Case fans will not spin at full speed.

FireBean

Gawd
I have 3 YL 120 HL's on a 360 rad. They have a direct power source that is getting a full 12v but they do not spin at full speed anymore Sure, they're quite, but I need some airflow. They started doing this after I hooked up a fan controller and the mosfet/transistor or what ever that thing was call blew because it could not handle that much current. Now, they spin at very slow speeds. Looks like about 600rpm. It's barely enough to push air through the rad. What happened and how can I fixed this?

is it possible for you to attach a volt meter while your fans are spinning? they might not be receiving 12v when they are spinning.

Also, is it possible for you to attach the fans to a different power source just to see if its the fans or if its the power source? To me it sounds like the power source but better to test everything then to assume

they are directly connected to the PSU via molex. This is the same molex that is powering my 655 pump at full speed as well. I took one of the fans apart (that no longs spins at all now) and I see no physical damage. What in the world happened?

I can upload pictures if that will help.

Back