Car Thief Foiled By Police And BMW

HardOCP News

[H] News
The award for Stupid Criminal of the Day goes to this guy. Who steals a brand new BMW 550i and then parks in an alley to take a nap in it? Then again, what kind of dumbass loans a new BMW to someone that leaves the keys in it? There is a lot of stupid in this story.

Just before 5 AM, the BMW’s owner discovered her car was missing and called 911. Officers contacted BMW corporate, which was able to track the vehicle to the 2100 block of NE 63rd Street. When officers pulled up on the block around 5:45 AM, they found the BMW parked in an alley, still running, with a man asleep in the driver’s seat. BMW employees were able to remotely lock the car’s doors, trapping the suspect inside.

Gangsta!

It's not easy to break car windows with your fist with out breaking your hand. There are easier ways of breaking it but I would pose the thief didn't have them on hand.

Gangsta!

It's not easy to break car windows with your fist with out breaking your hand. There are easier ways of breaking it but I would pose the thief didn't have them on hand.
I wasn't thinking fist/hand. keyfobs typically have a conventional key that can be pulled out...that can maybe be used sort of like a punch. alternatively adjustable head rest can usually be pulled out and the two stalks can be used in a similar way

i've never known a car to have the electronic door lock override manual door lock. Even with power locks, pulling the handle would always open the driver's door.

Back