CD PROJEKT RED Donating Humanitarian Aid To Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked about Russia. If we're going by past transgressions, Germany should be expelled from NATO immediately.

Kept troops in a region that separated by itself, not invaded it. And hasn't incorporated it into Russia despite Transnistria's wishes.

After 2007. and after NATO expansions.

You're childishly naive if you think Ukraine gets a say regarding NATO membership. It's just not how the world works. Remember the Cuban crisis. Think of it for the Mexico scenario.

Ask yourself honestly if you believe we would be in the current situation had the US gone with the Marshall plan, a Germany like policy towards Russia in 1991., instead of the eternal enemy one

Which countries made up the USSR prior to WW2? How did those countries become member states? Which countries were added by force during ww2 and kept in the USSR until 1991? Which of those states inherited the USSR seat on the UN security council and it's nuclear arsenal?

Russia bears the emnitty of it's neighbors for it's actions. I love it when someone just decides what the cutoff for shitty behavior is.

"Ignore all the stuff that happened before 2007, because if I have to acknowledge all if it, my shitty argument becomes even more shitty"

Germany was smashed to it's component atoms and rebuilt from the ground up, it's paid the price for it's atrocities. Russia kept it's boot on the necks if it's neighbors until 1991, and they're not eager or willing to go back.

Plus, if any region can declare it's no longer a part of a country, and that's a-ok, what's your excuse for Chechnya?

You keep bringing up what if's. We don't need what if's. The US placed missiles in turkey, the USSR tried to place them in Cuba. In the end, both were removed.

As far as Mexico, if the US invaded and annexed all of Mexico from 1940-1991, and then afterwards mexico decided to join a defensive group with some other country, it would be hard to argue they weren't right in their decision. But I'm sure you'd try.

Putin is a crazy madman, literally Hitler, and that's all there is to it.
sorry but that's not "all there is to it". (all i'm gonna say on that because there's a lot more "to it" and i wish our leaders had the same concerns about protecting our borders and had the ballz to actually take actions to protect our great nation)

and to comment on the actual topic: wow cdpr throwing away money, hoping to get the woke mob on their side even though they only make up a very small (but loud) portion of the population. yay. how about spending some of that money on finishing the d*** game.

sorry but that's not "all there is to it". (all i'm gonna say on that because there's a lot more "to it" and i wish our leaders had the same concerns about protecting our borders and had the ballz to actually take actions to protect our great nation)
That was sarcasm :)

Which countries made up the USSR prior to WW2? How did those countries become member states? Which countries were added by force during ww2 and kept in the USSR until 1991? Which of those states inherited the USSR seat on the UN security council and it's nuclear arsenal?
It's not the country, it's the regime that counts! Our woes are with communists, not Russia.

Not gonna bother with the rest. The current situation speaks for itself. If you think the treatment of Russia was as it should have been, enjoy the spectacle. If you think it was not hard enough, well, good luck to us all, The Great Filter here we come.

It's not the country, it's the regime that counts! Our woes are with communists, not Russia.

Not gonna bother with the rest. The current situation speaks for itself. If you think the treatment of Russia was as it should have been, enjoy the spectacle. If you think it was not hard enough, well, good luck to us all, The Great Filter here we come.
We get it. In your eyes, US is the source of all evil in this world. While I will not argue that we probable should not have been out there solving all of the rest of the worlds problems for them, I have to ask: who else would do it? We have been shouldering the bulk of NATO's defense protecting them from Russia, who they buy oil from (sigh).
But, Russia's history for the entire 20th century has been "Here's this new system of government that's so awesome that we have to kill the crap out of you and force you into it".
Pardon me if I side with the former combloc countries that want no part of that any longer. When's the last time that you talked to someone from one of those countries that lived under Soviet rule?
Communism is a great system of government. On paper.
In practice, you get a system that at best stagnates their own progress and oppresses it's own citizens.
The reality of Communist rule is something that everyone should pay close attention to and resist with every fiber of it's being.
It's evil. Period.

We get it. In your eyes, US is the source of all evil in this world.
I've never said that, but that it's your cheap go-to tells you all you need to know about your objectivity and emotional removal when assesing the situation.

Protecting NATO countries from Russia? You really are a product of the MSM and the school system, aren't you.

Maybe if Russia doesn't want to bear the burden of the crimes committed by the communists, it should have taken the path Germany took after WW2, instead of electing a ex-kgb communist as president for the last 25 years.

A guy who has literally said that the fall of the USSR was one of the greatest tragedies of the 20th century, that the former Soviet states belong in the Russian sphere of influence. Sounding awfully communist and dictator like to me.

That quiet period between 1991-2007 is the huge exception to Russian behavior over the last 100 years, brought on my the terrible state of their country vs any real reform.

