Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow

Slartibartfast

Supreme [H]ardness
Has anybody gotten 100% on this game yet? I can't figure out what I'm missing. I have all the secret rooms but am only at 99.3%. I have beaten the game and gotten the good ending as well. Getting more souls doesn't seem to increase your overall percentage. What else besides the map does the game count when calculating the percent completed?

I got like 97%, but yeah, you do need to get all of the souls to get 100%, because you get a special item when you do.

That game was so much fun :cool:

Oh right that Chaos Ring thing right? Yeah this game is a lot of fun, I have barely even touched Julius mode, and once I get my first game to 100% I'll probably start over on hard mode.

Are you talking about 100% map? If that's the case, try getting using the Peeping Eye soul... If its 100% Souls you're talking about, you can find that on the enemy list screen on the menu.

I'm talking about like, when you go to select which save you want it gives you a percentage. I have a .gif file that is supposedly the whole map and I've compared it to mine. The thing is, I'm at 99.3%, and the last time I found a new secret room that overall percentage went up .1% so I don't think I'm just missing rooms. Also despite going from like 70% to 90% of souls that overall percentage didn't increase at all.

yeah the game is really fun, until you finish everything. even though there is some nice replay value, they need to add more to keep things going

Xeero said:
yeah the game is really fun, until you finish everything. even though there is some nice replay value, they need to add more to keep things going

Yeah I felt like the game was a tad short, however, I realize that the pressure to make games longer can lead to dev.'s adding in crap just to make the game feel fuller. So I figure, for $35. the 15 or so hours I've put into it has been worth it. And who knows, in a year or so I may be inclined to just play it all the way through again for the fun of it.

I'm pretty sure I had 100% at the end of my first play through. I got the chaos ring, all the secret (breakable wall) areas, 100% of souls (obviously,) all the hidden Konami secrets (like the bell, crown, and Konami man,) etc. I'm nearly done with my second round now. (I have some pretty fancy weapons now too, (I didn't want to use my boss souls the first time through.))

Did you go into those numbered doors?

Did you get the secret Konami things? (I don't know if this has an effect on the % though.)

Did you fly around with the bat to fill in all the ceilings and things like that?

I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

J3RK said:
I'm pretty sure I had 100% at the end of my first play through. I got the chaos ring, all the secret (breakable wall) areas, 100% of souls (obviously,) all the hidden Konami secrets (like the bell, crown, and Konami man,) etc. I'm nearly done with my second round now. (I have some pretty fancy weapons now too, (I didn't want to use my boss souls the first time through.))

Did you go into those numbered doors?

Did you get the secret Konami things? (I don't know if this has an effect on the % though.)

Did you fly around with the bat to fill in all the ceilings and things like that?

I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

I've got the bell, will look up how to get the konami man and crown. Working on getting all the souls, only need a few now. My weapons are pretty good, attack around 100, but haven't used any boss souls.

Man, I should stop reading this thread. Castlevania is my brother's game, and as such I don't get to play it as much... and as such, I haven't gotten to finish it yet :p

For xmas I got 8 games on various platforms, and Dawn of Sorrow has definitely gotten the most play time.

Back