Carbon Fiber Gloss Black Cooler Master Praetorian 730 Case

coolchu001

Limp Gawd
I am currently working on my 730 case. I have just finished applying the carbon fiber vinyl sheets to the front door and the top panel. I then sprayed a coat of clear gloss then sanded and polished with 3M rubbing compound to a beautiful shine. The clear coat wasnt necessary but it made the reflections more sharp. The vinyl I used was from eBay seller: metrosellers it is the carbon III pattern. Only 2 feet was need to do the top and front panel but if you want to do a complete wrap, I would say 5 feet is enough for a midtower (considering you won't mess up) This looks exactly like real carbon fiber. :-D

Anyhow, the panels were being painted in black metallic, unfortunately the paint I used works best on bare metal but I used it over primer so the adhesion wasn't so great. I will probably sand it all down and start all over but this time in pure gloss black.

Here are some pictures of the panels:
it is difficult to capture the real life reflection of the vinyl. It is very unique and when examined close up, there are distinct textures in the pattern

dsc06346dg1.jpg

dsc06347ye4.jpg

dsc06353vu2.jpg

front panel:
dsc06348zg1.jpg

That is by far the realest looking Carbon vinyl I have ever seen. Amazing job you've done there.

I bet it sucked putting it on the front panel.

That's amazing!

Make sure to secure the sides with clear nail polish!!!

Nice and neat. The color scheme of the carbon vinyl matches with the black color of the case aswell. The polished vinyl makes the entire case even more stylish, not just as polishing the metal case surface which is something that a lot of people have done already.

BTW, where can I get some carbon vinyl sheets? Do they have them in automobile stores? It seems I can't order them in any online computer shops.

I bet it sucked putting it on the front panel.

That's amazing!

Make sure to secure the sides with clear nail polish!!!

To tell you the truth, i had more trouble doing the top panel!
I first tried a wet (sprayed water on the case) application for the top panels and I had a hard time with it so I wasted about 2 feet there. Then I moved on to the front panel using a dry application and the roll just went on smoothly! So then I went back to the top panel and used the same dry application as the front.

Nice and neat. The color scheme of the carbon vinyl matches with the black color of the case aswell. The polished vinyl makes the entire case even more stylish, not just as polishing the metal case surface which is something that a lot of people have done already.

BTW, where can I get some carbon vinyl sheets? Do they have them in automobile stores? It seems I can't order them in any online computer shops.

As noted in my first post, I got it from eBay Seller: Metrosellers
The pattern I got is Carbon III

The side panels are still at work.....reviving the project after almost a year later...

Back