CAS 9 vs 10, 32GB kit, difference??

einer2060

Limp Gawd
Is there a difference if i will take CAS 10, 32GB 4x8 kit corsair vengance, compared to 16GB kit that is CAS 9 ?
I mean CAS 9 to 10 difference.

Asus P8Z77-V with 3570K later 3770K. The ram speed is 1600MHz. GPU SLI GTX 670 FTW. But all that should not matter.

You'll see no real world difference. What do you need 32GB of RAM for anyway?

Thought so, thanks!

I am now at 6GB and at buying was thinking i will upgrade if needed, but never ugraded, but had to less ram for photoshop and even some torrent with some firefox opened tabs was all together ram taking.
So this time arround i don't want to go the safe 16GB route but all in 32GB. Its 85 euro vs. 170 eur.

You're not running any VMs so won't get anywhere near 16GB. Photoshop, FF and a game all open at the same time don't take up 16GB. Just go with 2x8GB now and if you ever need more in the future then get another 2x8GB kit.

I'd agree, I went with a 16gb kit on my new rig up from 4gb and I can't see myself running low without a concerted effort - nothing any remotely normal user is going to do is going to tax 16gb.

I was more interested in a 1.5v kit than CAS latency personally - less heat & power draw.

No difference really like these guys that raced ahead of me said. Negligable differences in specific memory benchmarks maybe but overall not really. Now the old days, with a nice Opteron or Athlon 64 and some Mushkin BH-5 Cas 2 yeah that would show some major improvements over Cas 3.

Back