"Captain Marvel" Trolled the Trolls with a $455M Global Launch

Ohhhh I get it. Because Brie didn't play a character that fell in love with a man who was given a snippet of her powers then did something stupid and got himself killed over it before she THEN found the motivation to take on the evil empire looming over us all it would have been a better movie?

While I did enjoy Battle Angel Alita, they are DIFFERENT movies with DIFFERENT characters told in a different fashion. In my opinion they told the story of the character well and did a good job. It was fun to watch. If this was the first Marvel movie instead of Iron Man 2 it would have been a stunning movie and a lot of fun. But lets face it... Brie Larson at least from what I have seen thus far. Doesn't have the personality chopps that the guy that plays Iron Man does. So they went Iron Man.

Capitan Marvel didn't need her lover to die to feel for him and do the right thing. Nothing like that happened in the movie. It didn't NEED TO AT ALL. Now maybe you want that for your female leads. They need to weep at the loss of the male before they can do something? I don't know.

I like that they roles were different and delivered well in both cases at least in my opinion.

First off Captain Marvell and Ms. Marvell weren't popular at all In fact Danvers was the least liked, they should have went with Monica Rambeau that was the 2nd Captain Marvell.
After watching Captain Marvel well it was boring the best part of the movie was the cat, Larson's acting abilities were lacking and she was emotionless and acted like she was reading off que cards...……The story made about zero sense and felt forced guy tries to train so you beat him up, you have amnesia and are saved so you decide to fight in a war?please explain that reason………….The largest problem with Larson's version of the character is she is Superman without Kryptonite for a weakness, meaning her character is empty and unrelatable to any human and way more powerful than she should be(overcompensate much, so male heroes need flaws but a female one shouldn't have them because females are 100% perfect in every way...…..), and although she is strong she is not the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe let alone the most powerful female, that honor goes to Nemesis from the Ego Infinity stone being fused with the others, basically a Cosmic being with the power of, well, take all the infinity stones powers and amp them up 10x and that is Nemesis - it took the Avengers and the Ultraforce and multiple ultraverse versions of them to take her down. Fucking Cap Wolf..also there is the ascended version of Tony Stark after he dies and becomes Eternity which is another cosmic being making him the most powerful avenger also female hero is Jean Grey as she has the power of the dark phoenix LoL, on a serious note wasn't Larson dumb enough to say this was the first Female hero movie, because she apparently forgot about Wonder Woman, and then backtracked to Marvel Female hero, but apparently forgot about Electra...………………….Also its not enjoyable to here men using language and phrasing to a female that was never said EVER because honestly it was lame AF, "You know they call it the cockpit"......Really? family female children's movie and not only are you portraying almost every man in the movie as sexist but are also making sexual jokes?????????and that is appropriate.

Either way Marvel will be using that 2nd cut of the Avengers film because I seriously doubt with everyone complaining they will go see a movie where peoples favorite deeply flawed heroes are apparently saved by a women with no limitations to the point she loses all human value and ruins an entire film series for them due to some garbage SJW crap being forced down their throat. God I seriously hope they bring Nemesis or Tony Stark becomes Eternity into this just so they crush and erases Captain Marvel. Either way IF this crap continues I'm rooting for Thanos, I mean after all him and Deadpool were cursed with Immortality so how can you beat what you can't kill.

'Thas a non-sensical comment, on her behalf.
I saw a wrinkle in time, and paid attention!
I am not a black woman, and I can criticize it quite well.
Actually is was a movie with a fair amount of good elements.. the mystical aspects of it suffered though, I think that was its biggest downfall.
I don't know the book (its a book right?), I imagine it is a lot more complicated than the movie, which is why tackling the mysticism must have been quite hard.. I think they should have wrote it for adults (of any color) and hope kids liked it too without really understanding squat.
I don't know what 'the boy' was there for, I don't know what they insisted on Oprah (she paid for it? worked for free?... if they paid her the millions she would have to get paid it was a waste of money is what I am getting at).

Yes it was a book and there was a movie from before, but all in all its a child's novel but it is a terrible one, Good versus Evil/ black and white, it really goes extra miles on basically ignoring the shades of grey in between and everybody is basically 1 side of the coin. Conformity versus uniqueness, Communication, The wisdom of knowing you know little, it honestly sad the SJWs didn't read the book they could learn to not look like complete morons.

