was in line with behind the scenes reports on the game's management and development. Financial success nor final product quality don't prove anything about how the project was managed. Some of the most successful and popular games were development hell.

All of the conclusions here are opinions based on interpretation of available facts, you're not Sherlock with that deduction.

What is fact:
  1. CDPR office is located in Poland
  2. In the EU salaried employees get compensated for overtime by law.
  3. There are zero reports that CDPR is breaking any employment laws or even using loopholes in them.
I agree.

Eh at least he attempting to make something of value that just won't ever be released. She is completely worthless human.

I think you quoted the wrong post :)

I thought she got in bed with the Vampire Bloodlines dev, I vaguely recall some interactive computer novel being released with her name attached a month or two ago.

There is an example of a game in dev hell though.

Any bets on a cyber vampire faction being in game? IIRC there is some in the source material.

Overtime is a failure of management. You pay more for less productive hours to try to make up for an incorrect schedule. Yes things can come up in development, but the schedule should account for that. Overtime isn't worth it imo, rather be with my family. money is just money, more of it just means i buy more shit i don't need.
then you must make too much money to begin with. glad you don't work for me. these people were suppose to have the job done back in april. they got a SIX count 'em SIX month extension. sounds more like unloyal slack ass cry baby workers vs "mis-management".

They've been working on the game since at least 2012 that's 8 YEARS. they are being asked to work 6 extra days to help get the game out. WOW. omg hey if they want to complain about that. then they can find somewhere else to work as far as i'm concerned. I know i wouldn't bring them in on the next project. you do realize that average's out to less than 1 day a year overtime they have worked, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back