Catalyst 10.1 is out

im more concern on stability on eyefinity and xfire support than a 2+ fps increase

There is, imo. Vsync seems to be working perfectly in all games I've tried now. It wasn't previously in Dirt2 or L4D2 with Eyefinity, no matter how you tried to force it.

I was just benchmarking guys dont jump all over me
i dont use infinity so i am good so far

I was just benchmarking guys dont jump all over me
i dont use infinity so i am good so far

Sorry, wasn't jumping on you. The catalyst release notes even hinted to only a small gain here. I'm just hoping that small gain applies to minimum frame rate as well. That's where people will see a 'noticeable' increase. Especially in games like Crysis.

i just finished reading at people'e posts from amd forums and people are pissed as hell, there is still alot of things that arent fixed.

so i guess amd released their new hardware before nvidia, but without any software to run it correctly, and my 5970 is coming this friday, this sucks.

i just finished reading at people'e posts from amd forums and people are pissed as hell, there is still alot of things that arent fixed.

so i guess amd released their new hardware before nvidia, but without any software to run it correctly, and my 5970 is coming this friday, this sucks.

Dual, if you have any issues with the 5970, check out the forums @ guru3d.com they have beta 10.2's posted right now (or at least ones with Driver package 8.70). Give those a shot, if these drivers don't run very well with your 5970.

Your 5970 kicks ass and you will love it. The only thing that is 'broken' is that monitors sleep mode is borked with the latest drivers. Ignore 90% of this thread. People seem to think that a monthly driver upgrade should give them 30% performance increase and end world poverty.

Definitely don't get discouraged- My Diamond 5970 is running fantastic the last month- no issues an any of the games I like (MW/MW2, Crysis/WH, Dirt 2., Doom 3-yeah, I know..;) ). And I am a Eyefinity guy, too, -so don't take too much of the driver "issues" to heart. I am sure it will improve over time, but it SCREAMS right now! .

Definitely don't get discouraged- My Diamond 5970 is running fantastic the last month- no issues an any of the games I like (MW/MW2, Crysis/WH, Dirt 2., Doom 3-yeah, I know..;) ). And I am a Eyefinity guy, too, -so don't take too much of the driver "issues" to heart. I am sure it will improve over time, but it SCREAMS right now! .

..off topic.. Shit, Doom 3 scared the shit out of me.

No problems so far with these drivers. Still too early to tell. Like the guy said a few posts up. Coming out of sleep mode gets borked on the 9.12's(for me). Hope these drivers fixed the problem.

Do these fix the HD3200 being unable to resume from standby? The last drivers that worked correctly were the 9.8's

But what about the damned gray stripe crash??

I increased my CPU Vcore and now no more GSOD... But, now I get BSOD...

So, people who said the GSODs were causing you to not see your real BSODs might have been right...

I'm getting worse performance with stalker clear sky. Only a couple Fps but a couple fps really goes a long way in a demanding game like this.

well, MN, you also apparently dont run a 5000 series card, so why are you installing these drivers?

Darn, my 5870 missed delivery today so I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I can enjoy it....

Going straight to 10.1 after I drop in the new card!

WTF... I've tried installing these twice now and CCC still says I have 9.7 (I had 9.11 before this version).
Guess I gotta bust out DriverSweeper/Cleaner.

EDIT: Ok, really confused now. Ran ATI Uninstaller, ran DriverSweeper in SafeMode, rebooted and installed 10.1. Windows didn't try to install it's own drivers either. Rebooted, CCC still says "Catalyst Version: 09.7"
I don't get it...

Last edited:
WTF... I've tried installing these twice now and CCC still says I have 9.7 (I had 9.11 before this version).
Guess I gotta bust out DriverSweeper/Cleaner.

EDIT: Ok, really confused now. Ran ATI Uninstaller, ran DriverSweeper in SafeMode, rebooted and installed 10.1. Windows didn't try to install it's own drivers either. Rebooted, CCC still says "Catalyst Version: 09.7"
I don't get it...

