Cases at Directron-$19 Cheiftec/Antec style design

Silentbob343

[H]ard|Gawd
Directron - Cheiftec Midtower (older) - w / custom paint- $19.99 w $14? shipping

For the right person these cases will be a steal

Cheiftec/Antec style design - its a bit older but I expect any decent builder
can work around any shortcomings (80mm fan openings, psu at the top, etc. )
Might be great for modding?

Red and blue available.
Blue may be available in aluminum or it may be an error in the listing.

Shipping was $13-15 to me in SC Very Reasonable from Houston TX.

Red AHead CaseArts Matrix MX-01 Mid-Tower Steel Case
http://www.directron.com/csartsb75.html

Blue AHead CaseArts Matrix MX-01 Mid-Tower Steel Case
http://www.directron.com/csartsb5.html

Blue CaseArts Matrix MX-01 Mid-Tower Steel Case
http://www.directron.com/csartsa1000.html

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Not bad. My older rig still is this generic kinda case. Decent for mods too

more or less
antec4.jpg

I've always been a fan of Chieftec cases they are built like a Abrams tank. However, I couldn't get myself to buy this even if I need a case... that paint is just FUGLY!!!!!!!!

I remember when everybody and their mother had that style case, lol. I had 3 of them for a while...

I have 2 of these style of cases. One is doing server duty in the closet and the other is a standby in the garage. Simple, straight forward, and built like a tank as stated previously. Warning though, I am not sure (as I can't find it on the deal) if these have front headers for sound, usb, etc. like most modern cases. The ones I have don't so just an FYI.

I'm using a Chieftec clone right now. 120mm exhaust though. Lowered the rails and power supply and had a triple rad up top at one point. I seriously don't need the thing, but I can't help but want to order one.

I still have two of those antec cases, one is an old alienware model in my garage, and one I just brought into work and upgraded as my new work PC, it's HUGE on my desk at work haha.

almost ten years ago i purchased my chieftec/antec case just like the OP listed and I am using it right now for my I5 rig. It truly is built like a tank. i may have even bought it from directron. good deal

Do the 5.25" bays have those ledges in them that keep drives from falling if you were to just insert it and let it go? Or are the interior sides flat with just the mounting holes in them?

Im still using the same I bought in 2004. My brother still has his antec as well but I have a question for you guys. I dont own any sata drives right now but will obviously being using them in my next build..do you think its worth getting a more modern case that are optimized to hold sata drives and has the PSU at the bottom?

Im still using the same I bought in 2004. My brother still has his antec as well but I have a question for you guys. I dont own any sata drives right now but will obviously being using them in my next build..do you think its worth getting a more modern case that are optimized to hold sata drives and has the PSU at the bottom?
no.

still have an antec version running an nf-7 & axp system in my garage. bad ass back in the day!

There is not such a thing as "Optimized to hold SATA drives". SATA drives are the same as IDE, just different connectors on the back which has nothing to do with how they mount.

Funny thing is. I just pulled out one of these Antec SOHO II Performance cases (Aluminum) to put my 10TB Nasbox in. When I pulled it out, I thought to myself, "Man... this case is still as tough as day one and could still work for pretty much any build. They are simple, durable, and versatile cases."

I had another one that I worked on modding a few years ago but scrapped the project and trashed the case.

For $19.99, these cases are great to have around for even just testing cases.

Great case with an amazing amount of room inside. I've still got two of these in beige, one doing garage duty and the other out there to keep it company. Can't bear the idea of getting rid of them. Picked up a couple Silverstone USB panels for the 3.5" bay and some quiet Nexus 80mm fans and they're quite serviceable.

I'd be all over it for an old school gaming rig.. prob is i dont want those tiny fans weak loud fans and want 120mm fans. What other cases out there are just like this but have the 120mm fan cut outs?

I'd be all over it for an old school gaming rig.. prob is i dont want those tiny fans weak loud fans and want 120mm fans. What other cases out there are just like this but have the 120mm fan cut outs?

You and a dremel may have a date?

This says it will fit 12"x13" mobos?

thats E-ATX, or Extended-ATX. it will also fit normal ATX and mATX just fine. i think ill get one for my roommate since im making a cheap build for him and looks dont matter. :)

The Ultra Aluminus is the same build type as the old chieftec/antec cases, but is aluminum with 120mm fans in the front and back.

The Ultra Aluminus is the same build type as the old chieftec/antec cases, but is aluminum with 120mm fans in the front and back.

hehe.. Yeah i have that one already! doh.. I forgot about it.. its just sitting here on the floor collecting dust with an old Abit BE6-2 motherboard and 1GHZ Intel P3 Slot 1 in her.

I actually hate that case cause of the plexy glass side door as it has a cut out for only a 80mm fan and another vent below that. I need to replace that side panel one of these days. Winter i usually get the itch for some old school gaming.. Always happend on that first snow fall for me every year. :)

Back