Cat Mod

JoeBoomz

n00b
Zalman TNN-500A with sleeping cat.

serverpic.jpg

Really, I can't do anything to this case, it would break my heart to dremel it and it's not like it needs work to make it QUIETER.

:drool: at your case! Specs and temps? I've always wanted to play around with one, but cant afford the $1200 price tag :p

saturnine2 said:
:drool: at your case! Specs and temps? I've always wanted to play around with one, but cant afford the $1200 price tag :p

I was actually quite pleased with the cooling, slightly better than stock fan. It's currently running as a game/forum/file server. The server is obviously on 24/7 and I really just got sick of the noise it made so I switched the case (actually got this "damaged" one for a really good price and fixed it up) and got a quieter hard drive. Now I sleep better at night because you really can't tell it's running.

ABIT IC7
Intel 3.0C
1x512MB Kingston PC3200 RAM
74GB WD Raptor
ATI 3d Rage II PCI vidcard

Runs happily at 3.6 GHz at about 55 degrees under load. I've honestly been playing around more with watercooling lately so I haven't tinkered much with the case - pretty much just moved the parts over into it and have been running it like that since.

Not worth the full price tag though. These cases are only for people who have problems finding expensive things to blow money on. My watercooling setup cost me about $250 when I was done and it's just as quiet (and performs better).

·PitBuLL· said:
Do you have any pictures of the inside with your components installed?

I have to see that :D

Sure, here's a few...

serverpic2.jpg

serverpic3.jpg

serverpic4.jpg

You'll notice I have the northbridge fan unplugged ;)

How bout you be a good person and send that to me for a christmas present :p Your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

Back