Carrying cases - backpack style

jmahler

Limp Gawd
So I have this over-the-shoulder type of case right now for my emachines 6805, but I really want to get a backpack style carrier.

Anyone own one?

I am getting over 100 dollars in bestbuy rewards, as well as 250 dollars in rebates from the laptop. do they have anything good? anyone have any links to anything they like? Thanks!

I just got the Kensington Saddle Bag. Link below

http://www.kensington.com/html/3208.html

It is a decent bag. I really like the look. The dept is only 8 in so it doesn't protrude outward too much. I have the M6805 and the laptop fit completely inside the padded compartment. The backpack also fit 17 in notebook. The thing I like is it stands upright on its own so the weight from other stuff is directed downward as oppose to being on the laptop. You can put in two college textbooks (different compartment), but that means there won't be any room for the apapter. You can wiggle them in but it will be tight. I haven't got a chance to use it for a extended period of time so I can't tell the tension on the shoulder.

Now to the features I don't like. The handle is not situated at the top but instead on the back. It is hidden behind/under the shoulder straps which make it awkward to carry by hand. However the location of the handle was replaced with a little pouch that could fit an Ipod and smaller. Opposite the laptop compartment are pouches for accessories. They are only big enough for a external floppy or a cd-rom. Because these pouches are at this place which can get in the way when sliding a book or folder in and out. There are two pouches near the bottom that kind of wrap around your waist. However they don't have a zipper so anything put there will likely to fall out. Other than that there is nothing else to it.

can you provide a link to the over the shoulder pack you have now? I want one of those for my laptop, but have been unable to find a good one.

Why is it that you dont like the over the shoulder?

Originally posted by lopoetve
www.spireusa.com

Best built bags ever. These things last forever, and have a lifetime warranty.

I've been wanting to pick up a Volt XL for a while, but I don't know if I can justify dropping $140 on a backpack =P..

How much room are in those bags? Enough for a binder or two and some textbooks?

Originally posted by firegate
I've been wanting to pick up a Volt XL for a while, but I don't know if I can justify dropping $140 on a backpack =P..

$140 that lasts 5-6 years, or $40 every year... :p

The bag is the best built I have EVER seen.

I have had my Kensington Saddle Bag for some timenow and they come with a life time warrenty as well. But mine is not the sport model its the original looks like a saddle bag and has back pack straps hidding in the back. I have never used the straps but this bag has gone through atleast 5 laptops. Kensington happy replaced it to when I found the original at a yard sale and bought it, called them and got this one for free ^-^

I have a Jansport thats really nice. Its just like a normal backpack but it has a padded area for the laptop. It fell of the table once hit my leg when I was catching it and then fell to the floor no damage. I'll never go back to a normal laptop case.

Adam

Samsonite makes pretty good stuff too. I bought one of their shoulder bags w/ wheels. Takes a lot of abuse. Tons of space. Put three laptops plus work documents in there one time. Heavy as hell, but that's what the wheels are for.

Back