CC deals - YMMV

Thank you for this, I picked up a couple today.

Also of note are the Logitech Harmony 880 remotes for $71.xx :)

Ugh... I went there today and the Logitech remotes were still only 20% off of MSRP. Amazon has them cheaper :(

When is the final close date?

I haven't been in a few weeks. Was wondering if there are any receivers left. My old Pioneer is getting 'old'.

The final close date depends for each individual store. For my local one, it's 3/31 or sooner (if they sell out earlier).

I picked up some blu ray movies for about 12 bucks a pop and Guitar Hero 3 w/guitar for my ps3 for 40 bucks.

I went and they had NOTHING. Everything is in the 1/5th corner of the stores actual size and it still leaks bleak. I want to say I 'waited' too long but I know I didnt. It was a waste of time. I dont even feel like going to another CC store.

Ugh... I went there today and the Logitech remotes were still only 20% off of MSRP. Amazon has them cheaper :(

Did you have them price checked? The price on the shelf/etc doesn't matter, its the price it scans at that matters.

Went to the local Reno CC and they were just about cleaned out except for some printer stuff, car stereo and TVs. Still asking ridiculous prices on the TVs but what is to be expected. HOWEVER!!! I did happen to be walking around found Guitar Hero: World Tour (completely untouched) at the bottom of a rack. Rang it up at $113.99!!! Walked out with a Brand New GH:World Tour for less than $120, so STOKED!!! Now if Dell will just get on it and ship my damn 360.

I want to say I 'waited' too long but I know I didnt.

You didn't...I went there for an Onkyo 606 but they were all sold out at 20% off. I'm not paying $400 + tax. I can do better. Still have the 706 & 806 at 40% off but still expensive in my book. People bought a lot of stuff at my store when it was 10 & 20% off. I say let them. I'm not up for it.

Why is CC (or the liquidator) making an employee take a marker and slash out the bar code of the receipt before you exit the store? It's not like you can return it to a CC store since it says on the receipt, "All sales are final" or something to that effect. :confused:

They just circled the date on my reciept. I got a 550VA UPS for $22, and am debating going back for a second. I suspect the only reason this was priced at a deal is that shipping costs mean it's not worth fleabaying.

I stopped into CC last weekend, they are just about cleared out, but in a display case there was an HP mediasmart EX470, i just bought one a week or so ago for $420 elsewhere so i figured i would see what this was marked down to seeing that HP's price is $539 and its a discontinued model. There was no price so i tracked someone down and the price was $580. $50 more than current MSRP and about $150 more than you can find it if you really search being a discontinued model.

Why is CC (or the liquidator) making an employee take a marker and slash out the bar code of the receipt before you exit the store? It's not like you can return it to a CC store since it says on the receipt, "All sales are final" or something to that effect. :confused:

Prevent people from walking back in with and picking up the same items on the receipt. With a marked receipt, it identifies that the customer walked out with the product earlier.

Prevent people from walking back in with and picking up the same items on the receipt. With a marked receipt, it identifies that the customer walked out with the product earlier.

I see - to prevent shoplifting. But that normally doesn't occur with other stores. :confused:

You didn't...I went there for an Onkyo 606 but they were all sold out at 20% off. I'm not paying $400 + tax. I can do better. Still have the 706 & 806 at 40% off but still expensive in my book.

I was eyeing the 606 myself. The one near the Houston Galleria had about 10 in stock when it was 30% off. By the time I went back when they upped the discount to 40%, only the floor sample was left. I guess a dealer snatched most of them.

I went back there again last night and they put up a notice that they'll be closed in 10 days. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I see - to prevent shoplifting. But that normally doesn't occur with other stores. :confused:

At least around me, Circuit City and Best Buy stores have started doing that in 2002-2003 or so, although the Best Buy stores are more relaxed with their receipt marking policy. Fry's has been doing it ever since I started going there (2000-2001).

just went to a circuit city yesterday....that place has been pillaged and plundered like no other, but luckily me and a couple friends found some deals. got a $200 2 farad capacitor for $60, a Saitek Cyborg mouse (extremely abused box) for $40 (YAY!)

