CAUTION: Newegg Pricing 1TB SSD Above Retail

5icko

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Interesting, but this kinda stuff belongs in the Hot Deals Discussions forum :)

So..

If you really want it.. is $20 going to stop you from purchasing it when you are already spending $550+ on an SSD? The buyer determines prices. Simple economics.

Tell them you will not buy it at that price.. by not buying it.

You do know what the S in MSRP means right? Twenty over the MSRP is nothing for a product of that price.

The buyer determines prices. Simple economics.

Pretty much. It's not being dishonest of them to price above the MSRP. After all, the MSRP is the "recommended price." If buyer demand is higher than supply (after all, Amazon is OOS) it makes perfect sense for them to increase the price.

That is awesome sauce and great read/write speeds to boot for that size.

So..

If you really want it.. is $20 going to stop you from purchasing it when you are already spending $550+ on an SSD? The buyer determines prices. Simple economics.

Tell them you will not buy it at that price.. by not buying it.

I counted a $50 difference between $570 and $620. I did drop out though, so I could be wrong...

Newegg looks like In Stock.

Amazon says Ships in 1 to 2 months.

That may explain the price difference.

10% premium seems pretty reasonable to get it in 2 days from egg instead of 2 months from Amazon.

What is "Hot" about waiting 2 months?

Wait...how is this a Hot Deal at all?

Wait, I'm thinking...sorry. Off topic.

Now what would be shady is if Newegg listed the MSRP on their site for something like $699 instead of the actual MSRP of $599. That has happened a lot with gun shops and the recent surge in weapon prices. Many shops have forever lost my business as they have advertised the MSRP way above the true MSRP and their price is conveniently below the false MSRP.

If I tell you that I can sell it to you for 299.00 but you will not see it until 5 years from now... would you still consider it a Hot Deal? :confused: :eek:

What I am trying to says is, Amazon probably sold their lot at MSRP or even at 620, once they were out, they put the price down so people think... Oh, How great is Amazon for lowering this hot ssd 20 bucks less than everyone else :rolleyes:

This is what I do... I wait a while for demand to go down and pay what everyone should of have paid to begin with... about 300 cheeseburgers! :D :)

if anyone thinks Amazon will ship this in 2 months, has aparently never shopped at Amazon long enough.

You'll get the SSD in 2 weeks TOPS.

if anyone thinks Amazon will ship this in 2 months, has aparently never shopped at Amazon long enough.

You'll get the SSD in 2 weeks TOPS.

There is no guarantee of that. It'll ship whenever they're able to get more stock it. Could be a week, could be 8 weeks.
Newegg's price is simply supply and demand. All this newegg hate is stupid.

I counted a $50 difference between $570 and $620. I did drop out though, so I could be wrong...

That only matters if you could actually buy it from the competition. There's a reason retailers do not price match products not in stock.

Supply and demand. I remember reading newegg has a computer algorithm to automatically raise prices when supply is low.

Move along.

If you are going to spend $600 on a HARD DRIVE I really don't think that an extra $20 is going to kill your wallet...............................................

There is no guarantee of that. It'll ship whenever they're able to get more stock it. Could be a week, could be 8 weeks.
Newegg's price is simply supply and demand. All this newegg hate is stupid.

There was a time, probably before you were born, that Newegg didn't operate this way. That's what earned them their following. But they've changed.

Loyalty is a two way street. Supply and demand is fine, but if you're going to operate like every corner gasoline station, then you don't deserve such blind, rabid fanboyism.

There was a time, probably before you were born, that Newegg didn't operate this way. That's what earned them their following. But they've changed.

Loyalty is a two way street. Supply and demand is fine, but if you're going to operate like every corner gasoline station, then you don't deserve such blind, rabid fanboyism.

So the poster is 7?

seems like newegg has seen this thread

...and decided to raise it to 650 now

seems like newegg has seen this thread

...and decided to raise it to 650 now

Good thing I'm up to about $25k at work that I haven't spent with them this year. That and about $2k in personal stuff. lol :) I fucking love Prime anyway. :)

Supply and demand...

No caution threads popped up when they raised the price of Titans by $25 each time they were in stock.

CAUTION: Newegg is a business operating in a (semi) capitalistic economy

NVIDIA had a stick up their ars for a while about MSRP. I can actually say far worse about Newegg, but I'm not going to, most of my experience with them has been very positive.

its 650 and out of stock.. someone should update the TOPIC! false hot deal!!! CATION ;) i was in for 2 but they are out of stock

The write speed makes me sad.

It's a 960GB SSD. I have a 1TB single platter 7200RPM spindle drive. I would love to have this SSD as a replacement for my HDD just due to the insane increase in read/write speeds I would realize.

The write speed would make me happy.

:p

Back