CD/DVD burning choices in win7

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
If you had to choose from either Roxio or Nero for windows 7 64b which would you choose?
If you have any other options I dont know of post it so I can have more choices.
I used nero 6 when I was using xp so I like nero but I know there is some good things in Roxio so I wanted some outside opinions.
Free programs are nice but I have noticed the bigger guys have more choices. I used to use the nero recode and soundtrax and a couple other programs in nero for allot of things so if Roxio has a comparable option I would like to hear it.
I dont necessarily need this for video creation as I have Sony Vegas for that.

In my experience, the "bigger guys" tend to have more bloat. I liked Nero until version 6...after that it became a hog that took too much resources and could be difficult to remove. Then again, I never used anything beyond the basic burning features. There are many apps that will do that job without bogging down your system.

What exactly do you want to accomplish? Do you just need basic CD/DVD burning, or do you need more functionality than that?

I use CDBurnerXP Pro now, and have been since Windows Vista 64-bit.

Stable, and no problems. http://cdburnerxp.se/

To do the the video-to-DVD thing like Nero or Roxio, here's a free alternative: http://www.dvdflick.net/

Also, CDBurner XP Pro can do audio CDs, HD-DVDs, and Blu-Rays.

Another thing, avoid Nero. Most people using it, including a few of my customers are having issues with Nero 9's activation. Since the serial code can only be used once per PC, if there is a problem with the software and you uninstall/reinstall, you'll be unable to reactivate it. You are given the option to either call Ahead Software or buy a new code. A lot of those problems, you can find it on Nero's own forums. Even the Nero's employees who posted on their own forums suggested buying a new serial code, and that's between $49 to $79.

Well I dont really need it to make DVD movies, I have 1clickdvdcopy and sony vegas for dvd creation and or burning.
Does cdburnerxp pro add services to win7 like it did in XP? I dont like things making new services running all the time like itunes and a few others. Processes are ok, I just can just go to task manager and stop them anytime I want. I guess I liked all the different options that nero had with xp. I didnt really see it as bloat since none of it ran unless I started it. I guess I will steer clear of nero 9 though due to the serial thing.

No hidden services like their virtual CD/DVD software, InCD. You can get a free alternative from Daemon Tools Lite to cover that.

Other than that, it's very lightweight and relatively easier to use than Nero/Roxio.

Back