Case that can fit a 3 x 120mm Radiator inside?

prasvt

Gawd
Hey guys,

So my Thermaltake Aguila case (mid tower) is way too full of hardware right now:

GTX 260 Core 216 (long as hell)
3 SATA hdd
2 SATA optical drives
x-fi pci card
wifi pci card
swiftech micro-res
swiftech 655b pump
various fans for cooling
watercooling tubes (just the q6700 cooled right now)

I'd like to get a full tower case (ala Antec 1200/Thermaltake Armor/Cosmos/Stacker 830) that has alot more room in it ..mostly for air flow and space for cable management. The radiator right now is is mounted on the back of the case...like so:

external.jpg

Do any of these or other full tower cases have space for a 3x120mm rad inside somewhere? Or is that just too big?

I had to drill 2 holes in the current case to run the in/out tubing to the rad and use the radbox accessory to mount the rad on the back of the case.

I'm willing to spend ...max $200 on a case (hopefully less, since I'll need to get more water cooling stuff...and maybe a new modular psu for better cable management).

So if you guys could suggest some cases that'd be great. Thanks!

I use the stacker 832, basically a variation of the 830 series. The bottom of the case is already capable of mounting a 120.2 radiator, if you are willing to cut it then it can house a 120.3 at the bottom.

I reversed the motherboard tray so the processor was closer to the bottom and it made for less tubing as well.

If you want a case that doesn't require any modding to house a 120.3, I believe the cosmos S can have the radiator mound at the top.

Wow you're right..the cosmos s does have space for a triple rad up top...hmmm

I just purchased this Mountain Mods case.

They cost more than you want to spend, but they seem to be very wc friendly.

But yeah, for the 200 price range, I dont think the Cosmos S is beatable for 3x120 rads.

Keep this is mind when selecting a rad for the Cosmos S...

From Overclock3D.net:

Compatible:
HWLabs BlackIce GT Stealth III
HWLabs BlackIce GT Xtreme III
HWLabs BlackIce Pro III
HWLabs BlackIce GT
Watercool HTSF 360
XSPC RS360
XSPC R120-T
Aquacomputer Airplex Evo
Aquacomputer Airplex Pro
Alphacool NexXxoS Pro III
Magicool Aluminium 360
Magicool Xtreme 360 Radiator
Magicool Slim 360 Radiator

Not Compatible:
Thermochill PA120.3
Swiftech MCR320 QP 360

Of course, that's assuming that no modding would be done.

Back