Captain Marvel Will Lead the MCU, Kevin Feige Says

I saw CM and was underwhelmed by it-it didn't suck, it just didn't "entertain" like the other MCU movies did-I'd rate it around the first two Thor movies. The Hulk is the worst of the bunch. With that said, did see potential with it-maybe different director/script would work better.

As for the political comments-at this point it doesn't even phase me and I ignore it. It gets harped upon by news/entertainment business just to drive click on a website to get advertising because its so "decisive", when its just a Pavlov's dog response to something someone doesn't like-fill in the blank-Trump,SJW, etc

As for MCU fatigue-Outside of the Spiderman movie coming out this summer (which is Sony, not Disney/Marvel), I don't think we are getting another MCU movie for 18 months or so-which is a good break after End Game. I'm not even sure what movie it is going to be-I think Black Panther/CM2 or GoTG:3 are all on the table.

It will be Ant-Man 3 (light movie to wash the palate after the big Avenger's finale) and a proper CM movie set in today's timeline rather than the 90's establishing her as the new Iron Man (team leader). GoTG:3 has had to many production setbacks to be out that soon.

They'll highlight how the old Avengers failed to stop Thanos and that's why this new, inter-sectional, female led team will be better than the old men leading the Avengers. They did it in the Comic, and I swear it was only to test market reception to the incoming gender/race swaps.

You forgot Scarlet Witch (who took out an entire DIVISION of Thanos' troops in one shot in the last Avengers movie). Vision was also pretty damn powerful as well and could go toe to toe with any of the others (and is the only one in the MCU capable weilding Mjolinir other than Thor). Iron Man, while relying on technology rather than powers, still is on par with the other top heroes as well.

I love Scarlett Witch. Her character is fun and she's a sweetie. Not to mention, I think she's a major hottie and a much better actress than her anorexic sisters

It will be Ant-Man 3 (light movie to wash the palate after the big Avenger's finale) and a proper CM movie set in today's timeline rather than the 90's establishing her as the new Iron Man (team leader). GoTG:3 has had to many production setbacks to be out that soon.

They'll highlight how the old Avengers failed to stop Thanos and that's why this new, inter-sectional, female led team will be better than the old men leading the Avengers. They did it in the Comic, and I swear it was only to test market reception to the incoming gender/race swaps.

I always thought the whole gender/orientation test bed was with the NOW! run of Young Avengers.

I always thought the whole gender/orientation test bed was with the NOW! run of Young Avengers.

Some of this could be NOW! but Marvel's true money maker is the movies, so everything comic is just a marketing test for their future movie franchise (until the cash dries up).

Thor's hammer was lifted by Jane, who becomes the new Thor (this was main continuity, not Now). Iron Man had a phase in the last 4 years of something similar.

All of the haters have to be PISSED that the Captain Marvel movie is super successful and on track to be one of the top grossing movies of the year! Have fun with reality, haters! The movie ROCKS!

Weird post. You don't have to be "a hater" to dislike a character. I don't care if the movie is a success or not.. not everyone has their identity wrapped up in stupid trivial things.. in fact the vast majority don't. There's a huge gap between having Funko Pops all over your room and hate.

I'll watch it on disk just like I do all the movies, and my kids will watch it 10x I'm sure.

Plus the movie can be super successful and it can STILL be the wrong decision to make her character front and center going forward.

My brother is old enough to remember the whining about the Giant Size X-men Issue #1. I'm sure it would have been made only 100x worst if we had internet then. In case you don't know this X-men introduced an international team of X-men instead of the all the original Caucasian characters.

The new team was Wolverine (Canadian), Colossus (Soviet Union), Nightcrawler (Germany), Storm (Africa), Thunderbird (American Indian), Sunfire (Japan) and Banshee (Ireland). The rest of the team quit except for Cyclops.

My brother is old enough to remember the whining about the Giant Size X-men Issue #1. I'm sure it would have been made only 100x worst if we had internet then. In case you don't know this X-men introduced an international team of X-men instead of the all the original Caucasian characters.

The new team was Wolverine (Canadian), Colossus (Soviet Union), Nightcrawler (Germany), Storm (Africa), Thunderbird (American Indian), Sunfire (Japan) and Banshee (Ireland). The rest of the team quit except for Cyclops.

I have that comic, nothing that is happening is new, but I can say for sure that outside of a few select cases the attempts to revamp aging super hero teams with a younger, hipper, version is mostly met with failure.

All of the haters have to be PISSED that the Captain Marvel movie is super successful and on track to be one of the top grossing movies of the year! Have fun with reality, haters! The movie ROCKS!
"ROCKS"? Really? What was so good about this, objectively, and where would you rank it in the MCU? Serious questions, no sarcasm.

There's stil 9.5 months left in the year. Endgame comes out in a little over a month. The movie was mediocre. Easily the worst in the series so far.

