case similar to Lian Li PC-A70B?

polonyc2

Fully [H]
I've always been a fan of Lian-Li cases (full towers)....great airflow with multiple fan options including top fans, very easy to work with, all aluminum quality and I love their simplistic design...do they even still make cases?...any ones similar to my current PC-A70B out there? (must be full tower)

That is a really old design and cases have changed a lot in the past 10 or so years.

Bigger fans, simplified interiors and fewer 5.25" drive bays (often zero)

If you need help choosing a case, describe your needs and expectations and I'm sure you will get many suggestions but we are several generations beyond that old thing :)

Personnally, I've been considering another tower case:

Phanteks Evolve X (releases in 2 weeks)
Cougar Panzer Max
Fractal Design Meshify C
Coolermaster Cosmos 700m (no release date)

The worst trend in modern cases is that intake fans are choked off behind a tempered glass fascia to make a pretty RGB light show while your CPU overheats....

That is a really old design and cases have changed a lot in the past 10 or so years.

Bigger fans, simplified interiors and fewer 5.25" drive bays (often zero)

If you need help choosing a case, describe your needs and expectations and I'm sure you will get many suggestions but we are several generations beyond that old thing :)

Personnally, I've been considering another tower case:

Phanteks Evolve X (releases in 2 weeks)
Cougar Panzer Max
Fractal Design Meshify C
Coolermaster Cosmos 700m (no release date)

The worst trend in modern cases is that intake fans are choked off behind a tempered glass fascia to make a pretty RGB light show while your CPU overheats....

I don't like the trend toward blinged out cases with lots of flashing lights and open windows...I want a closed case, preferably black brushed aluminum with good cooling, no neon lights on the outside, preferably full tower...they are really moving away from 5.25" drive bays?...why?...people prefer external DVD-RW drives?...I also have a fan controller that sits in one of those bays...

I don't like the trend toward blinged out cases with lots of flashing lights and open windows...I want a closed case, preferably black brushed aluminum with good cooling, no neon lights on the outside, preferably full tower...they are really moving away from 5.25" drive bays?...why?...people prefer external DVD-RW drives?...I also have a fan controller that sits in one of those bays...

It's hard to find aluminum cases these days, most companies are using steel and tempered glass.

Caselabs was a company that made all aluminum cases, but they just went under.

Lian Li still makes some, I think, but you'd have to look through their website. Their offerings always seem haphazard.

Jonesbo and I think Raijintek might also have aluminum cases and you can still find some super premium cases in that material.

If you just want a functional case with some bays and no lights, they exist, you just have to look a little.

Thermaltake, Silverstone, Fractal Design, Phanteks and NZXT all make cases that might work for you.

The Fractal Design R6 is an understated, well layed out, modern case with tons of modern features and no RGB - and it has 1 bay.

Most modern motherboards have enough PWM headers for an air cooled system - I have 6 Noctua fans all controlled by my mATX board.

If you need more than that, there internal controllers that don't require a drive bay - but if you just like to turn the knobs, then I guess that won't work for you....

People prefer no optical drives and PWM fans. There's little use for 5.25" bays these days. Few need more than a couple 3.5" bays either.

why?...is it a cost issue?

Not sure it's a cost issue, it's just that styles and tastes have changed - just like tail fins and white walls came and went.

There is a lot of variety in the market and certainly something for everyone.

I like the Hardware Canucks youtube channel as they regularly do ~10 minute reviews of cases and are not shy about pointing out issues. They have a pretty deep back library of case reviews,

https://www.youtube.com/user/HardwareCanucks

that's definitely close...only issue with that is I don't like front panel doors...it'll mess with the front intake fans and is not optimal for air flow coming inside the case...
the a75 doesn't have the door but is out of stock. the door is also removable...

I love my Lian Li V2000, but recently decided to upgrade the case and my system after about 4 years. (Been using the case since they came out however) It's similar to yours somewhat but is an older case. It is a full tower. And may be hard to find nowadays unless on Ebay or such.
In my case, (No pun intended) i decided to go with the LL PC-07SX case for my new build, which IS great looking imho but expensive. Have to splurge sometimes though :)

Way back when I had a Lian Li PC-G70 I wish I still had it, I miss it. Had several systems in it, looked sort of like the one you're looking for but no venting in the middle and it was a massive full tower.

Back