Car Vectoring?

Do you know how to draw a car?

I'm not insulting you, it's a serious question.

EGGO said:
Do you know how to draw a car?

I'm not insulting you, it's a serious question.

Errr yeah...

What does that have anything to do wiht my topic?

If you know how to draw a car, use the pen tool. Period.

Of course the answer would've been the same whether or not you knew how to, but if you didn't know how to, I'd give you links on drawing tutorials on how to draw cars.

So, if somebody knows how to draw a car, they automaticly know how to vectorize a vehicle and use photoshop's features? Come on, people. :rolleyes:

RandysWay said:
So, if somebody knows how to draw a car, they automaticly know how to vectorize a vehicle and use photoshop's features? Come on, people. :rolleyes:

Exactly...Thanks :)

*sigh* look, I know how to draw a good amount of anime characters, what do I end up using the pen tool?

hmfbanner1.jpg

A car is no different. If you were using Illustrator (which is suggested if you want to do vector art, as Photoshop is bitmap), then you wouldn't have over 100 layers like I had here (I didn't feel like having Illustrator loading up).

I mean seriously, "I want to do car vectoring...but I don't know how to draw a car." The point of my first question was to see if he even knew how to draw a car. Why bother trying to miraculously make something on computer if you don't know the basics?

Don't think that I don't know what I'm talking about, this is years of experience talking =0)

I have to agree with EGGO on this. Everyone wants a quick fix for vectoring or cell shading (basically the same thing). Now you can use the cutout filter, but the results shows about how much effort you put into it (aka it looks like crap). The best and easiest way to vectorize (is that even a word?) is with the pen tool.

Here is the tutorial that I used to get into vectoring. Yes, it isn't a quick fix, but it looks much much better than the cutout filter. With vectoring, it only looks as good as how much you are willing to put into it.

Another program that is good is Flash. Believe it or not, it works very well.

SeeDLeone said:
I have to agree with EGGO on this. Everyone wants a quick fix for vectoring or cell shading (basically the same thing). Now you can use the cutout filter, but the results shows about how much effort you put into it (aka it looks like crap). The best and easiest way to vectorize (is that even a word?) is with the pen tool.

Here is the tutorial that I used to get into vectoring. Yes, it isn't a quick fix, but it looks much much better than the cutout filter. With vectoring, it only looks as good as how much you are willing to put into it.

Another program that is good is Flash. Believe it or not, it works very well.

Nic elink...Thanks...

And if you are really lazy, get a copy of Adobe Streamline. Input a bitmap, output a vector, tweak with favorite vector application.

Back