First off Captain Marvell and Ms. Marvell weren't popular at all In fact Danvers was the least liked, they should have went with Monica Rambeau that was the 2nd Captain Marvell.
After watching Captain Marvel well it was boring the best part of the movie was the cat, Larson's acting abilities were lacking and she was emotionless and acted like she was reading off que cards...……The story made about zero sense and felt forced guy tries to train so you beat him up, you have amnesia and are saved so you decide to fight in a war?please explain that reason………….The largest problem with Larson's version of the character is she is Superman without Kryptonite for a weakness, meaning her character is empty and unrelatable to any human and way more powerful than she should be(overcompensate much, so male heroes need flaws but a female one shouldn't have them because females are 100% perfect in every way...…..), and although she is strong she is not the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe let alone the most powerful female, that honor goes to Nemesis from the Ego Infinity stone being fused with the others, basically a Cosmic being with the power of, well, take all the infinity stones powers and amp them up 10x and that is Nemesis - it took the Avengers and the Ultraforce and multiple ultraverse versions of them to take her down. Fucking Cap Wolf..also there is the ascended version of Tony Stark after he dies and becomes Eternity which is another cosmic being making him the most powerful avenger also female hero is Jean Grey as she has the power of the dark phoenix LoL, on a serious note wasn't Larson dumb enough to say this was the first Female hero movie, because she apparently forgot about Wonder Woman, and then backtracked to Marvel Female hero, but apparently forgot about Electra...………………….Also its not enjoyable to here men using language and phrasing to a female that was never said EVER because honestly it was lame AF, "You know they call it the cockpit"......Really? family female children's movie and not only are you portraying almost every man in the movie as sexist but are also making sexual jokes?????????and that is appropriate.

Either way Marvel will be using that 2nd cut of the Avengers film because I seriously doubt with everyone complaining they will go see a movie where peoples favorite deeply flawed heroes are apparently saved by a women with no limitations to the point she loses all human value and ruins an entire film series for them due to some garbage SJW crap being forced down their throat. God I seriously hope they bring Nemesis or Tony Stark becomes Eternity into this just so they crush and erases Captain Marvel. Either way IF this crap continues I'm rooting for Thanos, I mean after all him and Deadpool were cursed with Immortality so how can you beat what you can't kill.
I thought it was a pretty good movie, sorry you didn't enjoy it. Different strokes.

i was thinking this yesterday lol, as iv'e looked at the rating on imdb from the release and it started around 6 smth but it's 7 smh now, sort of suprised cause no mcu movie get bad reviews. maybe the guys cant take a female lead in a mcu movie :p i reserve myself until i actually see the movie sometime soon. alot of reviews is hardly serious, they come with a 1 liner and same score. it is ok to dislike a movie, even if u do, atleast respect yourself enough to not be completely biased and unfair, hard to take any one liner review with the lowest score attached serious anyway.

Getting off base and I did above. So where is the problem with THIS movie?
Who said there was a problem with this movie? The problem was always Brie Larson and her stupid comments. That's why people voted, no we don't want to see your movie. If she's not interested in us, then we're not interested in her movie. What's the problem with that? I mean if it was the other way round, a white male saying "I'm not interested in a white middle aged woman telling me what doesn't work for her about my movie" then the entire narrative would be different. And they wouldn't just boycott the movie, they'd try to stop it from being released and do everything to ruin the person's career, and harass him non stop, his family members, his acquaintances and his employers. We've all seen that happen numerous times. I don' even know why anyone would deny it.

Is it because another movie wasn't made for your target audience so someone in that movie said. "I'm not surprised critics of this type didn't like the movie. It's not made for them." that is a problem?
But that's not what she said, did she? So you putting quotation marks around that neutered interpretation is disingenuous as fuck. Had she actually said that, and not the actual quote, "I don't need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn't work about A Wrinkle In Time" there would be no discussion, there would've been no down voting, and no outcry.
And she didn't refer to the audience at all, she was referring to the fact that most movie critics are male. It is a clear sexist / racist statement, where she dismisses a whole demographic based on race and gender. And just because a movie's target audience is not male, doesn't mean that no male could be interested in it. Again trying to generalize people based on gender which is clear sexist prejudice.
A normal non-sexist / racist person would never utter words like "Oh you don't like it because you're black" I mean try to say that in the mainstream, you'd be untouchable in seconds, banned from twitter, facebook, and every mainstream social platform. But say it with white, no problem at all.
So don't try to pretend to me that there is no double standard.

