CCNA study: hardware recommendations?

Electrofreak

[H]ard|Gawd
EDIT - Yeah, whoops, there's a sticky on this... doh! Nevermind...

Hey folks, I'm studying for my CCNA and I'm looking at picking up some cheap networking hardware to do some experimenting and lab work with.

I've been browsing eBay looking for good deals, but I'm not entirely sure what I should spring for.

I'd like to keep it all as cheap as possible, but I don't want to aim so low that I won't have the hardware I need to do everything I need to do.

Currently all I've really got is a laptop, a mid-end desktop (Triple-core Phenom), and a couple low-end test bed machines to work with currently. I've been doing some monkeying around with Linux server distros and experimenting with some virtualization in lieu of having any good hardware to work with. I've also got enough spare components floating around to probably build another low-end desktop, but I'd rather not.

I figure you guys can give me some good advice. Money is tight, so I only have a couple hundred bucks to work with. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1414407 Sticky thread like 2 posts above yours!

2.png

Wow... I've moderated enough forums and IRC servers to know better. Thanks guys, my bad. :eek:

Back