It's a glitch, don't worry. you have 10.1

...and this release did nothing for me at all.
I still get stuttery vsync, multi-channel PCM still screws up over 96000 Hz, and the Catalyst version isn't even reporting correctly.

Can someone with Resident Evil 5 confirm this for me?

This update appears to fix the HDR rendering bug in DX10 mode, but now the water is fucked up. The reflections are all warped and distorted, it looks terrible. Did ATI just fix one bug and introduce another in the same damn game?

Edit: Just found this in the release notes: "Corruption may be visible during "Resident Evil 5" gameplay in specific chapters". By the time they get this game working right, RE6 will be out.

I have dual monitors and with the 10.1 drivers only one turns off when the power-saving time kicks in...

I have dual monitors and with the 10.1 drivers only one turns off when the power-saving time kicks in...

I have three but they all just go dark. It's a black screen but the backlight is on and it's clearly not in power saving mode. Moving the mouse brings the image back instantly.

I have three but they all just go dark. It's a black screen but the backlight is on and it's clearly not in power saving mode. Moving the mouse brings the image back instantly.

Obviously these new drivers were thoroughly QAed...

loaded them up... no issues so far.. I can't really see much improvement in anything really though.. l4d2 seems a little smoother.. lotro might be a tiny bit smoother also.. played some dead space also.. that game is effin gnarl. lol. looks so nice at 5760x1080. whew... runs very smooth also.. so no bezel management eh?

Dirt 2 in unplayable locks up after a minute or so,and says display driver has stopped responding..
Tried it at stock clocks,same thing..

Anyone else have the issue with this driver that they went let your screen into sleep? The screen goes black, but the powerbutton still lights green? Got a G2400WD, and when the screen enters sleep, the powerbutton should light orange.

Anyone else have the issue with this driver that they went let your screen into sleep? The screen goes black, but the powerbutton still lights green? Got a G2400WD, and when the screen enters sleep, the powerbutton should light orange.

See posts 65 & 66 just above.

Bad Company 2 beta runs superb with these, but the highlights feel overblown - maybe it's just the game, shining sun on a very snowed in landscape like.

Bad Company 2 beta runs superb with these, but the highlights feel overblown - maybe it's just the game, shining sun on a very snowed in landscape like.

What is your setup and what is the max you are able to get out of visual settings and at what FPS? I am having to wait for release because I don't want to preorder to play a beta.:mad:

What is your setup and what is the max you are able to get out of visual settings and at what FPS? I am having to wait for release because I don't want to preorder to play a beta.:mad:

Preorder isn't charged until release from most places. You can preorder now, play beta and then cancel if you want.

I have the same issue with my dual monitor setup.

1920x1080, highest settings, no AA/AF (I need sharp pixels for spotting targets at range, used to this from Operation Flashpoint since 2001), smooth as Michael Jackson's..

Phenom II X2 550, 1gig 5770, 4 gigs of DDR2 800

People report very playable framerates on lesser computers (s775 quads and 8800GTs), the game engine is very kind and scales well. If the framerate goes down I would have died anyway - tons of bullets and shells splashing up dust in my eyes, kissing the tip of a sabot round. The game seems very shiny (winter, sunny day on the map we test) but I can confirm it's not a Radeon 5K series bug :)

Major framerate drops reported with 10.1 on the AMD Game forum. I think I'll stick with 9.12 for a while longer.

Well it didnt fix the 85Hz cap, but i have my own fix, and it says in the release notes that grey sceens are still random and present under all OSs. I thought they would up the clocks for 2d to at least 300 and mem 400 but ya have to do that urself too if you want stability in 2d mode, ie, interner, desktop, etc... And no profiles for xfire....im a tad dissapointed, but ill play some games and report back. A few frames a second difference i dont care about, i want stability and no flickering when i add another monitor and stuff like that. We shall see what ATI/AMD delayed these for so long for......

Back