The Roy Thomas era was way more diverse than the current shitshow under CB Cebulski. Dave Cockrum and Chris Claremont are legends.

hulk was ruined when they tried to PG-13 it and kept it closer to PG then actual PG-13. Hulk was never a comic for kids so why the eff would you make it into a movie for kids.

Exactly.. In my opinion the Hulk movie should have been a monster movie.. Kind of like "Brightburn" but its not an alternate story. The Hulk cannot be reasoned with or stopped..it does not want wealth, fame or power... just pure destruction.. maybe add a hero like Hyperion... and they can leave the current MCU story line out of it... just dreaming of course.. lol

Don't be surprised when marvel movie ticket sales fall. If not from this, it'll be franchise fatigue. I for one fully plan on not seeing any more marvel movies after the new Avengers movie. I'm tired of super hero movies.
Why see the next one? The last Avengers was the perfect ending to the current MCU.

TLJ was successful, but the backlash from how bad it was caused the Han Solo movie to bomb. Just because the movie is successful now does not mean it won't have a negative impact on the franchise in the future.

Frankly, I'm done with MCU once Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man are gone. None of the other characters, main or otherwise, are as compelling as those three, and it has nothing to do with their gender or race. I'll watch Hawkeye and Black Widow movies though. Or Loki if they ever make a movie about him.

I'll watch Hawkeye and Black Widow movies though. Or Loki if they ever make a movie about him.

Black Widow movie starts filming this year. Loki TV series coming to Disney Plus.

This train isn't stopping anytime soon.

Spider-man Far from Home
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3
The Eternals
Black Panther sequel
Shang-Chi
Doctor Strange 2

I just hope the Blade rumors are true. Wesley Snipes said he was in talks with Marvel.

Black Widow movie starts filming this year. Loki TV series coming to Disney Plus.

Spider-man Far from Home
The Eternals
Black Panther sequel
Shang-Chi
Doctor Strange 2

I just hope the Blade rumors are true. Wesley Snipes said he was in talks with Marvel.

I will continue watching them, if only to know keep up with the story line for Avengers. But once those three (well, 6 really, but I have no desire to watch an Avengers movie without those three) are gone, I'm done.

Saw it this weekend, and was kinda bored. Just never really cared about the character. Acting was uneven, at best. Humor was a tad forced and seemed somewhat out of place. Iron man story built a character before it built a superhero. Thor kinda cheats because it builds on known mythology. Captain America was a great origin. This one just kinda drops you in the middle and doesn't give you a real reason to care about the character.

7 more movies? Holy cow. Wrong character/actress to build your future around.

This is my biggest beef with putting Captain Marvel in the second Infinity War movie. There has been 10 years of buildup and backstory in the MCU, starting with Iron Man, continuing with Captain America, Thor, etc. The movies gave us reasons to care about these characters. Tony Stark in particular has a very personal beef with Thanos that has built up over multiple movies. Dropping a new main character into the spotlight at literally the last minute, I don't care who it is, does a bit of a disservice to the entire 10 years of buildup for Thanos. They should have resolved the entire plot arc with the characters/heroes they have been building with.

Let Captain Marvel stand on her own merits afterwards, instead of letting her ride coattails which is essentially what they are doing.

Yeah 7 movies... that seems to be the new Disney though, quantity over quality. Just ask Star Wars fans.

Did they have to pick a woman with resting bitch face who clearly has a chip on her shoulder about white men?
DC didn’t do this for their girl power superhero movie. Gal Gadot is really likeable.

Brie Larson seems to have a racist bent to her. Making comments about 'too many white guys' is just as toxic and hateful as saying you have a problem with there being too many black people, etc. It is the textbook definition of racism. I thought we were trying to move past things like skin color, shirt color, hair color, eye color and focusing on content of character, or is that just a pipe dream?

TLJ was successful, but the backlash from how bad it was caused the Han Solo movie to bomb. Just because the movie is successful now does not mean it won't have a negative impact on the franchise in the future.

Frankly, I'm done with MCU once Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man are gone. None of the other characters, main or otherwise, are as compelling as those three, and it has nothing to do with their gender or race. I'll watch Hawkeye and Black Widow movies though. Or Loki if they ever make a movie about him.
I cant see myself getting excited about an Avengers movie without Captain America or Thor. I'll probably continue to watch for Black Panther and Winter Soldier, but ill wait until it comes to a streaming service.

Why exactly do they even need Captain Marvel to take out Thanos? Thor completely crushed the dude at the end of Infinity War without a problem...solo.

Last edited:
Why see the next one? The last Avengers was the perfect ending to the current MCU.

Agree. I won't be seeing any future MCU movies, at least not in the theaters. I consider Infinity War to be where the MCU ends. Thanos won.

Some of this could be NOW! but Marvel's true money maker is the movies, so everything comic is just a marketing test for their future movie franchise (until the cash dries up).