If we marshal planned Russia after 1991, we'd have to do like it said, break it down to it's component atoms and rebuild under military occupation for a couple decades, or did you forget how that whole thing actually went down.

Adding more actual game-related discussion: CD Projekt Red has stopped selling its games in Russia and Belarus "until further notice."

This probably won't do too much damage when CDPR likely got the majority of the sales it will ever get in those countries for its current catalog, but still... I'm happy. Russians need to understand that unjustifiable invasions have consequences, and it's good to make a principled stand.

Name one. While you're at it, name one aggressive action from Russia up to 2007 that warranted continuous NATO expansion. Then name one that wasn't related to aggressive geopolitical moves from the west.

Russia isn't a threat. But countries fear Russia enough that they join an alliance which will kept them safer from Russian influence/invasion. And these countries join said alliance, which angers Russia to the point that they'll actually invade said countries that aren't yet in the alliance. And these countries joining said alliance harms Russia in what way? Zero. The USSR basing nukes in Cuba was for one explicit reason, to be able to easily nuke the USA. To try and draw any similarities between the two situations is idiotic.

Russia could easily stop trying to recreate the Russian Empire or the Soviet Union and join the rest of the world. They would have been far better off economically. Instead the current regime for the past 20+ years has insisted on returning to Russia's "past glory", which by all metrics wasn't that glorious. Military, socially and economically Russia has always been behind.

Essentially this is Russia saying "be my friend or I'll hurt you". They simply want an economic/cultural zone so they can be exclusive suppliers/exporters for Russian products and services. Much like the Iron Curtain of the past. They can't exactly compete on merit/quality alone. Take a look at Russian airliners compared to Airbus or Boeing. Brazil and Canada make better, more competitive planes.

And their military hardware includes great features like "storing the ammo magazine below the turret" so a cook off results in spectacular results:

troyed-t72-tank-on-a-road-near-picture-id467623384.jpg

LrcNmhhWHvbGSfDTrTc6-_u4xwb-wKRZj8lm7Pxpmpk.jpg

19751e002e5c47cc9d767262d259af5f.jpg

becc018c1aaa490d8a3f9177fe224148.jpg

No surprise that in general, most countries choose American/European over Russian... for practically everything if given the chance.

Adding more actual game-related discussion: CD Projekt Red has stopped selling its games in Russia and Belarus "until further notice."

This probably won't do too much damage when CDPR likely got the majority of the sales it will ever get in those countries for its current catalog, but still... I'm happy. Russians need to understand that unjustifiable invasions have consequences, and it's good to make a principled stand.

Won't matter much as piracy is high in those regions so I doubt it will change much. They should've continued selling the games there and just donated the profits. Not that they'd get much sales. But if anything, piracy will pick up greatly in Russia over the next few months.

Won't matter much as piracy is high in those regions so I doubt it will change much. They should've continued selling the games there and just donated the profits. Not that they'd get much sales. But if anything, piracy will pick up greatly in Russia over the next few months.
A refusal to sell games in Russia and Belarus is a more principled move. Donating the profits still means CDPR would be generating revenue from those countries. I'm pretty sure the company can weather an increase in Russian piracy in return for doing the right thing.

For those who don't know it already CDPR, is from Poland. Poland is probably having existential fear of returning to the old Soviet days

Poland is probably having existential fear of returning to the old Soviet days

I saw a documentary on the massacre at Katyn recently; Stalin did some brutal shit to the Poles. Basically they went after what they considered to the "intelligensia", AKA educated people and/or those without manual labor jobs. They would literally look at people's hands; if they were rough from work they lived, if they were clean and smooth they died. His goal was to destroy what he deemed to be the cultural spirit of the country because he considered them to be a threat to running a successful Communist transformation of the country. Absolutely fucked them up for multiple generations, with the effects still reverberating to this day.

Anyway this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but since you mentioned Poland it deserves a mention (the Poles have certainly not forgotten what happened).

To be fair, Poland is NATO and can pull Article 5. Ukraine isn't and can't.
For sure, but you know they are still freaked out

It's like telling veteran "it's ok, there no shooting" when he wakes up freaking out at night. I'd be the same if I were in their shoes

Last edited:
Latest news: EA is also halting game sales in Russia and Belarus. That's on top of the company pulling Russian teams from FIFA and NHL.

Those countries are going to be pretty lousy for gamers before long. At the same time... good. I know younger Russians are already more likely to oppose the Putin regime, but I'm hoping this might sway a few holdouts.

Latest news: EA is also halting game sales in Russia and Belarus. That's on top of the company pulling Russian teams from FIFA and NHL.

Those countries are going to be pretty lousy for gamers before long. At the same time... good. I know younger Russians are already more likely to oppose the Putin regime, but I'm hoping this might sway a few holdouts.
they should have just lowered the russian's stats in games so they could never score anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back