catalyst 6.4 oblivion HDR + AA?

frankyk

Gawd
i heard 6.4 doesn't have HDR + AA support for oblivion and i need the 6.3

is it bad that i revert to an older version (6.3 vs. 6.4)?

how much affect will it have anyway on oblivion?

i use x1800xt

Hey,

The 6.4 driver is supose to run HDR with AA although i havnt gotten this to work either, and theres no point and moving to the 6.3's because both are pretty much the same.. and neither should really show a performance difference, although its still best to have the latest! ;) anyways hows the x1800xt run oblivion?

at 1280x1024 (no patch), i am getting average of 30 FPS outdoors with HDR and everything on.

game looks great, haven't even noticed jaggies, but i'm not too big on details but i heard you can get AA, and that would be cool.

Well im pretty sure AA would be the setting to bog your system down, although i would deffinetly get the oblivion patch man.. you should be a getting a 10fps increase minimum, it fixes abunch of graphical erros and conflicts.. so it should run alot smoother.. and no slow downs ;)

The "Chuck patch" that allows HDR + AA in 'Oblivion' was put out by ATI for the Cat 6.3 drivers. No official driver releases support HDR + AA in 'Oblivion', but the "Chuck patch" with the Cat 6.3s will get it done for you. The "Chuck patch" does not work with the 6.4s or, indeed, any driver but the 6.3s.

Work on the street is that the 6.5s (due in a few days) will incorporate this update into them.

Why would you even use those shameful drivers - Catalyst 6.4 should've been released April 1st :D

Cat6.3 = HDR+AA = :)

The Oblivion patch gave me no performance boost on my X1900XT, and the texture filtering appears to have degraded slightly. I now also occasionally get red, yellow or blue 'spots' near the middle of the screen (about 15 pixels in diameter). I'd re-install the damn thing without the patch, only I haven't had any unexpected crashes (at least so far) or the funky 'I can't stop jumping' syndrome since updating.

Definitely a bit of a bodge-job IMO

Actually, you can use the chuck patch with 6.4. When you install the chuck patch, you are really installing the chuck modded 6.3 drivers only, no ccc or vivo drivers. So you could run the full 6.4 ccc install then use the chuck patch over top of it...

The Chuck patch is not so much a "patch" as a standalone driver. You can install it by itself without the rest of the driver package.

Back