Or is it because its easier to say it's not made for white male viewers and they probably won't connect with or agree with it. But saying This movie was made for white males so black women probably won't like it like white males do?
I dare you try to say that to a black woman on facebook or twitter, let's see how long before you get banned.

Let me think of a movie that was made to appeal to guys over women... lets seee.... MOST OF THEM until more recent history.
Oh yes, because we never had strong female characters before. And I guess none of those romantic movies ever happened either, right? LOL it's the same shit disingenuous narrative as with black panther, like there was never a movie with black heroes before. I honestly don't know if you actually believe this shit, or just parrot their talking points blindly without even stopping to consider how wrong they are.

Yea ok brie Larson (or whatever her name is.) made a bunch of internet trolls angry once by saying their opinion isn't important to them. How does that have shit to do with this movie?
Only you're pivoting to that point. Almost nobody except actual trolls said it has anything to do with the quality of this movie. Like SJWs never downvoted movies before without seeing them when they found some comments "problematic". Gods may do what cattle may not

I probably should watch some of them. They are on cable tv all the time. Do I need to know anything about
these characters (Ironman, Captain America, Thor, etc.) to fully enjoy the movies?
Naah, just try to vaguely follow the order in which they came out I suppose (some are fairly standalone).
Highlights would be Deadpool, Logan, Guardians of the galaxy, and I suppose the first 2/3 of Wonder women.

Might go see it at the weekend. Not in a rush. Out of the 21 or so Marvel movies, I've seen only seven of them at the cinema. The rest have been on DVD lends from the local library or Netflix.

I'm a 48 year old guy so not exactly the core market. Also means I don't get worked up about all the other stuff.

Skipping Captain Mary Sue

Marvel spends ten years building up a cast of heroes to toss them all aside at the end with an overpowered Superman clone

Is this (and about 50 other people in this thread) one of the people they're paying?
No probably not, but its no crazy ideas either... These things are obviously done.
T
Yes it was a book and there was a movie from before, but all in all its a child's novel but it is a terrible one, Good versus Evil/ black and white, it really goes extra miles on basically ignoring the shades of grey in between and everybody is basically 1 side of the coin. Conformity versus uniqueness, Communication, The wisdom of knowing you know little, it honestly sad the SJWs didn't read the book they could learn to not look like complete morons.
If her comments were un scripted, I suppose she went to SJW camp and they were talking about that movie at least.
I don't know in some ways is so out of place that the example is a Disney flop... A natural personal comment might have involved a non Disney, probably a non flop.
Im convinced the SJW crap is an agenda in some ways, but mostly marketing.
She was either scripted or had some conversations about these things at least.. its just weird, and more weird tge example was that one movie.
It is sad honestly it does destroy the conversation in a bad way, and really what conversation? If you are a male, you thoughs on gender roles are invalid, as if males don't have a gender role as opposed to the supposed 'control of everything'.
This toxic SJW, and its uses fir marketing I think are really starting to have so e bad effects.

Last edited:
Who said there was a problem with this movie? The problem was always Brie Larson and her stupid comments. That's why people voted, no we don't want to see your movie. If she's not interested in us, then we're not interested in her movie. What's the problem with that? I mean if it was the other way round, a white male saying "I'm not interested in a white middle aged woman telling me what doesn't work for her about my movie" then the entire narrative would be different. And they wouldn't just boycott the movie, they'd try to stop it from being released and do everything to ruin the person's career, and harass him non stop, his family members, his acquaintances and his employers. We've all seen that happen numerous times. I don' even know why anyone would deny it.

But that's not what she said, did she? So you putting quotation marks around that neutered interpretation is disingenuous as fuck. Had she actually said that, and not the actual quote, "I don't need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn't work about A Wrinkle In Time" there would be no discussion, there would've been no down voting, and no outcry.
And she didn't refer to the audience at all, she was referring to the fact that most movie critics are male. It is a clear sexist / racist statement, where she dismisses a whole demographic based on race and gender. And just because a movie's target audience is not male, doesn't mean that no male could be interested in it. Again trying to generalize people based on gender which is clear sexist prejudice.
A normal non-sexist / racist person would never utter words like "Oh you don't like it because you're black" I mean try to say that in the mainstream, you'd be untouchable in seconds, banned from twitter, facebook, and every mainstream social platform. But say it with white, no problem at all.
So don't try to pretend to me that there is no double standard.

I dare you try to say that to a black woman on facebook or twitter, let's see how long before you get banned.

