Catalyst® 7.1 Vista 32 bit (dated Jan 29, 2007)

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
Linky link: Link
New Features
This release of Catalyst® introduces the following new features:

Blu-ray and HD-DVD playback
CrossFire™ support under Vista
Native OpenGL Vista support
Catalyst™ Install Manager for Vista
New Catalyst™ Control Center

Blu-ray and HD-DVD playback
Catalyst™ 7.1 introduces the ability to playback Blu-ray and HD DVD protected high definition content under Windows Vista 32-bit edition (support for Windows Vista 64-bit edition will be available in a future Catalyst™ release), when used in combination with a software content player from vendors such as Cyberlink or Intervideo and an ATI Radeon X1000 series graphics accelerator (with HDCP support).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: An HDCP ready Display is also required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CrossFire™ support under Vista
Catalyst™ 7.1 introduces CrossFire™ support for the entire ATI Radeon X1000 product series under Microsoft Vista. Users will see significant performance gains in a number of applications when running in CrossFire™ mode under Windows Vista. (Initially available for Direct3D only, coming soon in a future Catalyst™ release for OpenGL)

Native OpenGL Vista support
Catalyst™ 7.1 introduces native support for OpenGL, delivering a number of OpenGL application performance gains over the previously released AMD Vista RTM driver (8.31.100.3.2.1). Future Catalyst™ releases will include further OpenGL optimizations to further enhance performance of Vista OpenGL applications

Catalyst™ Install Manager for Vista
Catalyst™ 7.1 provides Microsoft Vista users with a new ATI Radeon graphics installer that will help users more easily update and install ATI Catalyst™ software. Users will also experience a significant improvement in install and un-install Verdana of ATI Catalyst™ software components.

New Catalyst™ Control Center
Catalyst™ 7.1 introduces a brand new version of the Catalyst™ Control Center for Windows Vista, which delivers a number of significant enhancements:

Significant performance gains; Catalyst™ Control Center start-up time has been substantially reduced, and overall responsiveness has improved.

Reduced system resource usage

New 3D preview - significantly improves the ability for users to understand the benefits of enabling the many Catalyst™ features of their ATI Radeon graphics accelerator

Increased stability

Native Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit support

Yes!
Can't get control center to start. Files are missing at startup. hmmm Still problems at least on my system.
Haven't checked performance yet.

Well performnace is still down compared to XP. By about 20 % on what I play, GTR2. And about 15% on 3DMark06.
Hope they improve it (I think they should have it dialed by now, I mean they had plenty of time considering the time it took to get Vista out).

What good is it to upgrade OS and get worse performance.:(

Core2Duo [email protected] Ghz and X1900XT256

I've got to say I'm really fucking pissed off. Still can't play a single game with rig in sig:mad:

I'm very happy. Now I can play DOD: Source and CS: Source at 1920x1200 with 4xFSAA and 8xAF smooth as butter with my X1900XT.

Catalyst control center works great too.. everything is working great for me.

My only problem is that after the Windows progress bar startup screen thing, my laptop's display goes black. I either have to close the lid and reopen it or tap the power button a couple times (both of which put it into and take it out of standby, i believe) to get it working. Not a huge problem, but annoying.

I have a x1950XT, and every time i start any 3d application my system either locks up, reboots og produces a blue screen. This also happened with the Beta driver, so i though it was a beta issue, and haven't really searched for answers until the final driver was realeased hoping it would fix it. But, my computer still won't run any 3d application with the final driver, and the card works fine under XP. Any thoughts?

Other then the X1950XT, my system consists of:
Opteron 146 @ 2840Mhz
2 Gb Ram
DFI nF4 Ultra-D
X-Fi XtremeMusic

Try lowering your computer overclocking.

Checked out from Nvidia side of the forums and some people there have had stability issues with Vista. Basicly people have not been able to run similiar OC with Vista than they did with XP and the result was BSOD. Then again there are people who can run same OC with XP and Vista without any problems, it seems to be system related but worth a try.

Try lowering your computer overclocking.

Checked out from Nvidia side of the forums and some people there have had stability issues with Vista. Basicly people have not been able to run similiar OC with Vista than they did with XP and the result was BSOD. Then again there are people who can run same OC with XP and Vista without any problems, it seems to be system related but worth a try.

Already tried it, didn't work. Anyways, the CPU is prime stable in vista, and the memory seems stable aswell. :confused:

reporting in again.... games seem to run fine. Maybe a few frames slower, but that's expected.

Installed it, works fine.. was using the Asus version, Display driver ver 8.33.0.0.
Ran 3dmark06, scored 3530
After installing 7.1, Display driver ver. 8.333.0.0
Ran 3dmark06, scored 3578

seems to work a lil better.

Vid card. Sapphire ATI X1650XT 256mb

I can't install control center or Ati Tray tool. Slower fps all around definitely in all games including WOW.

I migrated too from XP maybe its no good idea.:(

I have a x1950XT, and every time i start any 3d application my system either locks up, reboots og produces a blue screen. This also happened with the Beta driver, so i though it was a beta issue, and haven't really searched for answers until the final driver was realeased hoping it would fix it. But, my computer still won't run any 3d application with the final driver, and the card works fine under XP. Any thoughts?

Other then the X1950XT, my system consists of:
Opteron 146 @ 2840Mhz
2 Gb Ram
DFI nF4 Ultra-D
X-Fi XtremeMusic

I have the same problem with my Sapphire X1950XT

When I try to run a 3D app of any sort, I get lock ups, blue screens, reboots and sometimes Ill get funky crap on the screen before one of the 3 previous things happens.

XP and XP64 run like a dream.

I wish we could say something in our setups was similar, but other than the video card, our PC's are night and day.

E6300, Asus P5B-E

Back