Thor's hammer was lifted by Jane, who becomes the new Thor (this was main continuity, not Now). Iron Man had a phase in the last 4 years of something similar.
She-Thor Comic Failed out. Also they destroyed Mjolnir and mad it clear Thor's power is Thor's. I personally believed that was a deliberate stumbling block to the She-Thor just picks up the hammer approach.

She-Thor Comic Failed out. Also they destroyed Mjolnir and mad it clear Thor's power is Thor's. I personally believed that was a deliberate stumbling block to the She-Thor just picks up the hammer approach.

Maybe, but this is comics, its pretty easy to just give the power to someone else because a magic space hammer hit them in the junk (or spider bit them, or comic rays, or Stan (RIP) felt like it).

All those comics fail out (The OG hero dies, disappears, gets stuck with your mom), all of them, it enables Marvel to return to 'regular' continuity and then try a new novel approach. The difference is unlike in comics where the character doesn't have to age, die or otherwise change (unless for plot reasons and like the Simpson's just wait a year and everything is back to normal) these actors are tired of their role and want to move on. Their older (markedly) and I don't blame them. So they : RDJ, CH, CE, MR, SJ, Hawkeye dude, all will need to move on within a movie or two of Endgame if they don't move on in Endgame.

I think the ex-Valkyrie will become Thor for example.

Do note, I don't watch trailers of movies I know I am going to see (because why would you, they spoil way to much).

Spider-man Far from Home
The Eternals
Black Panther sequel
Shang-Chi
Doctor Strange 2

honestly i really want to see the Black Widow movie, i feel it should of been done back around the 2nd Iron Man movie though. i did like Black Panther but i hope they use a different director or editing team and/or script writer because the first one while decent could of been a whole lot better if they had done a better job with the editing, there was way to many holes left between scenes and it got confusing as hell.

I didn’t mind the movie and don’t care about the politics. I’m pretty burned out on Marvel origin stories though. They have a real hard time putting in big time super villians in movies lately too (besides Thanos). That’s something I appreciate about the x-men franchise so far, they put in actual super villians who are interesting.

I think Endgame will be my last. Not because I have anything agains Brie Larson, I just don’t really have any interest in another Dr. Strange movie or a dedicated Black Widow story.

Captian Mediocre will help the MCU with her poor acting skills and lack of range and emotion. Wait, didn't we try this crap with Batman in the past?

I'm done with SJW MCU after Endgame. I hope Thor kicks major ass, but am concerned little Miss Marvel is going to be the headliner to take down Thanos.
We're talking about movies with giant green rage monsters and dudes with magic hammers flying around, but a girl beating up crossfit Grimace is too much for you to handle?

We're talking about movies with giant green rage monsters and dudes with magic hammers flying around, but a girl beating up crossfit Grimace is too much for you to handle?
If Marvel decides to satisfy the triggered snowflakes cowering in their safe spaces while cuddling with therapy hamsters (you know the type), then that's when I stop spending my money on their movies.

I really enjoy comics and the marvel universe but I am feeling the fatigue. It doesn’t help the MCU that the majority of the DC stuff isn’t very good and doesn’t provide something different enough to relieve the fatigue. I am hoping that the Hellboy reboot and the upcoming Spawn movie can provide something new and interesting. Maybe it’s time to see more image and dark horse comic IPs.

Yup, lots of people are feeling the superhero fatigue.

And this will be death spiral for MCU.

There is one major problem bringing Captain Marvel to the screen ... Overpowered.

I suspect there will be a post-endgame contraction in the MCU. Partly because of the fatigue above, but partly because all signs point to Robert Downey Jr. departing, and partly because I don't think they are going to back off much from most of the movies being avengers lite ensemble productions. RDJ is charismatic and has learned some lessons the hard way and shows up and does shit while being very likable and entertaining. I don't know that you are going to get someone who can be at the center of big ensemble pieces and pull it off like that.

Every MCU movie is the exact same paint-by-numbers filmmaking-by-committee stupid cgi fest. Also, they're all at least 20 minutes too long. You can only remake the same movie for so long.

They actually aren't that's why they have done so much better than the DC movies. The DC movies are literally almost the same template over and over at this point (even with the same giant sized CG baddie at the end that looks practically the same except for the color of the shitty fire effects). The MCU for the most part has taken a genre archetype and shoved it in spandex and gave it super powers. Political thriller, buddy movie, heist movie, etc. The problem is they have cycled through the ones available to them for the most part.

And then on top of that they are bringing spider man, x-men, FF into the mix. Some pruning is going to have to happen someplace, and Superman is boring as shit. Superman with boobs still has all the same problems.

