Case fans stay on when computer is on Standby.....

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
Any way to fix this?

It's done this since I built it and it bothers me.

Mines doing the same thing and its bugging me silly. It worked fine about a week ago then all of a sudden started keeping the fans and lights on but everything else off. I haven't changed a thing lately.

Under the BIOS power settings.
Make sure ACPI is enabled with the correct drivers and that the Suspend To mode is set to S3.

Under the BIOS power settings.
Make sure ACPI is enabled with the correct drivers and that the Suspend To mode is set to S3.

That did the trick.

It was set to "S1 & S3" mode.

The only weird thing is that it doesn't wake from the mouse, only the power button.

I know simple things please simple minds, but thats well cool, its like my computer dies!

That did the trick.

It was set to "S1 & S3" mode.

The only weird thing is that it doesn't wake from the mouse, only the power button.

Under the boot menu in the BIOS, there should be an ACPM (sp?) menu that left you choose how to boot your computer. Not sure if it works for USB mouse, but if you use a PS/2 keyboard, you can make the computer boot with a simple spacebar keystroke.

Under the boot menu in the BIOS, there should be an ACPM (sp?) menu that left you choose how to boot your computer. Not sure if it works for USB mouse, but if you use a PS/2 keyboard, you can make the computer boot with a simple spacebar keystroke.

Keyboard and mouse are USB, but I'll try that out.

Back