Carmageddon being redone....anyone know link to this

sparks

2[H]4U
They are saying that some company has purchased Carmageddon and is redoing it for todays graphics and systems.

anyone know anything about this?

thanks for info
sparks

It's about fucking time! I second the request for a link. I could never get Carmageddon 2 to work in XP. That patch is b.s. and TDR3000 is impossible. Give me a remake of Carmageddon 1 and I'll be happy.

Wasnt there a carmageddon 3000?

It was a POS cmpared to the origional, but it was recent.

I know they're working on a car combat, post-apocolyptic MMORPG called "Auto Assault"... can't say how it relates to Carmageddon, tho.

DermicSavage said:
Wasnt there a carmageddon 3000?

It was a POS cmpared to the origional, but it was recent.
Yeah, Carmageddon TDR3000. It sucked. You ran out of time instantly, and killing a zombie only gave you like 2 seconds.

i played carmageddon 1 and 2 all the time. soooo good. If they do make a next gen carmageddon, which i have heard they are, i hope they put in really advanced physics and a really detailed car creation feature. I want to have the giant screw on the front of my car and i want it to make a god damn hole in the other car when i run into them. that always pissed me off that it was just for looks :p

JonnyK said:
I want to have the giant screw on the front of my car and i want it to make a god damn hole in the other car when i run into them
HAHHAAHHA! Fuck yes. This Carmageddon talk is making me want to drive a car off a building. "I want it to make a god damn hole in the other car". Classic.

You guys said... it's about time. I spent so many hours playing carmageddon. It will be the death of me if the release a ne wupdated version. Score!

Oh man... Carmaggedon was awesome. Remember the police cars? Those things were bad ass!

deathBOB said:
Oh man... Carmaggedon was awesome. Remember the police cars? Those things were bad ass!

Haha... I was so happy the first time I destroyed one. HAHAHAHAHAH! *Evil Laugh* ;)

I remember back in the day when they released the timed demo for Carmageddon. It was all we had, and like 5 of us would take turns playing the 3 minute run for like 4 hours straight. It was HANDS DOWN the funnest game at the time. Then my friend found a timer crack, and it was literally too good to be true. Then the game was released a month later or so.

I just popped in my Carmageddon cd and am installing it right now. I don't remember if Carma 1 works with XP. We'll see.

the only thing wrong with the game was the low graphics..

other than that they don't need to FIX anything. Just make it go 1280 or better.

that game was awesome.

ps post if it works under xp and runs ok

sparks

Oh man, that would be awesome if they remade it. They would have to keep the gameplay from the original though. That was definitely one of the funnest games ever. Especially when you had friends over and you would take turns doing all kinds of rediculous stunts and crap. Hopefully whoever remakes it doesnt screw it up.

NO re-doing please! Just make a DirectX port of Carmageddon (one that actually works, that is) so that I can play it "3D accelerated" with my GF6800.

Thank you.

I wouldnt mind that either. Kind of like that doom 2 project where they enhanced the game so that you could use the mouse to look around. They also added better particle effects and colored lighting and stuff like that. But still, as long as they remade the game and kept the gameplay intact, that would be awesome too.

I hope they do this game right. I am always afraid when they redo games. They could either botch the game or do a really bang up job... pun intended ;)

Carmageddon 4 coming in 2005

In its latest interim financial report, SCi has confirmed that the next title in its somewhat controversial Carmageddon series of vehicular combat games is currently scheduled for release during its 2005 fiscal year. Unfortunately, we don't know anything more about the game right now than we did back when we first learned of its existence in June 2003 or when it appeared on SCi's previous financial report in March of this year.
@ 06/03/2004

Oh, looky here ;)

solid granite plus nitrous turbo nutter at 200+ mph = ownage to whatever car you hit ;)

how can you like carmageddon 3000? there was no such thing...carmagedon TDR2K or 2000 was the title that was released...I have 2 copies and an expansion pack called nose bleed. We play it at every LAN party....it's still a blast and works fine in Windows XP, well fine meaning if you want to play for 30 mintues or less at a time during multiplayer, because it's still buggy even with the newest patches.

Back