Case Reset Button, no workie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it work if you short the pins with a screwdriver?
Some BIOSes let you disable that feature.

And it could be broken. DOH!

Last edited:
Dies it work if you short the pins with a screwdriver?

Gawwd let's hope it isn't broken. All brand new equipment-- for once I just wish it would all work. I can test the case with my meter and I'll check the BIOS.

Reset pins don't make a difference what way they are attached. All you do is complete a circuit by pushing the button. I would guess the switch in the case is bad.

Does it work if you short the pins with a screwdriver?

I just checked the BIOS. No settings except a soft off setting with either instant or 4 seconds. Hmmm. I'll short it today and see if that does it. if so, then the case has a bad switch. I'm sure Corsair will fix it, after I send them the case at my expense and wait two years for them to send it back. Case and MB warranties are so worthless for that reason.

I just checked the BIOS. No settings except a soft off setting with either instant or 4 seconds. Hmmm. I'll short it today and see if that does it. if so, then the case has a bad switch. I'm sure Corsair will fix it, after I send them the case at my expense and wait two years for them to send it back. Case and MB warranties are so worthless for that reason.

Maybe they'll just send you the part you need. Corsair's website is pretty good about the individual parts for cases. It might be the whole switch assembly, but they usually have the parts.

Could be bad wires or connector. Try testing continuity at the switch itself to see.

I've done an RMA for case related items twice with Corsair and they sent me the parts right away.
Needed a new power button for my Air 740, they accidentally sent me the I/O panel and then sent me the Power switch.
I did an RMA just last week for a 465X that had a faulty USB port on the front I/O and they sent that out really quick. Did the RMA on Saturday, Monday it was approved and Tuesday the part was sent out and I got it Friday.

They didn't request the parts back so I have now have spare I/O, just with one faulty USB3 port
IMG_5918.JPG

There's a part of me that wants to ask if the reset button is next to the turbo paddle button.

I've done an RMA for case related items twice with Corsair and they sent me the parts right away.
Needed a new power button for my Air 740, they accidentally sent me the I/O panel and then sent me the Power switch.
I did an RMA just last week for a 465X that had a faulty USB port on the front I/O and they sent that out really quick. Did the RMA on Saturday, Monday it was approved and Tuesday the part was sent out and I got it Friday.
Well, that's good to hear for sure! Maybe they'll accidentally send me out a new case. lol

Could be bad wires or connector. Try testing continuity at the switch itself to see.
Naw, decided not to trouble shoot it for COrsair. I'll jump the MB header and is that works, then it's the case.

Reactions: Azrak
like this
Fixed! I'm blaming this one on my eyes. The header is right up against the chassis speaker header, and I had it pinned into that.

If any of you wear progressive lenses, you know how hard it is to see at an angle.

I actually plugged it in again wrong because I could not see the first pin well enough to miss it, and use the two pins I needed. Works perfectly now.

Fixed! I'm blaming this one on my eyes. The header is right up against the chassis speaker header, and I had it pinned into that.

If any of you wear progressive lenses, you know how hard it is to see at an angle.

I actually plugged it in again wrong because I could not see the first pin well enough to miss it, and use the two pins I needed. Works perfectly now.

I have to take my glasses off completely when working on the inside of my case, I do not have progressives anymore because it killed my neck but I need them. I now us a clip on 2x magnifier setup I found, basically reading glass clip ons. Either way though I can not see when to plug those little bits in with my glasses on so I need to take them off, and so yes I have plugged those wires into the wrong pins on occassion. Glad you figured it out. And I am jealous you get a reset button on your case, I have a Crystal 570x and it does not have one.

I have to take my glasses off completely when working on the inside of my case, I do not have progressives anymore because it killed my neck but I need them. I now us a clip on 2x magnifier setup I found, basically reading glass clip ons. Either way though I can not see when to plug those little bits in with my glasses on so I need to take them off, and so yes I have plugged those wires into the wrong pins on occassion. Glad you figured it out. And I am jealous you get a reset button on your case, I have a Crystal 570x and it does not have one.

A mechanic friend of mine years and years ago used a little head set that had little round magnifying glasses on them. What exactly are you using so you can see small detail jobs? I'd like to get some.

Yeah, when I was assembling the case, I couldn't believe it had a reset button. I haven't seen one in years, and really, they are pretty useless. But, if it's there, it's gotta work. It doesn't have a hard drive LED activity light though. That's one thing I do miss. I'm relaly ahppy with this case. It's damn well designed, thick and strudy feeling, and has an magnificient matte paint job that feels thick and very quality-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back