At least around me, Circuit City and Best Buy stores have started doing that in 2002-2003 or so, although the Best Buy stores are more relaxed with their receipt marking policy. Fry's has been doing it ever since I started going there (2000-2001).

Hmm, so it's common where you live. But I hadn't seen it before until now w/ this closing CC store. I figured most stores have the security tag on most products, which would thwart many would-be shoplifters. :confused:

I'll visit CC this weekend, if I get a chance, to see what the discounts are up to. 1 month to go before they close they doors forever. :(

Hmm, so it's common where you live. But I hadn't seen it before until now w/ this closing CC store. I figured most stores have the security tag on most products, which would thwart many would-be shoplifters. :confused:

I'll visit CC this weekend, if I get a chance, to see what the discounts are up to. 1 month to go before they close they doors forever. :(

At least for my local Best Buy, their exit alarms are set off easily so I guess that is why they have an employee stationed there to mark off receipts. Fry's, they don't have security tags so shop lifting with a prior unmarked receipt is possible.

On my visit, I picked up Stalker 1 for $6.50. I was expecting to pay ~$16 because the tag was at $40. Yeah, $16 wouldn't have been a good price anyway, but that was an amount I was willing to pay. A shame I missed out on Stalker Clear Skies... I saw that game a few days earlier but wanted to wait for a higher discount. Fortunately, I am not in a rush to get it because I have quite the backlog of games that I have yet to play (PC, PS2, PS3, PSP) that I have accumulated.

Visited my parents in Louisiana over the weekend. Before I left today, I decided to see if CC was still open. Sure enough, it was. They had TV/audio stands for 70% off. Picked up a little 30" tv stand for an old Stereo for $40.00....one of those black tempered glass jobs. They look decent enough and I'm not going to find a nicer piece to put my receiver/CD in for that price.

Also picked up Guitar Hero World tour for a friend at work for 80 bucks with tax. They had Tax Cut Fed+State for 70% off...not sure what that is, but I'm guessing it was well under $30.00 and possibly under $20.00

They had almost not CDs and few, if any, DVDs. Lots of audio vox XM receivers for around $30.00, but by the weekend, I think they'll drop to 20 or less (not that I"ll be there).

It was amazing how many TV stands and things you use to hang flat screen TVs that they had. Where I live, they had very few of those when they hit 70% off, but they had lots of software and more CDs and dvds.

They also had dozens of Guitar Hero guitars for as little as 10 bucks (give or take). A guitar plus one of the games was around around 28 bucks. The wooden guitar hero controllers were under $100.00.

Furniture at this store was still high. They were apparently asking $50.00 for file cabinets. I bought mine for 25 and I could have gotten it for $20.00 if I'd waited.

The CC near my house closes in 5 days, it was almost empty. I bought a game called Stranger for $4.

Tried my local Keene, NH store again on Sat.
Two weeks ago, they had hundreds of BluRays at 40% off.. which was same price as Amazon w/ shipping. Was hoping to find 50% or more this time.

First thing I noticed was the "9 Days Left" sign on the store front.

Well, the BluRay shelf was marked 60% off, but there were only maybe a dozen DVD's actually on the rack.
I don't imagine they sold all of those. Probably shipped them all off to another location.
(Either that or someone came in and took them whole lot and is currently listing them all on ebay... lol. But I still think they shipped them off to another store.)

They had tons of floor models...
--PC's that were way overpriced and beat the heck out of.
--mice and keyboards shoved into clear containers... filthy and some were damaged... marked at $35 and up!!! :eek:
--wireless mice also shoved into same clear containers... most missing the USB dongle or USB receiver... marked $35 and up.
--A / V Receivers for $180 to $500... ( I almost considered an Onkyo with 5 HDMI inputs... but had no way to test it, and all sales are final. Don't need a $300 door stop)

I found a single 256Mb, PC133 SDRAM... marked DOWN to $45.00 :eek: LMFAO

Only thing we bought was the Game Guide for Spore (for the wife)... at 70% off it was $6.00.

