Car seat as a chair / Audi A8 Seat

Best chair to use, if you are going for a racing sim. Get you the steering wheel/gear shift/pedal combo.. maybe three monitors for surround.. now to check for used ferarri chair on craigslist.

Mesmerizing-Corvette-Office-Chair-15-For-.jpg
my-friend-couldnt-find-an-office-chair-he-liked-so-he-.jpg
rover-mofa-rear-car-seat-chair-sofa-loft-style-.jpg
zbxxbh192ciz.jpg

Hello, i would like to do the same as you :) But can You tell me when i put only 12v to seat it will be working electric change position from buttons on the seat?? Can you give me your adress email or please writhe here how you do colling and heating to working??? Thanks and Greetings from Poland

Today OP was a real cool guy. Two year old thread, and excellent follow up.

Thanks and great work.

Awesome project...

to be honest, I was not able to make heat and ventilation works as it should, you need a module to make it works, beside that, if you buy a seat from A5 you just need to wire two wires ( + and - ) and you are ready to go

Old threads die hard! hotsauce2007 or any of you seat demons... I wonder if anyone knows whether you can power up a 2011 F10 (550i) comfort seat this way... from all the research I have done, it looks like it may not be able to be done- the system seems to be driven by the K-bus or whatever they call it. I tried powering up the large gauge power and ground wires, as well as secondary positive and negative wires, but it would not work. So I found the two main wires for each motor and simply apply power to each motor to move the seat, Can Anyone shed some light to this dilemma? It would be most appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

This is a pic of my wreck here. Gonna go make it haptic now.

Attachments

• 20210205_105834_HDR.jpg
    20210205_105834_HDR.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 0
This is a great project. I've long thought that people buying these gaming chairs are missing the mark and it doesn't "make sense". A much cooler chair would be to buy a racing bucket and "build your own" which with the brackets wouldn't be all that complicated.
The price differential is the big issue though. If you wanted a fully carbon fiber Bride seat it would be $1000, but it would be infinitely cooler than what I see a majority in on Twitch.

Unfortunately OP probably figured out years ago that alot of audi parts are coded. You can't just give em power and they work.

Back