Case fans are getting expensive

Good quality case fans have always been rather expensive. Start adding things like LEDs, RGB LEDs, addressable RGB LEDs, controllers, hubs, etc and the price ramps up even more. If you forgo the bells and whistles you can get equivalent fans for less than $20 a pop.

I just bought the HD120 RGB 3 pack and I had a hard time pulling the trigger on that $75 purchase, took me 3 weeks or so to finally press the purchase button, lol.

what isn't getting stupid expensive in this hobby nowadays?

finding quality non RGB infested parts is becoming more difficult. you can find workstation mobo's, but you lose out on OCing capabilities for example

what isn't getting stupid expensive in this hobby nowadays?

finding quality non RGB infested parts is becoming more difficult. you can find workstation mobo's, but you lose out on OCing capabilities for example

this is one of the main reasons why I started to buy only TUF Sabertooth mobos from ASUS since X58... high overclocking capabilities, server grade stability and no fancy color, lights.. nowadays TUF were downgraded to entry level motherboards even without the armor and downgraded overclocking capabilities in comparison to ROG series..

however as being expensive, I think still today the PC hobby it's by far cheaper than other activities and it still cheaper to build a machine that can cause a big "WOW" effect because most gaming cases nowadays are designed for that specifically, in the past people had to build very expensive customized cases or build their own, etc.

Let's not forget, RGB makes it go faster!!

In all serious though, finding high-performance components that aren't crazy colours or full of "gaming" logos is hard.

Back