"Captain Marvel" Trolled the Trolls with a $455M Global Launch

CinemaScore is a market research firm that surveys film audiences on opening night and and rates their viewing experiences with letter grades, reports the results, and forecasts box office receipts based on the data.
Captain Marvel A
Alita A-

for reference, Life (a movie i walked out before it was over) rated C+

Yet $455 million doesn't seem to suggest there were really that many on the "no we don't want to see your movie" band wagon.
Honestly I think most people who voted no, were not interested in seeing the movie to begin with, so it didn't came out from the actual audience.

As for those who went to see the movie there are a few options, with my educated guesses on how likely that option is.

A - They didn't hear the comments by brie larson - 75% (99% among non-english speakers)
B - They only heard the version spun by the media - 20%
C - They don't care - 1%
D - They are regressive - 3%

Actually C and D should be combined, as if you don't have enough self respect to care, then you're a regressive.

I know it doesn't add up to a hundred percent, that's the amount I reserve for any scenario I didn't account for.

I always planned to watch this after it left the theater, Alita though...

It wasn't a bad movie but I'd say it was the worst MCU movie besides Thor 2. It lacked most of the humour that the movies usually have, Jude Law was just awful but other than that it was OK beside the plot being kindof garbage.
Theres no way shes more powerful than Thanos so I'm guessing Endgame will be a big letdown involving some convoluted scheme to reverse time.

You'd be right if that was how things work in Hollywood.

Given that is how it works in real distributer vs studio splits not some random city yea.

Alita was not a better movie than Captain Marvel.
Alita's problem was that it didn't have a real ending. Now if it gets a sequel that's not a big problem, but if it didn't make enough to merit a another film we're stuck with a partial story.
Marvel has an ending, but the ride over all isn't as good as Alita.

The reality is I expect both movies to be reevaluated after sequels are released (again assuming Alita gets one).
Nevertheless, as it stands, I think I liked Alita a bit more than Cap, but I enjoyed both.
I bet you haven't even seen Captain Marvel. Alita was a typical boring Cameron movie
Alita is a Robert Rodriguez movie. Cameron was an Executive producer.

Alita's problem was that it didn't have a real ending. Now if it gets a sequel that's not a big problem, but if it didn't make enough to merit a another film we're stuck with a partial story.
Marvel has an ending, but the ride over all isn't as good as Alita.

The reality is I expect both movies to be reevaluated after sequels are released (again assuming Alita gets one).
Nevertheless, as it stands, I think I liked Alita a bit more than Cap, but I enjoyed both.

Finally Alita is a Robert Rodriguez movie. Cameron was an Executive producer.

Alita is likely as much Rodriguez's movie as Poltergeist was Toby Hooper's. The only reason Cameron didn't direct was due to directing Avatar sequels. Cameron has been fighting for Alita for so long I'd bet he was a major part of the direction of it. Don't forget, he also wrote the screenplay for the movie.

Back