Casual Gaming PC - $2000

FenFox

Limp Gawd
-Need a casual gaming PC for about $2000 CAD (before taxes). May be willing to add on an extra $100-200 if you feel It's absolutely essential. I play at most maybe 1-2 new games a year, so it doesn't need to be top-of-the-line. But I'll be playing Doom Eternal and I don't wanna have to dial down the graphics too much.

-Prefer to buy within a week, but there seems to be a lot of hype around AMD right now, so I dunno if I should wait. Would still prefer not to.

-Need Tower/Windows 10/SSD/Memory/Motherboard/Video Card/CPU/PSU recommendations. (I need everything except for a HDD). Not sure on cooler as I don't plan to OC, so maybe stock is fine? If a CPU cooler is recommended, I'd probably prefer an AIO over a chunky/bulky fan cooler even though an AIO would probably bump the price up too much. Don't know if I should use my current PSU which is under a year old, or just buy new. Current PSU: EVGA Supernova 750W G2. There are reasons as to why I may not want to use it though.

-Prefer to buy local vs buying parts from different online stores in case there's an issue with a component. I DO NOT want to have to wait for shipping if there's a hardware defect. I will be paying for someone to build it and if there's a problem, they can fix it--I don't want to have to bother with it. Maybe I can price match. Local stores available where I live (BC, Canada): Memory Express/Mike's Computer Shop/Canada Computers.

-Not interested in OC'ing.

-Specific requirements:
*Tower must have at least 8 Bays for HDD's/SSD's.
*Case must look stylish, be easy to clean, easy cable management, plenty of room with a window that's not gonna easily scruff/scratch.
*May be interested in some RGB.
*Must have mic/headset ports on the front/side.
*3-4 USB ports on the front/side
*At least 6 USB ports at the back.
*Overall, just a hassle-free case if I ever need to fix/troubleshoot some hardware.

-Prefer Nvidia/Intel over AMD. May buy a G-Sync monitor later on but Freesync is an option I suppose now that Nvidia supports it.

-Color theme: Learning toward a black or white case with a slight preference for black. Lighting inside: Pink, maybe blueish-teal fan colors. Cabling: white. Likely not gonna do sleeves though as that is probably expensive and could complicate things. You've all seen this color combination a million times over; no surprises with the theme.

-Special consideration: Normally I would conduct months worth of my own research before buying a new computer, but for reasons not worth elaborating on, I need a new PC within a week ideally, and I definitely do NOT want to wait longer than 3 weeks. So help steer me correct boys!

Back