CCD MI-6: Performance in a 6.7L MIcrotower

Sorry, forgot to mention the corsair sf600 platinium :)

Need tho give it some thoughts, it quite expensive to get this imported to Norway. taxes , fees and so on.

Need tho give it some thoughts, it quite expensive to get this imported to Norway. taxes , fees and so on.

I found the supplier for my cables over at cable-sleeving.com. From a quick glance it doesn't seem like there is a supplier mentioned for Norway. Maybe import fees from another country is cheaper? I don't really know. Also you could look if there are any private people who offer to make custom cables for your PSU. Maybe there is an ad on ebay or something similar.

Sorry, forgot to mention the corsair sf600 platinium :)

The sleeved cables included with the Platinum will be better than the flat cables included with the Gold, you will still have very long cables for the MI-6. I found custom cables just made things so much easier to build in the MI-6.

I posted this at SFF and thought it would be good to post here---

Ok, a bit of good news.......

it looks like we might have enough pre-orders do another production batch. By my count we are at 54 cases or so.
A couple of things to figure out but looking promising:
  1. I would really want to get production done and shipped by the end of the year. It makes bookkeeping and taxes SO much easier. I have reached out to my sheet metal shop to verify they would be good to start in October. I should hear tomorrow.
  2. If it is feasible to start production in October, then I'd probably start taking payments now and run through the end of September to get to minimum 50 payments.
Anyway, thanks guys!

FYI, I am trying to add a Japanese language option to the webpage. Who knows, it might end up being a humor site with my translation skillz...

Got word from my fabricator that they are out this coming week, so next week before they could start a production batch. So I extended the case ordering window to Oct 13.

And, yesterday when I was doing inventory check of components for the next batch, came across 3 extra 2.5" and 4 extra 3.5" HDD brackets from the last batch. Had them as spares.

Thought a little promo might be fun for this coming week, -giving away a bracket with a case purchase starting today. Not worth a whole lot, but I figure every little bit helps....

An update on batch 3 that is underway.
I met with my sheet metal shop Friday. Walked thru the purchase order and details of the drawings, but nearly everything is same as last time, so mostly discussed the new lofts. Adjusted a couple of radii to make it easier to punch. So overall pretty darn good walkthru! And shipping holding in December.

BTW, building those extra cases. There are around 10 right now, so I'm leaving ordering open on the webpage until they are all sold.

I honestly didnt' search thoroughly, hit up newegg, amazon.. and didn't find much beyond older cards =/
It was more of a statement on the sad reality that these seem to be harder to find? Perhaps.
Thanks.

Good luck actually finding one of the 2070 itx cards, when Nvidia brought out the Super they discontinued the non Super versions so both the Gigabyte and MSI are impossible to find anymore. MSI has a product page for a RTX 2060 Super Aero itx although I haven't seen it for sale anywhere yet.

It was finally time to upgrade from my old Haswell processor, but sadly the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 doesn’t have AM4 support, so I needed to buy a new CPU cooler too.
The Scythe Big Shuriken 3 fits with barely a mm or two to spare. I haven’t had much time to test thermals or noise yet, but until then, I’ll just leave you with this picture.
65B3B509-EAAD-4C2F-9534-CC973A4BA266.jpeg

motherboard is ASUS ROG Strix B450-i. The CPU cooler does not hang over the RAM slots at all, but it does hang over the M.2 slot, and 2 of the SATA ports. There is still pretty easy access to all the fan headers, power plugs, and RGB headers when the CPU cooler is installed.

edit:
An additional note is that the wraith stealth that comes with the Ryzen CPU does hang over the closest RAM slot and will interfere with your RAM unless you take off the plastic shroud.

Last edited:
It was finally time to upgrade from my old Haswell processor, but sadly the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 doesn’t have AM4 support, so I needed to buy a new CPU cooler too.
The Scythe Big Shuriken 3 fits with barely a mm or two to spare. I haven’t had much time to test thermals or noise yet, but until then, I’ll just leave you with this picture.
View attachment 222463
motherboard is ASUS ROG Strix B450-i. The CPU cooler does not hang over the RAM slots at all, but it does hang over the M.2 slot, and 2 of the SATA ports. There is still pretty easy access to all the fan headers, power plugs, and RGB headers when the CPU cooler is installed.

edit:
An additional note is that the wraith stealth that comes with the Ryzen CPU does hang over the closest RAM slot and will interfere with your RAM unless you take off the plastic shroud.

What Ryzen CPU did you go with?

What Ryzen CPU did you go with?
I purchased the Ryzen 5 3600 because Microcenter had it on sale for $149. Then the day after I installed it, Microcenter started a new sale on the Ryzen 5 3600X for $159, so I took the 3600 back and exchanged it for the 3600X. I also picked up the big shuriken 3 for the 3600X and didn’t even try the wraith spire cooler.
So far it seems to be running well, but to be honest, I’m a bit disappointed because I don’t really notice much of a difference from my old Haswell i74770k-ddr31600-2.5”ssd setup. (I just use it for video games)

I purchased the Ryzen 5 3600 because Microcenter had it on sale for $149. Then the day after I installed it, Microcenter started a new sale on the Ryzen 5 3600X for $159, so I took the 3600 back and exchanged it for the 3600X. I also picked up the big shuriken 3 for the 3600X and didn’t even try the wraith spire cooler.
So far it seems to be running well, but to be honest, I’m a bit disappointed because I don’t really notice much of a difference from my old Haswell i74770k-ddr31600-2.5”ssd setup. (I just use it for video games)
pay closer attention to the minimum fps, you'll see the difference.

pay closer attention to the minimum fps, you'll see the difference.
Now that I’ve been able to spend a little more time testing, I really do notice a difference! My most played game is World of Warcraft and I have noticed about a 20-30fps increase on average. This is great because my monitor is 100Hz and the FPS used to hover around the low 100s with it regularly dipping down into the 70s. Now it hovers in the 120s-130s with the rare dip into the 100s. The dips are a lot less common now.
My problem earlier was that I was only looking at the average FPS and even worse, I forgot to turn of the FPS limiter. /facepalm

Back