Case Modder Wanted!!

alkoholik

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi All

I have a little proposal for anyone out there that is interested. I had 2 computers at home - a gaming PC and a multimedia PC. I have since upgraded my gaming PC (basically rebuilt it) and with all the old parts I combined it with my multimedia PC.

It took me about 2 weeks to put my new rig together - hiding wires, fine tuning and everything and I am worn out. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in putting together my older multimedia PC with my old gamer PC parts. If you wanted to meet up or something or have me mail it to you - whatever works best. I just dont have the time to put the PC together. Also, if you wanted to go with a water cooler solution I would pay for that as well.

The system currently has
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ S754
ASUS K8V
Antec Truepower 430W
768 MB RAM PC2700
ATI AIW 9600
(2) 160GB WD 7200rpm IDE HDDs
Plextor 16x DVD+/- IDE
Plextor 52x Premium CD+/-RW IDE
SB Live! Audigy 2 Platinum
Add on card(s) 3 port firewire, 4 port USB

I am currently selling my AIW 9600 on ebay along with the SB Live stuff and going to put in from my gamer PC an ATI 9800xt, Rage Theater 550 and a chaintech sound card.

The biggest problem I am having is that all these devices are IDE so the cables are long and bulky (I have rounded cables) and the PSU is just a mess with all the wires that hiding them all is becoming a chore. So if you are interested in doing this either respond to this threat or send me a PM.

Thanks
Joe

Also forgot to include that it has a full Antec tower similar to the old alienware cases. I'm at work now so I dont have the model number but I can post it when I get home. I also can post some pictures when I get home as well.

Thanks!!

XteriorMotive said:
i would be interested in doing this except i live i australia

I would prefer for someone to be a little more local. I live in NY.

Ship it??
I would be will to 'assemble' your gear - NO CHARGE... but I am located in Central Florida..
IM or Email me if interested.

uhh im in south carolina, ill do it, you pay shipping.......should be about 30 bucks each way 2-3 day priority

up to you tho

soulsaver

soulsaver_8229 said:
uhh im in south carolina, ill do it, you pay shipping.......should be about 30 bucks each way 2-3 day priority

up to you tho

soulsaver

It'll probably cheaper then that. I shipped 4 tires/rims out via FedEx last month and it only cost me $75....hmmm that was one way tho...nevermind lol......let me see if anyone else that lives closer will do it, if not, then you may be the man

Where in New York? I am in southwestern. Might be interested, not sure whats in it for the modder though.

atom said:
Where in New York? I am in southwestern. Might be interested, not sure whats in it for the modder though.

I live on long island. As for the modder......how about the joys of helping out a friend? lol....i dunno

Wait a bit .. someone will soon pop up .. hit the Rate my cables thread .. you'd find someone there who's got good experience with setting it all up.

Or just wait a bit. Don't go with the first person, your stuff might end up "lost"

I would do it, but I'm too damm busy and I live in Canada. New Brunswick, not that far but taxes are a pain in the ass.

kynaccrue said:
i live in bayside NY i could do it depending on what you want done.

Nothing too crazy...just hide the wires and maybe add some lights

I am going to state the obvious....I would try to find someone local, cause I know most of the people here are honest, but they are strangers (would you trust a stranger?) and it would suck to mail it to someone and never get it back. Good luck finding someone.

I can't understand why you dont have an hour or two to do some general wire cleanup and you'd rather pay someone. It makes no sense.

Qtip42 said:
I can't understand why you dont have an hour or two to do some general wire cleanup and you'd rather pay someone. It makes no sense.

I am a federal air traffic controller and I work 48+ hours a week. I just got done building a new rig for myself and for a friend. I am just worn out. Is that ok??

Or just wait a bit. Don't go with the first person said:
yeah i bought a mobo and ram from indianaplois and i think it may have been lost cus its been 8 weeks of a suposed 4-6 weeks of delivery

alkoholik said:
I am a federal air traffic controller and I work 48+ hours a week. I just got done building a new rig for myself and for a friend. I am just worn out. Is that ok??
That's it?? average week at work for me is around 80+hours, and I'm an Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, and I can still find 4-5 hours a day to work on my mods.

Sheldron said:
That's it?? average week at work for me is around 80+hours, and I'm an Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, and I can still find 4-5 hours a day to work on my mods.

Yeah but if you screw something up at work can you kill 800 people?

alkoholik said:
Yeah but if you screw something up at work can you kill 800 people?
just a couple thousand military members and disaster victims. We package MRE's

Back