Caselabs SM-8 Modded.

The un-named Caselabs modified is somewhat complete. I'm sure I'll think of more things to do to it. But it's done enough to charge admission to open the case door for viewing. I did this mod because I wanted my graphics cards oriented vertically. I wanted my cabling on top so I can access it without climbing all around the back, laying on the floor, and screwing around. I utilized most of the parts in this build from a Corsair 650D case that I just wasn't that happy with. This case is very close in size to the 650D but inside is a whole lot more room and because I built a custom mid panel I was able to use the space to my exact preferences. I installed quick disconnects so that the motherboard tray will come out without draining the loop. It took 2 1/3 bottles of Primochill clear fluid to fill the loop. All fans direct air in except the top fan. Hot air is forced in its natural direction, up. I installed resistors on the fans to control the speeds and noise. This system is quiet. My temps are @ 37 degrees at idol with a stable 4.2GHz overclock on the CPU. The EVGA 680's in game, overclocked, get up to 65 degrees. It took a little over a week for me to build this rig and quite frankly I don't want to do it again. It was a lot of work. Enjoy the pictures.

DSCN0612_zps06433105.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0610_zps9bffb685.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0609_zps67f13349.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0616_zpscb80d78e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0603_zps084f9ca0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0599_zps0d07d20f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0598_zps4afcaa61.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0626_zps0b5429a0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0629_zps693ddbe6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0620_zps18e29ff1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0636_zpsd9b24bbb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Good looking machine. I love the tubes and the lighting - subtle but striking.

This is an awesome mod. The metal tubing for the fluid to transfer through instead of rubber makes this look amazing. Also those are the biggest radiators I have ever seen. Again Awesome mod here.

What kind of rads are those? I know they are 360s, but they do seem extremely thicker than norm.

They look like AlphaCool Monsta rads (only know that because I've been researching the 120mm version for a build I'm planning).
Incredible mod OP, I love the complete lack of flexible tubing, it all looks very utilitarian and very well laid out!

wow....this is the first time I've actually appreciated a non-upright motherboard layout. it's always looked like a "because I can" gimmick to me, but the layout of that looks fantastic!

interesting theres not another row of fans between the rads. looks clean

interesting theres not another row of fans between the rads. looks clean

Trying to sandwich fans in that way is a pain in the arse. And with the amount of cooling he's already got in the system, probably not necessary.

And yeah. That layout with those huge rads is SEXAH!

Nice build!

Sweet looking build! Love the clean look and tube routing. Nice job. :)

Have you linked your mod to caselabs? I would love to see this retail for my next build. Im running a raven 3 right now because of the vertical board orientation.

Back