CCNA

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
So I want to learn more about networking and im not really sure where to start. I can do simple stuff like setup my dlink router and dell switch and what not but I want to have a more indepth understanding.
Are there any good free online resources yall recommend?

I was also thinking about buy some older cisco stuff and try to learn that...what would I need to buy in order to learn and prepare myself for something like the CCNA?

TIA

I'd start by getting a nice prep guide book and downloading GNS3 and playing with that to see if your up to it before you drop cash on the routers and what have you.

Goto your local Community College and see if they offer CISCO course, most do. This is simply the best place for anyone to start learning networking. Not only will you learn about CISCO gear but you will have access to come and play with it anytime the instructor is there.

Two good books to get to learn about networking would be Network + and CCNA.

For equipment, everything you would need can be purchased for $155. You don't need anything fancy because you are just wanting to learn how to use the IOS (CISCO command line OS).

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Alright yea im going to look into all this....this is gonna be fun.

Thanks guys

I bought the tests from Testking. I got a few old cisco routers from work for a few bucks. I haven't messed with them yet.

Back