Catleap Q270 DOA, help with the broken english

Bladestorm

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a "Perfect Pixel Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2B Extreme OC", and it's DOA. Long story short I emailed the seller "green-sum", and after 3 days he replied with this.

Hello,

First of all, we apologize for your inconvenience.

It seem the monitor port is damaged from impact during shipping process. We will need pictures of the monitor and original package that came with so that we can submit the required document for pick-up.
Then give us your address.

1. full name
2. exact address, including zip code
3. phone number
4. email address (Please write it as xxxxx<atTTT>xxx<dotTT>com)

Please let us know this information

Also, please write your eBay username on the shipping invoice, and let us know the tracking numbers, for faster process.

Additionally, please do not pack up the box with bubble wrap or air-cap,
since it increases the volume and weight of the box.

We will get your warranty as soon as we get your item.
If you have any other difficulty, please let us know it.

Thank you.

Best regards,

- green-sum

What does he mean when he says "write your eBay username on the shipping invoice, and let us know the tracking numbers". Is he effectively saying it's my job to cover the return shipping?

Not sure from reading that. I would E-Mail him the info he asked for and see what happens.

It seem the monitor port is damaged from impact during shipping process. We will need pictures of the monitor and original package that came with so that we can submit the required document for pick-up.
Then give us your address.

1. full name
2. exact address, including zip code
3. phone number
4. email address (Please write it as xxxxx<atTTT>xxx<dotTT>com)

Please let us know this information

Mine came with an issue from green sum also and I recieved the same reply.

I sent him the info and then he asked for a PICTURE of the original packaging. wtf?

so I sent hima pic of it all boxed back up. Just bizarre... still waiting to hear back. he is WAAAAY less responsive than the seller "withstory" that I bought a perfect Qnix from

Mine came with an issue from green sum also and I recieved the same reply.

I sent him the info and then he asked for a PICTURE of the original packaging. wtf?

so I sent hima pic of it all boxed back up. Just bizarre... still waiting to hear back. he is WAAAAY less responsive than the seller "withstory" that I bought a perfect Qnix from

I gave him the info he wanted, and about 8 pictures. That was 2 days ago and I haven't heard back. Please let me know how it goes with you.

A lot of these guys suck, I have bought probably 25+ of these Korean monitors from various sellers and we've had 4 DOA. Every single time I had to get to the point of threatening to reverse charges to get them to do anything.

It says "If the seller specified in his or her listing that he or she offers replacements, you can request one the same way you would a refund through My eBay. Ship the original item back to the seller within 5 business days. The seller will also ship the replacement item with 5 business days."

I would think you have to cough up few bucks.

It says "If the seller specified in his or her listing that he or she offers replacements, you can request one the same way you would a refund through My eBay. Ship the original item back to the seller within 5 business days. The seller will also ship the replacement item with 5 business days."

I would think you have to cough up few bucks.

Nowhere in the listing does it say that.

I recently went through this process with greensum about a month ago.
Basically you send your info and some pics to him. After that he will file a claim through DHL and then DHL would schedule a pickup. After that greensum would ask you if you want a refund or a replacement.

I did went through some hoops though. DHL would take a long time so make sure you keep in contact with greensum about it. After awhile I got a little frustrated and managed to got greensum to contact DHL again. So about a day later I got a call from DHL for a pickup. When greensum received the item, he would contact you if you want a replacement or refund.

Do not use your money for the return. Let him do it because it's not your responsibility. He usually reply around 3-4am CST so make sure you send a message at least 10 hrs in advance :D

here's a pic of mine
YGl62IX.jpg

GreenSum isn't out to get anyone necessarily, but they/she won't put out much effort for you, either.

1st off, GreenSum will only respond to emails 1 time per business day. If you miss the cutoff, next bus day for reply.
2nd GreenSum will pay return shipping for damaged items and will replace or refund. The bad part is it takes a couple weeks to get it sorted out when you lose the lottery like this.
3rd If you really want to get a response asap, call her. Her phone number is on the paypal info.
4th DO NOT leave feedbakc of any kind until the transaction is *completely* finished. That is your leverage with her.

I got a response, but it reads as if I'm supposed to file a damage claim with the shipper. There was no shipping damage. I was sent a broken monitor, and I wouldn't feel right filing a bogus claim.

Hello

Thank you for your information.
We will submit a pick-up for your monitor.

* Damaged cargo claim procedure *

1) Damaged cargo arrived: Submit a claim to the carrier.
2) Claim accepted: UPS Korea will contact local branches for investigation.
3) Processing: Investigation by local carrier branches. If finally accepted, they pick it up. (Depending on damages, pictures only would be enough. If necessary, they might contact to the receiver.)
4) Result: Local carrier branches make the final decision based on the investigation.
(During this process, if UPS would pick up your item for investigation and then they would try to re-send the item to you, Please reject the item, then it returns to us.)
5) The whole procedure could take a week.
6) If a receiver reports to the local carrier branches that the damage occurred during shipment, the process could be done faster.
7) Please do not move the item from you to check item condition and for picking it up.

We will definitely solve the problem and get the item back to us. So please do not worry about it too much.
We just need your cooperation.

Would you like refund or a replacement?

Please do not hesitate contacting us if there's any problems.

- green-sum

I got a response, but it reads as if I'm supposed to file a damage claim with the shipper. There was no shipping damage. I was sent a broken monitor, and I wouldn't feel right filing a bogus claim.

bra, that looks like damage to me. The LCD is borked. that could have occoured from being dropped or jarred during shipping.

Sorry... well looks like he/she is pulling the same routine with me. They want DHL to cover it. I dont give a rats ass as long as I get set

Fair enough, but do you read what they said as us having to initiate the process, or are we supposed to wait for a follow up?

Fair enough, but do you read what they said as us having to initiate the process, or are we supposed to wait for a follow up?

DHL called me today to ask if the monitor was damaged. I said "well it sure doesnt work, and it came from overseas so something happened" They thanked me and said they would call back with any other questions they had.

Ill wait a few days before I jack up Green Sum

DHL called me today to ask if the monitor was damaged. I said "well it sure doesnt work, and it came from overseas so something happened" They thanked me and said they would call back with any other questions they had.

Ill wait a few days before I jack up Green Sum

I don't think I'll be as lucky. UPS left me a message telling me to call them back so they can setup an inspection. If I'm understanding green-sums email correctly they will pick up the monitor, look it over, and then either approve it or send it back to me. If they send it back I'm supposed to refuse delivery. I'm not sure how to do that, especially if they just leave it at my door while I'm at work.

I don't think I'll be as lucky. UPS left me a message telling me to call them back so they can setup an inspection. If I'm understanding green-sums email correctly they will pick up the monitor, look it over, and then either approve it or send it back to me. If they send it back I'm supposed to refuse delivery. I'm not sure how to do that, especially if they just leave it at my door while I'm at work.

If it's with UPS, sign up for My Choice and route it for Will-call. Then just don't pick it up or go there and refuse it formally.

If it's with UPS, sign up for My Choice and route it for Will-call. Then just don't pick it up or go there and refuse it formally.

Sorry to be annoying, but at what stage would I route it for will call? Also how exactly would I refuse it? What do you say?

Back