Cat 6.10 to integrate Chuck patch and official X1950 XTX support!

Sweet, I may have to try these when I get home. I am also hoping for improved X1950XTX performance as well since official support will be present in these drivers.

I noticed no real performance increase in the 1950XTX but it was nice to have official drivers for my GPU.

BLUEFISH44 said:
I noticed no real performance increase in the 1950XTX but it was nice to have official drivers for my GPU.

Very sad.

Yea I was expecting more from the drivers but remember they are beta and performance tweaks can still be added. My rig isnt the best test bed for them becouse it it a work in progress and is not really tuned at all. I need a good day of tweaking before i'm really happy with it.
I am running a 3Dmark 05 score of 9960 (4400x2 SKT939 2gig OCZ gold ram C3D X1950XTX) I think I can do better @ stock speeds.

Dan_D said:
Very sad.

Why is it very sad that there isnt a huge performance increase? Lets be realistic here. Its not like the X1900 and X1950's are that different, its just a memory increase.

fallguy said:
Why is it very sad that there isnt a huge performance increase? Lets be realistic here. Its not like the X1900 and X1950's are that different, its just a memory increase.

Well, there could be tweaks here in there for differences in latency between DDR3 and DDR4, as well as other tweaks related to the availability of faster overall memory, but in principle you're right, I'm not sure why people expect big gains from a driver release for what is essentially (at best) a 6 month old architecture (more like 12-14 months if you go back to the X1800 series).

I don't expect huge increases in performance. I was just hoping there would be some performance improvements.

Either way I'll probably install them because they integrate the chuck patch and have official support for my card.

Dan_D said:
Either way I'll probably install them because they integrate the chuck patch and have official support for my card.

Indeed. Both of those are very nice to have. I will always have a special place in my heart for the ATI driver team after what they did with the Chuck patch.

well thats good news but even better news would be a release date for the x1950xtx crossfire edition

I called ATI question support they said they werent selling the non-crossfire x1950xtx yet
peter_huth_orly.jpg

then how come I friggin own the ATI version of it

neloangelo said:
well thats good news but even better news would be a release date for the x1950xtx crossfire edition

I called ATI question support they said they werent selling the non-crossfire x1950xtx yet
peter_huth_orly.jpg

then how come I friggin own the ATI version of it[/QUOTE]

That's probably true. ETA from most online stores is November 25th or right around there.

The drivers loaded fine for me just fine, work like a charm. I have no idea about the crossfire though and i really cant make assumptions. Have you tried the drivers that came with your GPU's?

UltimaBoB said:
Is the beta of 6.10 okay? will it let me run 2x 1950XTX in crossfire?

Install the drivers and test it. If it doesn't work, then revert back to your old drivers if you want to.

You may be the first one to try them and they work. But remember the work BETA is in the name and it may be buggy.

Right now I am using the modded 6.9's with the Chuck patch and my X1950XTX's are doing fine in Crossfire.

Now if I could only do video capture off my regular X1950XTX I'd be doing great.

Back