Card with no backplate, should have one?

During the Ebay sale I bought a EVGA 1070 ti blower card that was advertised on their Ebay store page and official site with a backplate but just received it and it has no backplate. I'm very annoyed as I wanted a card with backplate, not just for sturdyness but also for looks too so I feel like I didn't get what I paid for. Woes me :) Anyways, I contacted EVGA via Ebay but wanted other's opinions about this too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263885312374?ul_noapp=true

Update: I looked closer on their product page and the photo of the card with backplate is a 1080 ti. Dafuq... Why would EVGA do this?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
During the Ebay sale I bought a EVGA 1070 ti blower card that was advertised on their Ebay store page and official site with a backplate but just received it and it has no backplate. I'm very annoyed as I wanted a card with backplate, not just for sturdyness but also for looks too so I feel like I didn't get what I paid for. Woes me :) Anyways, I contacted EVGA via Ebay but wanted other's opinions about this too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263885312374?ul_noapp=true

Update: I looked closer on their product page and the photo of the card with backplate is a 1080 ti. Dafuq... Why would EVGA do this?
edioot in the ebay dept...

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Either way, it's bad info. Maybe they will send u a backplate and all is well.

I also posted this in EVGA's forums too where they responded with an apology and said I should get a refund via Ebay. Ugh.

I'm going to take this as a sign and stick with Gigabyte for my next GPU, maybe wait for a RTX 2070 or perhaps a 2060 to replace my GTX 1060. I've been having good experiences with Gigabyte (2 Mobos, 1 GPU) for years but not with EVGA.

I also posted this in EVGA's forums too where they responded with an apology and said I should get a refund via Ebay. Ugh.

I'm going to take this as a sign and stick with Gigabyte for my next GPU, maybe wait for a RTX 2070 or perhaps a 2060 to replace my GTX 1060. I've been having good experiences with Gigabyte (2 Mobos, 1 GPU) for years but not with EVGA.

I'm a fan of Gigabyte motherboards. Have built many PC's with them. MSI and ASUS too. Won't buy motherboards from EVGA though. 2 for 2 problematic installs and buggy/poorly supported BIOSes a few years back.

EVGA has never let me down with GPUs or PSU's though. Too bad you had such a bad experience on that front.

Appreciate everybody's encouragement on this :) Though I'm sure the EVGA 1070 ti performs well its just not the 1070 ti I paid for.

Always good to get what you pay for. I'm sure they will make it right.

Thanks but ended up sending the card back to EVGA for a refund. EVGA apologized and corrected their product pages. I'm amazed no one noticed or cared before.

Moving forward, I'm just gonna wait to see how the 2070 or 2060 is when released.

Back