Cats 11.12EB drivers fix crossfire scaling in Skyrim

Lord_Exodia

Supreme [H]ardness
First off, I give credit to forum member DASHIT who actually confirmed this for me. I just wanted to post this thread so the entire community was aware that if you have crossfire there is a solution. This is a confirmed working driver for quadfire, and crossfire x using 2 Cayman, or 1 6990 as well. I'm not sure about;

Eyefinity + Crossfire
Barts Crossfire
5000 series crossfire

If anyone who has either of the 3 above setups can test it would be appreciated if you can share your experience with the community by updating this thread.

You can download the 11.12EB (early beta) here Although these drivers are confirmed safe from a few posters here, keep in mind they are early beta and I take no responsibility if they destroy your rig. LOL :p

Edit: You need to use this driver along with 11.9 Cap 4

Last edited:
Why is it 175mb for a driver when ATI 11.10 driver is only 95mb? Is this driver from ATI or some tweaker?

I have 2 6950s and I lost fps went form 35ish fps whit old drivers to 25 whit thease but If I trun cf off I get upper 50s

I'm getting roughly 30-40% better performance using the DLL fix than I am without the DLL fix. This is with the 11.12EB drivers and 11.9Cap4 (everything cleaned before hand). I would recommend people stick with their current 11.10 whql drivers with 11.9cap4 and the DLL fix, that seemed to give the best performance across the board. If you have already updated to 11.12EB try dropping that DLL in your Skyrim directory and seeing what happens.

I did my testing @ 5760x1080, Ultra, MSAA Off, FXAA Enabled, All Advanced maxed, Hayden's WSGF fix.

This along with the dll has helped my performance, but it is FAR from optimal. I should be spanking this game maxxed (AA off!) at 1600p. That is not the case. FPS will drop into the 20' and 30's in some places.

Where as I can max BF3 (no AA) and have a solid 60FPS experience, Skyrim performance is choppy and uneven :(

But hey at least I get ~1600 frames per second in the menu :)

Last edited:
Problem with this game is that it only uses up to 2 cores on your CPU which bottlenecks everything. The bottleneck only happens outside so I hope it's just a scripting issue.

This just plain blows that a game of this popularity was released, and everyone knew it was coming, and our friends at AMD don't have yet a CF profile or driver update for the game.:rolleyes:

What in God's name has been up with the driver division at AMD lately? I'm dumbfounded.:eek:

Thanks for the above recommendations.:D

Are these any different from the 8.92 (Nov. 3rd) leaked drivers that came out a while ago on the Guru3D forums? BF3 performance is absolutely amazing with those

Edit: nvm, the drivers in this thread are older

Last edited:
Still no official CAP for Skyrim... really AMD?

Honestly if you rely on crossfire for playing new games at high resolutions, there is no point to buying on release day. AMD is ALWAYS messing this up.

So sick of it I might go green team next time.

Still no official CAP for Skyrim... really AMD?

Honestly if you rely on crossfire for playing new games at high resolutions, there is no point to buying on release day. AMD is ALWAYS messing this up.

So sick of it I might go green team next time.

how are they always messing this up? most games come out with a Beta driver / cap available for download.

HDR overkill. When I run Skyrim it says DX9 during bootup of the game so I did something, don't know what, that forced DX9 instead of DX10 (11?) and I don't get that highlight blown out HDR crap.

I was under the impression that this game doesn't currently support DX10 or 11 and therefore is always running in DX9.

The DLL fix is working fine on my Crossfire 6870's. Interestingly, the majority of the load is on the secondary card. 99% secondary load and 80% primary. Up from 45%-35% pre-DLL.

just so you know, THIS IS THE SAME AS DISABLING CROSSFIRE IN THE CONTROL PANEL, IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING MAGICAL. It's just running one card instead of given the 'broken' crossfire performance that is about 30-40% worse than a single card.

WAIT FOR THE ATI DRIVER FOR SKYRIM PROFILE FOR REAL PERFORMANCE AND FIXES OF NON XFIRE ISSUES.

just so you know, THIS IS THE SAME AS DISABLING CROSSFIRE IN THE CONTROL PANEL, IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING MAGICAL. It's just running one card instead of given the 'broken' crossfire performance that is about 30-40% worse than a single card.

WAIT FOR THE ATI DRIVER FOR SKYRIM PROFILE FOR REAL PERFORMANCE AND FIXES OF NON XFIRE ISSUES.

I don't own skyrim but based on what I'm reading I'm going to have to disagree. People are reporting higher fps in skyrim with the dll fix over running a single card. Moreover monitoring programs show both gpu's are being utilized very well vs only one gpu working. What are you basing your claims on? Is there something you read somewhere that is leading you to believe this.

These are the same 8.92 drivers that I have been using since late October. The entire 11.10 and 11.11 series do not work for my portrait eyefinity so I am forced to either use 11.9 or these (currently these).

Blasphemy! :D

Can't afford it right now to be honest. Spent too much money on car repairs this week. Also after seeing how shitty the game is coded, I"m waiting for better driver support and patching before investing. I anticipate I will pick this up next month and dump 1000 hours into the game by Feb 2012.

I will beg forgiveness at the altar of akatosh for my transgressions. :D

Back