Carrying a large case to a LAN party, suggestions?

cc2096

[H]ard|Gawd
As the title says I have a rather large (check that, FRIGGIN HUGE) case that I need to transport to a LAN this coming weekend. It's a Thermaltake Armor (the one in my sig). Does anyone know of a carry strap or case system that will fit this behemoth? I looked at the Xbags CTSSL and it looks like it would work, but it's sold out everywhere. I also looked at the Sunbeam strap system, but I am not sure about the dimesions on that one. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks! :D

Actually have one of those from my old system. It didn't fit the Armor :( .

Find an old suitcase and take the handle off. Drill some holes in the top of your case and bolt the handle on.

That is actually a really good idea. I may just have to got that route. Thanks Notherner! :D

Wow talk about grave digging for posts.... :rolleyes:

I no longer have the Armor, or the SFF, I now have a Gigabyte Aurora which I love, and is easily carryable with a standard geargrip.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane :D

lol, no grave digging, i just had this post in my saved file and its still a good
piece of equipment for those looking for something different! ;)

Mayhs said:

*sigh* The OP made a thread about lugging a huge-assed case to a LAN party about 5 months ago. Today, he has a signature that indicates he's a member of the "SFF" club (small form-factor). I thought it was funny, or at least ironic.

insanarchist said:
*sigh* The OP made a thread about lugging a huge-assed case to a LAN party about 5 months ago. Today, he has a signature that indicates he's a member of the "SFF" club (small form-factor). I thought it was funny, or at least ironic.

lool ok i get it now...i just didnt comprehend the abbreviation

Get the lan to come to you.

or strap some wheels to your case.

Bbq said:
Get the lan to come to you.

or strap some wheels to your case.

ooooorrrrr.. buy a yeong yang... they come with wheels... :D

Picture018.jpg

look ma, no drives!!!!

Picture023.jpg

opps.. there they are.. :D

thore

The last time I went to a LAN I used a shopping cart (such as the one you would use at Wal-Mart). Note that I didn't take it from the store...it was sitting around on campus :). It worked very well, though.

If you have a nice paint job (i.e. mirror finish) you may want to be careful about using a dolly or 2-wheeled cart. Put a towel where the computer makes contact with the metal of the dolly/whatever to help reduce scratches.

I still love the shopping cart though. You can fit everything inside it (keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc) and move everything in one trip. You also don't break your back :).

honestly though unless you are carrying the sob across town, what is the big deal about carrying it? it may be heavy but you likely wont even be carrying it for more than 20 minutes for the whole thing...

If I can lug my Chair, rig and 19" crt up 3 flights of stair once a month to go to the local lan party I'm sure you can manage it without some elaborate device to do it for you.

DarkenReaper57 said:
The last time I went to a LAN I used a shopping cart (such as the one you would use at Wal-Mart). Note that I didn't take it from the store...it was sitting around on campus :). It worked very well, though.

If you have a nice paint job (i.e. mirror finish) you may want to be careful about using a dolly or 2-wheeled cart. Put a towel where the computer makes contact with the metal of the dolly/whatever to help reduce scratches.

I still love the shopping cart though. You can fit everything inside it (keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc) and move everything in one trip. You also don't break your back :).

Holy crap, you stole some poor bum's house!

My problem is, since I have a 350z, my computer doesn't fit in my car in one trip. The case and monitor will not fit in the trunk (Thermaltake XaserIII, 21" CRT) So, I have to take turns putting them in the passenger seat.

Not so much the weight of the machines as it is the akwardness of handling it while in your arms. You'll have to twist your body so you can see somewhat ahead of your and the steel corners and especially the thumb screws and whatnot on the back of the case can really really dig into your arms. And besides its also faster.

Sounds like someone isn't working out regularly.

I bring cases on a cart. Mine aren't for carrying :p Paint job is too delicate.

Qtip42 said:
Sounds like someone isn't working out regularly.

I bring cases on a cart. Mine aren't for carrying :p Paint job is too delicate.

Yep, same deal here. Sure, I could carry my case and external watercooling unit, but I don't want to destroy the mirror-black finish I worked so hard on for all of those hours :p.

Besides, a cart is faster and can hold more - this means you can game more since you aren't spending as much time moving and such.

I wasn't talkin a grocery cart or anything.........I'm talking pallet truck :D

pm52748y7ef.jpg

I will certainly try to get one of those folding cart things when there's a significant trek to venture through but for my needs right now, from 2nd story bedroom to car parked in street and then from car up a flight of stairs and around some corners, this bag is the answer.

armor_bns_xaserbag.6.jpg

armor_bns_xaserbag.7.jpg

armor_bns_xaserbag.1.jpg

armor_bns_xaserbag.2.jpg

armor_bns_xaserbag.3.jpg

armor_bns_xaserbag.4.jpg

i cant believe im gonna bring this thread out of retirement but its kind of funny.
i ended up selling my cart a year or so ago since i wasnt using it anymore,
but being partially handicapped and finally going to an LCD from my 22" CRT
i need a cart again to lug that thing around so i can park it in another part of my house.
kinda cool they are the same price after a few years time.
have to go to wally world and pick up another one.

sunbeams got a great strap, it fit around a cooler master cm 690, but now i have a cooler master stacker 830, but check it out on xoxide.com i got mine in like 2 or 3 days, all i know is that they delivered fast. or check frozencpu.com

Well since were looking back...

I have since doubled the storage of my TT Armor and use the Super Lanboy as the file server at lans now. WD Green 1TB drives FTW!!!

It was a pain trying to carry my Thermaltake Armor case from my car to my 2nd storey bedroom. But if I had to do it again, then I'd use a small handtruck.

Luckily, I have a 4 door hatch, so it did fit in the cargo room.

Back