Oh yes, because we never had strong female characters before. And I guess none of those romantic movies ever happened either, right? LOL it's the same shit disingenuous narrative as with black panther, like there was never a movie with black heroes before. I honestly don't know if you actually believe this shit, or just parrot their talking points blindly without even stopping to consider how wrong they are.

Only you're pivoting to that point. Almost nobody except actual trolls said it has anything to do with the quality of this movie. Like SJWs never downvoted movies before without seeing them when they found some comments "problematic". Gods may do what cattle may not

You realize what you sound like right? I'm not saying you have to like movies with strong female leads, nor am I saying you have to like movies with black leads. Far from it. And I'm sure your reasons for disliking them are completely disconnected from the target audiences.

You do you.

You realize what you sound like right? I'm not saying you have to like movies with strong female leads, nor am I saying you have to like movies with black leads. Far from it. And I'm sure your reasons for disliking them are completely disconnected from the target audiences.

You do you.
What? How the hell did you read that into my post? That I don't like strong female leads or black leads? For fuck's sake man, you're either deliberately spinning a narrative or brain dead.

Heh... you know I saw the exact same argument from people around Black Panther. This is from memory so it won't be exact. "Oh Like we've never had a strong black lead before!" Or.. "What about blade." and such.

Yea it's happened before. And the same rhetoric was around them as well. Just like it was around Wonder Woman. Heck even in this thread it's thrown out there.

Just try guys that's all I'm saying.

What? How the hell did you read that into my post? That I don't like strong female leads or black leads? For fuck's sake man, you're either deliberately spinning a narrative or brain dead.

Just telling you what you sound like... maybe it's too much of this thread.

or maybe its just you...
honestly don't see how you twisted what he said so badly.

People coming out of the woodwork to bash a piece of work because what I've read as claims.

1. The movie can't be good. I don't like this character.
2. The actress is a femanatzi
3. Nobody cares... give me the next Avengers movie.
4. You killed xxx character. Fix that then I'll give this a chance.

then the movie comes out and the dislike instantly morphs to.
1. I can't like this movie because the actress said something about another movie that impacts me as a white male.
2. She acted wooden.
3. I didn't like the movie because she was over powered.

I can't stand that the number one reason people don't like a movie is because the actress said something that they didn't like. I don't like what tom Cruise said about mental illness and thing the religion he profuses is a sham. But I still enjoy some of his movies. I don't make it a point to go see them because they are hit or miss for me. But you get the idea. I also don't trash his movies. Now don't get me wrong. I don't consume Kevin Spacey's work now because of what he did so I can understand a dislike of work because of personal held beliefs. I just thought we were beyond a time where a throw away statement like what Brie Larson said is so impactful and hurtful to so many. I just can't get my head around that so I try to attribute something that makes sense to me about it.

I personally think this movie will do just fine and will probably buy a copy on blue ray when that is released so I can show my grand Daughter when she is a bit older and won't freak out about the cat.

Heh... you know I saw the exact same argument from people around Black Panther. This is from memory so it won't be exact. "Oh Like we've never had a strong black lead before!" Or.. "What about blade." and such.

Yea it's happened before. And the same rhetoric was around them as well. Just like it was around Wonder Woman. Heck even in this thread it's thrown out there.

What is your point? People keep pretending as if this movie is some kind of miracle, because it finally has a female lead, and if you dislike it for any reason you're sexist. Then we point out that it is not true, because there were others that came before. The same exact thing happened with the last jedi, with the awful ghostbusters reboot, with black panther and now with this.

I don't even know what is your point? If you didn't forget that there was a very successful black lead named Wesley Snipes who did dozens of action movies in the nineties, that were almost universally liked by everyone, then why are you in favor of the narrative that people who dislike Black Panther are racists?

I'm sorry, but SJWs are very late to the party on that one, the idea of female action hero is not new, nor is the idea of the black action hero. They cannot claim that as a win for them. The most ironic thing about it is if that the soy infused pretend outrage mob would just STFU and didn't push a narrative, people wouldn't say a bad word.
Again for the last time, the problem isn't always with the movie, it is with the media trying to spin the narrative of toxic white male masculine cis patriarchy.

People coming out of the woodwork to bash a piece of work because what I've read as claims.

1. The movie can't be good. I don't like this character.
2. The actress is a femanatzi
3. Nobody cares... give me the next Avengers movie.
4. You killed xxx character. Fix that then I'll give this a chance.

then the movie comes out and the dislike instantly morphs to.
1. I can't like this movie because the actress said something about another movie that impacts me as a white male.
2. She acted wooden.
3. I didn't like the movie because she was over powered.

