Cases with multiple USB 3.0 cables - How to connect them all?

Askeptic

n00b
Hello,

I have the Lian Li PC 011D XL case which comes with (4) USB 3.0 ports on the front panel requiring two USB 3.0 cables to be connected to motherboard headers. My motherboard only has a single USB 3.0 header port.

Does such device exist that would allow me to connect both USB3.0 cables up to a single header and still allow all (4) ports to work simultaneously? I was hoping to find some sort of internal USB 3.0 hub that can leech SATA power to work. Something I could tuck away and that doesn't use a PCI slot so that the build remains clean.

Unfortunately I am having issues finding anything at all so it is looking like I will only be able to connect one of the USB 3.0 blocks on the front panel. Any suggestions would be very helpful! Thanks!!

The only one I ever see talked about is this Sabrent model, however it seems really difficult to get your hands on.

https://www.sabrent.com/product/HB-INTR/5-port-internal-usb-3-0-hub-controller/
Thanks! Ya, that would of been absolutely perfect, but like you said, impossible to find. Thanks for sharing!

If your motherboard also has a usb 3.2 jack, then they make adapter cables for 3.2 to 3.0 headers.

Like this https://www.amazon.com/Front-Panel-...=usb+3.0+to+3.2+adapter&qid=1609187473&sr=8-4

Also at the cost of speed there are usb 2 header to USB 3.0 front panel adapters.

Thanks! It didn't even occur to me that I could step down to USB 2.0 internally with the only sacrifice being speed. This is my only option because I plan to use the one and only USB 3.2 header for a front panel type-c already.

I ended up ordering the NZXT USB 2.0 internal hub (because I needed more USB 2.0 headers) and then picking up the USB 3 header to USB 2 header like you mention above. My ports won't be true USB 3.0 speed, but at least I can connect things to them and have them work. The NZXT hub will allow me to have the front ports, Kraken Z73 and Lian Li RGB fans all connected now. I went with the NZXT hub vs some cheaper ones without a PCB housing only because it has SATA power rather than leeching all power from the USB port. Just want to make sure my connected devices have no issues requiring more power to operate correctly.

Thanks again!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back