CBT Nuggets worth the price?

atlrocks07

Limp Gawd
Look to get my ccna, possibly some other cert...I was thinking about the essentials package. Is there any others out there better or cheaper?

Internetwork Expert has a CCNA package, and so does Train Signal. As I understand it from other people, the CBT Nuggets stuff for CCNA is good as well but I can't comment directly. I used the Train Signal stuff to pass my CCNA. YMMV I guess.

The ones for CCENT are awesome. Jeremy does an awesome job of making it interesting and not dull like TrainSignal can kinda be.

I am using them at the moment, very good but they are not good enough to be your only source of information.

Personally I think most of the CBT (Computer Based Training) stuff is over priced. But then again I study well by just reading paper books to study with.

I passed the CCNA couple days ago on tuesday, took me about 5 months of studying maybe 3-5 hours each day? I used CBT Nuggets CCNA package and also purchase a study guide (or book) called CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide by Richard Deal. The videos help me understand how the network works and the books gave me a better understand of the concept and terms. Definitely download Cisco packet tracer as its the best simulation you can possibly have.

I passed the CCNA couple days ago on tuesday, took me about 5 months of studying maybe 3-5 hours each day? I used CBT Nuggets CCNA package and also purchase a study guide (or book) called CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide by Richard Deal. The videos help me understand how the network works and the books gave me a better understand of the concept and terms. Definitely download Cisco packet tracer as its the best simulation you can possibly have.

Packet Tracer is only 'legally' available to Cisco Networking Academy students FYI.

Packet Tracer is only 'legally' available to Cisco Networking Academy students FYI.

wow, never realised that. I don't suppose Cisco mind too much though. Passing your CCNA means you go on to buy, recommend and use their products. They get their money back :)

Jeremy is the man but I also like Chris Bryant (Trainsignal) ebook. I purchased the ROUTE book to read at work and it is easy to read and no fluff. But I'm going for my CCIE (straight from CCNA) so I'm reading Routing TCP/IP Vol1 2nd Ed at home and Bryant's stuff at work. I might see if I can get my job to purchase INE BGP and MPLS though.

Back