I can't stand that the number one reason people don't like a movie is because the actress said something that they didn't like. I don't like what tom Cruise said about mental illness and thing the religion he profuses is a sham. But I still enjoy some of his movies. I don't make it a point to go see them because they are hit or miss for me. But you get the idea. I also don't trash his movies. Now don't get me wrong. I don't consume Kevin Spacey's work now because of what he did so I can understand a dislike of work because of personal held beliefs. I just thought we were beyond a time where a throw away statement like what Brie Larson said is so impactful and hurtful to so many. I just can't get my head around that so I try to attribute something that makes sense to me about it.

I personally think this movie will do just fine and will probably buy a copy on blue ray when that is released so I can show my grand Daughter when she is a bit older and won't freak out about the cat.
maybe you have had too much of this thread...
pretty sure nobody in here said they dont like the movie because of what brie said, they clearly said they were not interested because of what she has continually said. there is huge difference there, yet you cant seem to see it.

No probably not, but its no crazy ideas either... These things are obviously done.
T

If her comments were un scripted, I suppose she went to SJW camp and they were talking about that movie at least.
I don't know in some ways is so out of place that the example is a Disney flop... A natural personal comment might have involved a non Disney, probably a non flop.
Im convinced the SJW crap is an agenda in some ways, but mostly marketing.
She was either scripted or had some conversations about these things at least.. its just weird, and more weird tge example was that one movie.
It is sad honestly it does destroy the conversation in a bad way, and really what conversation? If you are a male, you thoughs on gender roles are invalid, as if males don't have a gender role as opposed to the supposed 'control of everything'.
This toxic SJW, and its uses fir marketing I think are really starting to have so e bad effects.

The problem with SJWs
1) - They comment and are overzealous - basically - Zealots, which in history they were never a good thing.
2) - They don't have the intelligence to carry the argument, nor the Wisdom or any kind of rationality that makes sense
3) - They comment on REAL issues and real problems in almost all cases, by doing so they make it harder for the people experiencing those issues to get heard in any real meaningful way
4) - They are always right and you are always wrong, you can't invalidate their opinions, but they will invalidate your all day long.

All of these issues make it so easy to prey upon them with any kind of intelligence, I debated this with a girl and in the end she said I was actually right because I displayed restraint and presented a case and facts in a meaningful way without compromising her beliefs while shifting them to a more positive instead of negative light, the cause isn't junk, just the people trying to make it an issue.

Skipping Captain Mary Sue

Marvel spends ten years building up a cast of heroes to toss them all aside at the end with an overpowered Superman clone

And they need to bring in more people because those actors they've had are starting to leave. Chris Evans has been wanting to step away from acting for a few years now but has stayed as Cap because he loves the role (and, I'm sure, the money), but he wants to move behind the camera. Robert Downey Jr is 53 (54 in April) years old. Its obvious he isn't able to do any of his own stunt work anymore and he is VERY expensive. Outside of maybe Chadwick Bosemen no one they had could really fill the "Face of the MCU" role like Evans or RDJ.

Saw it, liked it, stands well above Thor and Capt America for starter movies. I put it in quality alongside Black Panther

I seem to be an exception since I was bored with the Black Panther movie. Not sure why, maybe just getting bored with the whole comic book movie scene. I have no plans on going to the Captain Marvel movie (though, the wifey may force me!). I'd rather just wait for netflix.

I thought it was a pretty good movie, sorry you didn't enjoy it. Different strokes.

Yeah, But I am a fan of the comic universe so it makes sense, I did post a reply where I broke it down, its likable for a lot of people,

............but its not what should be represented in the marvel universe,

while sexism is very real, to go to those lengths to make an unstoppable no weakness character is just someone's agenda, This film is distinctly what Stan Lee hated, he never represented Racism or Sexism and they presented the complete opposite side that is Racist and Sexist despite believing they are 100% right and everybody else is wrong. I am a male and yes I support feminism, but not this version of it that is borderline Zealotry and goes so far painting all white males as sexist there are quite a few female and non-white male reviewers that were outraged at the connotations this film presented.

