Castlevania LOS Mirror Of Fate (3DS)

Solhokuten

[H]ard|Gawd
Demo was pretty sweet. Anyone plan on picking this up? Thoughts, Opinions?

Wasn't aware of it. Is it closer to the God of War style Castlevania game for PS3/360 or more like the Symphony of the Night games that were on the DS?

Wasn't aware of it. Is it closer to the God of War style Castlevania game for PS3/360 or more like the Symphony of the Night games that were on the DS?

It's a sequel to Lord of Shadows game so more GoW style.

Reviews are very polarized from what I've been seeing.

Feels like a hybrid of both. Nice to be able to play as Alucard again though hes a lot diffrent. He uses a whip with a red aura, reminds me of Hector's laser whip from Castlevania Curse of Darkness. He also has the ability to transform into werewolf or mist form. Werewolf is much cooler then it was in SOTN.

Simon and Trevor are also playable characters with there own unique abilities. The difficulty is pretty insane makes most of the other games seem like a cake walk.

Sounds pretty cool to me. I've played through almost every Castlevania game to date, at least with only a few exceptions. I even liked the so-so ones, so I'm likely to buy this either way.

Played the demo and was quite surprised at how fun it was. will be snagging this somewhere down the line after I beat fire emblem, and tomb raider.

Etian Odyssey IV will keep my busy for a month or two so I haven't played it yet.

I love SOTN and Hated Lord of Shadows. If I wanted God of war I'd buy God of war.

I'm the worst kind of narrow minded niche gamer there is.....if it doesn't look, feel, and taste like an RPG I want nothing to do with it.

Nothing wrong with that. RPG's, GOOD rpg games tend to be very engrossing with good stories and a character driven narrative that makes you feel invested in what you are playing. I understand you completely brother.

What all RPG's have you played or are playing from this year and last year?

Btw, I would recommend you at least try the Castlevania DS games, they are excellent!

Nothing wrong with that. RPG's, GOOD rpg games tend to be very engrossing with good stories and a character driven narrative that makes you feel invested in what you are playing. I understand you completely brother.

What all RPG's have you played or are playing from this year and last year?

Btw, I would recommend you at least try the Castlevania DS games, they are excellent!

Loved the DS castlevania games...not quite as good as SOTN but having a SOTN like game portable is quite nice.

Past year was quite barren for me.
Devil Survivor 2 didn't live up to Devil Survivor but was still pretty good.
Diablo 3 didn't live up to Diablo 2 but was still pretty good.
TL2 was great just not engaging enough for endgame action.
Persona 4 was a remake so not sure you can count it. The added features were just ok but the port was flawless playing it on Vita is like Christmas in your hands.
Fire Emblem NDS was great minor bland story complaints is about its only flaw.
Etrian Odyssey IV is going to be the high light of my year/life for a long while....Reminds me Phantasy Star on the Sega Master System with a bad ass class system its like someone at Atlus has been invading my dreams to build me the perfect rpg

The Last Story gave it a shot couldn't get into the non traditional gameplay....same is true for Xenoblade. I'm told they are both great but again my niche kills them for me. didn't even look into Final Fantasy XIII-2 after playing Final Fantasy XIII and the haunting memory of X-2 still lingering in my mind.

Sums up my year.

Well, out of that, I extracted the wisdom that I should play Etrian Oddessey IV.

Thanks for the recommend, need to do what we talked about earlier, and buy that big memory card for the 3ds, then I will download the game directly.

Well, out of that, I extracted the wisdom that I should play Etrian Oddessey IV.

Thanks for the recommend, need to do what we talked about earlier, and buy that big memory card for the 3ds, then I will download the game directly.

Don't go the cheap route on the SD card. I made the mistake of use a cheap none name brand that I had in my desk unused for months......About 20 hours into Etrain Odyssey and Fire Emblem it corrupted the game data.....at the time 32gigs for the price of 16 gigs seemed like a good idea.

So I just picked up a new card and things are working great now......Pros and cons of digital games. They should also be cheaper steam style since they don't have to print or make anything.

I can't say this enough...

Back up your SD card. I do it once a week. Takes about 5 minutes seriously.

And always buy a brand name. Do not go with some unknown third party crap.

Yep full retail plus tax for buying online. I still think its worth it because you can always re-download it. My dog literally eat one of my old ds games so I have bad luck with physical copies.

I got the SanDisk Ultra 16 GB for $15 at Target. 40 + hours later still working like magic. If you have time to buy online you can probably get 32 GB for cheap. But I doubt I'll have more than 16 games to play on the 3DS during its life cycle...I'm guessing 10

I did back up my SD card daily. However the bad SD card corrupted the actual game data and the saves are tied to the game so when I moved my data to the new SD card the game data was still messed up....Still recommend backing them up but it my case it was useless. Currently there is no method to transfer save files which is pretty stupid.

The only way to fix it was to re-download the game which removed my saves.

I have it and I personally think its pretty fun. Its not of the same quality as a natural 2D Castlevania scroller but it does a good amount of things right.

IGN slammed it (only IGN and another site gave it anything below a 7 I believe) because it wasn't a pure Castlevania and did live up to the editors insane beliefs that it should eclipse the DS games. Previews of the game have been going on for months , if you didn't realize that it was a departure from the 2D scrolling (its more like 2.5D scrolling) than you shouldn't have worked yourself up for it.

I'm enjoying it and the music is just glorious. Very high quality. The graphics are nice and the 3D is done well (without a lot of crosstalk) but the story is a vapid one. The pacing is reasonable but the second half of the game paces very differently. I'd give it around a 7.5 out of 10. If you enjoyed the Castlevania on the 360 then you'll love it , if your a purist and can't get past the whole "metroidvania" style then download the demo and judge yourself as the entire game is pretty much just like it.

Back