They actually aren't that's why they have done so much better than the DC movies. The DC movies are literally almost the same template over and over at this point (even with the same giant sized CG baddie at the end that looks practically the same except for the color of the shitty fire effects). The MCU for the most part has taken a genre archetype and shoved it in spandex and gave it super powers. Political thriller, buddy movie, heist movie, etc. The problem is they have cycled through the ones available to them for the most part.

And then on top of that they are bringing spider man, x-men, FF into the mix. Some pruning is going to have to happen someplace, and Superman is boring as shit. Superman with boobs still has all the same problems.

Actually Marvel having FF is the only thing that I am excited for still, we have proper Spiderman/Xmen movies, but there is no proper FF. Could be the Sci-Fi Super Hero movie I'm looking for.

I don't think Disney cares. I certainly don't. The anti-SJW bullshit surrounding this movie is just that...bullshit.

"ROCKS"? Really? What was so good about this, objectively, and where would you rank it in the MCU? Serious questions, no sarcasm.

It's a fun movie, has a good story, great moments from Samuel Jackson, Clark Gregg, and yes, Brie Larsen...the Skrulls were everything we were hoping they would be (and also provide some of the best comedic scenes in the movie!). Annette Bening was a bit underutilized as Mar-Vell, but she made up for it as the Supreme Intelligence. And, of course, there's everyone's favorite Flerkin, Goose. I really don't understand the criticism this movie is getting. It was fun!

Ranked? I don't get into that bullshit, typically...but I would say on par with GoTG, Thor 3, and Dr. Strange.

Weird post. You don't have to be "a hater" to dislike a character. I don't care if the movie is a success or not.. not everyone has their identity wrapped up in stupid trivial things.. in fact the vast majority don't. There's a huge gap between having Funko Pops all over your room and hate.

I'll watch it on disk just like I do all the movies, and my kids will watch it 10x I'm sure.

Plus the movie can be super successful and it can STILL be the wrong decision to make her character front and center going forward.

Yeah, you are a hater. The movie and the character are awesome. I am guessing your toxic male masculinity is feeling threatened by a strong female character.

Yeah, you are a hater. The movie and the character are awesome. I am guessing your toxic male masculinity is feeling threatened by a strong female character.

LOL yes my toxic male masculinity is being threatened by a comic book character for which I PURCHASED THE COMICS TO READ. I don't like the way the character has been handled in recent years. I don't like that she's been introduced at the 11th hour, likely to save the day.. a decade of character development for everyone else be damned. I guess my toxic male whatever is also threatened by Superman too, so it's good to have an explanation for not liking him.

Let's also ignore that a LOT of the people criticizing this movie thought Wonder Woman was awesome, and they can't wait to throw down cash to watch a Black Widow movie.

Thanks though, I needed a good laugh today.

^ROFL, anyone who disagrees with me is a hater.... The problem with much of our society in a nutshell.

This is pretty on point here. It's the problem with the internet for sure.

Last edited:
It's a fun movie, has a good story, great moments from Samuel Jackson, Clark Gregg, and yes, Brie Larsen...the Skrulls were everything we were hoping they would be (and also provide some of the best comedic scenes in the movie!). Annette Bening was a bit underutilized as Mar-Vell, but she made up for it as the Supreme Intelligence. And, of course, there's everyone's favorite Flerkin, Goose. I really don't understand the criticism this movie is getting. It was fun!

Ranked? I don't get into that bullshit, typically...but I would say on par with GoTG, Thor 3, and Dr. Strange.
Fair enough. Different strokes..

I don't think Disney cares. I certainly don't. The anti-SJW bullshit surrounding this movie is just that...bullshit.

Yep they didn't care... until the Han Solo movie bombed. Now they're in full damage control mode, with bringing in George Lucas to "correct" Star Wars and so on. History will repeat itself if they don't course correct.

Again... it's the power balance between the heroes. Thanos overpowered everyone and went toe to toe against powered up Thor. If Captain Marvel takes down Thanos with equal contribution to everyone else, then it would be a lot better. But if she kicks Thano's butt mostly by herself... I'll consider Infinity Wars to be the real end of MCU.

Last edited:
Well the main difference with Captain Marvel as I see it. No one can say the character was invented to fit some agenda. (no matter how you feel about star wars) Captain Marvel has been around since 1967 and Ms Marvel since 77 created by Stan. There have been 6 or 7 iterations at least of the character in Marvel comics.

I enjoyed Captain Marvel it was a good flick. No its not high brow, no it doesn't feel as fresh as Iron man did all those years ago. Nor does it have the energy of the first Guardians... or the unique this is something different feel of Ragnorok. But its far from the worst of the Marvel movies, and it was entertaining. The de aging tech has finally got to a point where you stop noticing it which is perhaps disturbing. Overall good movie, and Larson did a pretty good job. Is the character overpowered hell ya, its Marvels version of superman with all the same issues.

Which of the newer Marvel movies are worse than Captain Marvel?

Back