case thermals on a cheeep case

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
I built my new computer in a Rosewill FBM-01. cable management did not exist on this case so I have gotten it 'tidy'.. But it is actually a pretty nice non windowed case. Also the most inexpensive case that is actually available however that is not why I chose it

The GTX 1070 G1 gaming I have fit without any problem and I can keep the card below 70*, and the CPU under load does not get hot at all.

that said, under load I can feel heat radiating out of the side vent.. I know that side fans have really not been a thing in years. But I can fit an 80mm in the side vent as an exhaust if it will make much of a difference

should I add the fan, or live with it? I have a 3600 on the way but it will be cooled by a 2600x Spire cooler, and probably no PBO or other overclocking.

under load I can feel heat radiating out of the side vent..

If the current case airflow is blowing hot air out of the side vent, a fan adding to the hot air being exhausted would be a good thing.

Would I use a lower cfm can or a higher one? The case has a 120 rosewill intake and 80mm exhaust fan out of the box. I guess the Psu fan counts as exhaust as well

The 120mm intake is supplying the cool air to the case, but the rosewill fan is not a great fan. A better intake fan would push more air through the case and so more air OUT of the case.

Of course the Noctua fan I would get to swap in costs roughly the same as your case- with fans.

Adding a side 80mm exaust will be a +, but it will be a smaller + than a stout 120mm intake would be.

I do have a couple new Fractal 120mm's which have to be better than the Rosewill

Back