The san diego one (carmel mtn) was picked pretty clean, but i did get guitar hero aerosmith for 12 bucks and a strategy guide for Stalker:SOC for a penny :)

i'm stopping at one down the highway from me to see if there are any deals. i'm honestly doubting though.

The one at Crossroads near Bellevue, WA closed down a few days ago. GF and I went there on literally the last day, and there was almost nothing left besides shelving. One thing that was hilarious was that basically the only movies left were Tyler Perry ones (and there were a LOT of them)

Was in mine last night, 3 days to close. Grabbed an HD-A30 for $50. Was about the only thing left that interested me.

i'm tempted to go back and get another copy of hancock so i have one that works... :/ (the one i bought doesn't read for some reason).

I was in mine today, they were out of "meh" CDs, and down to only WTF grade music. PCs/Laptops were 30% off. Mine only had 2 tower models left, a VM 920/3gb/2x45850-512 for $1500 (cheaper than from VM, but still more than a DIY) and a HP WHS box with 500GB for $330ish, which isn't that bad. You'd spend about the same for a DIY WHS box if you were buying all new parts. I might go back tomorrow or sunday and see if they mark them down any farther before selling out.

I was in mine today, they were out of "meh" CDs, and down to only WTF grade music. PCs/Laptops were 30% off. Mine only had 2 tower models left, a VM 920/3gb/2x45850-512 for $1500 (cheaper than from VM, but still more than a DIY) and a HP WHS box with 500GB for $330ish, which isn't that bad. You'd spend about the same for a DIY WHS box if you were buying all new parts. I might go back tomorrow or sunday and see if they mark them down any farther before selling out.

Find the manager and make an offer. With that said, I think they may hold some stuff back for friends. When my local CC opened for the last day, one guy bought all kinds of stuff, including nice Harmony Remote (not the One) and I can promise you that Remote was not sitting out at any point in the preceding week.

It can't hurt to ask...though you probably won't get them to go for it until the last day....just make sure you test it...they will sell you broken crap if they can ;)

the manager can't do anything at all, and from everything I've heard the liquidator rep won't cut anyone a deal.

I went back again on Friday to see what was left since Sunday is the last day for the nearest store. Like a lot of you have found, pretty picked over. Well, to my surprise, PC software was up to 80% off. I looked at what was left but did not see anything I wanted right away. But behind some crappy spyware scanning software was Vista HP upgrade. I am/was running on XP but for 59 dollars I could not pass that up!

I convinced myself to pick up a projector which I was monitoring at my local CC, it was an Optoma EP1690, and I had just sold the DS kiosk I picked up earlier, so that was going to pay for it. The EP1690 was marked down to $410, and I knew it was used, but at that price, it was worth it, even if the bulb was going to burn out soon. When I went to the store yesterday I noticed it wasn't on the shelf that it was on for the past few weeks. I asked someone about it and he said they sold it a day or so earlier, and that I didn't want it anyway since they dropped it while taking it down.

So If someone in CT picked up the Optoma EP1690 at the Circuit City in Newington, you might want to watch out for that...

Went to the Burbank store today. Mostly XM radio and blank DVDs left.

Got 100 DVD-Rs, a phone car charger, digital photos for dummies, Turbotax Premiere and State (realized state comes with a premiere rebate whoops), an iPod charger and a car cassette adapter all for about $16.

What I really wanted was an s-video to composite adapter...not paying $25 at Radiocrap for it.

I went to the Plano TX store..........it looked like a carcass that has been picked apart by buzzards.

My dad had sent me a $100 gift card that he couldn't use, so I ended up buying 2 WD 250 GB notebook drives and an 8 GB flash drive. these will be good portable drives :p

I found a Vista Home PRemium Upgrade for 80% off! From $280..... Ended up being 60 bucks, still not bad.

Turns out the TurboTax software they were selling is from 2002. Bastards! I wonder why they're going out of business.

I wentback today, grabbed the last one for $225+tax (50% off). Some @#)$(*@# had removed the HD and sata backplane. I get to call discover back on wednesday to dispute the charge (until it clears they can't do shit).

Back