Card to pair with 32" tv and AND cpu

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
Finally upgrading my card, just got a new 32" Samsung TV and looking to replace the old monitor I have. Use mostly for Netflix but going to play some CS GO and maybe some Xbox Play Anywhere on it. I am currently looking at the Zotac and EVGA GTX 1050ti cards, any real difference in manufacturer? Also it's no problem pairing a nVidia vs using an AMD Radeon card with my AMD cpu? Going to be hooking up through HDMI also... Thanks in advance for suggestions!

GPU compatibility is not an issue, use whatever team you prefer. With current cards AMD is cheaper, Nvidia is more efficient.

I can't really comment on the 1050ti or CS:GO as I use/play neither, but I suspect you'll want something more powerful than the 1050ti unless power efficiency/temps are more important than performance to you.

Technically, mixing amd and Nvidia is not a problem (I ran an Nvidia gpu for games and an amd gpu for a secondary display in the same pc before and that worked fine)....

However, to keep software updates easier, I'd recommend going amd if something is in your budget that you like. Then it's one driver suite for the chipset/cpu and gpu.

The 1050ti is probably one of the best that won't need additional power though... Just some thoughts.

If you are talking about using an AMD CPU, there is no need to also use an AMD GPU. Nvidia is fine.

The 1050 Ti should be enough to play video like Netflix.

You should be able to get 150+ fps at 1080p in CS:GO.

EVGA is the more respected brand, but honestly there is little difference between them as far as I've seen (I've tried most brands but not Zotac yet)

Pretty much comes down to warranty, looks, and bundle. Fan setup can help if noise is an issue. The larger the fans, the less noise they (typically) make.

My only chip in here if it's a coin toss, I hate dealing with Zotac.... slow slow slow..... EVGA at least answers their emails.

im running an am3 6core cpu with my nvidia 760 on a samsung 65" 4k k8000 tv at 4k native for some stuff with out issue. Games like Ori and the Blind Forest, Inside, and Move or Die play fine at 4k. I drop the card down to 1080p and running no mans sky, and various other games work out OK. I think a 1050ti running 1080p will be fine with most games. you'll be happy. Which 1050ti by which vendor is really just a choice of brand loyalty. I've had asus, gigabyte, zotac, and msi cards over the years and other then clock speed.. the vendor really didn't make a difference in my over all experience.

Back