But at the end of the day it was just an average movie at best maybe under average from a critical standpoint when you remove any pre-notions before watching, a movie is just a movie, a book is a book, there are no feminist or male versions of such to say so is just sexist in and of itself. Grant it there are certain things the 2 sexes do gravitate to, after all you don't see many men reading romance novels, but there are non-gay men who actually do and to insist they are gay or female is just as wrong as saying only men like a movie like Snatch.

I don't remember Wonder Woman getting hate for featuring a female lead. The only criticism I remember of Black Panther was claiming to be the first superhero movie to feature a black male lead, which is obviously not the case. Other than that, I don't remember folks having much of a problem with Black Panther either. These movies didn't devalue other characters because of their gender and/or race to prop up the lead character, they were bad-ass enough on their own merits. Captain Marvel is not the worst offender of SJW elements but it is in there (Changing Mar-Vel to be a woman, the constant montage of boys holding Carol back growing up, wussifying Nick Fury, Ronin's portrayal, and also that of Yon-Roggs.) Those elements come off as planted to pursue a political agenda, not organic to the progression of the story imo.

Remember when people used to just go see a goddamn movie and either liked it or didn't and it wasn't a giant conspiracy argument? Are people's lives so empty and boring that they just have to try to look for some evil hidden plot underneath the labels of their soy milk? The 'sjws' and i dunno what you call the other side, freedom of expression knights? Both are different sides of the same annoying coin.

Disney always puts females as the focal point. Remember when Elizabeth Swan was the real hero of the pirates movies? lol

I am ready for the rocking chair on my porch yelling at people part of my life.

Ah yeah I just checked it, for some reason I thought it was Mar Vell she absorbed, but it was Ms. marvel. Even the character is convoluted Danvers fused with MarVell due to Kree tech and then rogue absorbed that power from Danvers or Khan? Either way it's still total bullshit that she is the most powerful Marvel character when you have Stark become Eternity eventually and you have Phoenix Jean Grey that could probably rip her in half.

totally agree. in fact regular jean grey could probably rip her in half.

https://www.crowdspring.com/blog/troll-marketing/
And here it is.
I decided to do some searches, since I was only going by my instinct.
From the article:

How Troll Marketing Works

Troll marketing is when companies put something controversial on their digital channels.

Usually, it takes the form of a tweet, though as you’ll see in the examples below, the tactic isn’t limited to Twitter.

The idea is that the controversial content will quickly strike-up conflict and draw attention to the post.

Obviously a small company with little reputation might do it direct, Disney would not.
Yes Disney is trolling you, not by making 455millions, but by really trolling you on the internet, and triggering bullshit. The 455millions is just their reward.
21st century equivalent of your middling movie leaking a sex-tape prior to release.

No it wasn't. They just did it and nobody said shit and nobody was belittled to try to get asses in seats. Because they weren't pushing an ideology on people.

No it wasn't. They just did it and nobody said shit and nobody was belittled to try to get asses in seats. Because they weren't pushing an ideology on people.

or maaaaybe the internet wasn't as big a thing either? But yes I did see those posts. They weren't here. This was before Hardocp.com started covering entertainment news.

I just thought we were beyond a time where a throw away statement like what Brie Larson said is so impactful and hurtful to so many. I just can't get my head around that so I try to attribute something that makes sense to me about it.

There's a super simple test for this. Take what the person said about a particular group and replace it with "black women" or "trans people" or whatever "victim group" you like. If the statement makes you uncomfortable, then the statement was probably inappropriate to start with.

Just a female driven story to make those all into diversity happy. Not to say it will be a bad movie, just the premise of this notion to milk the other side to make the audience satisfied.

Due to the review bombing (both positive and negative) all over the net its pretty much going to impossible to get anything resembling a real feel for how most users feel about it. That said, I've been hearing pretty good things about it.

I like a feature on IMDB which shows you how the top 1000 reviewers voted.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154664/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

It tends to be swayed less by positive or negative review bombing.

They give it a 6.8 so far.

The problem was always Brie Larson and her stupid comments. That's why people voted, no we don't want to see your movie. If she's not interested in us, then we're not interested in her movie.
Yet $455 million doesn't seem to suggest there were really that many on the "no we don't want to see your movie" band wagon.

out of 56, puts in in the bottom portion...

Isn't total grossed still accumulating though? Sorting by opening seems to put it at 7th

I dunno, half that website doesn't seem to function correctly either so there's that....

out of 56, puts in in the bottom portion...

Forgot my sarcasm tags...

Saw it and the movie was mediocre at best. Ending was eh... What do I know though. I am a 42 year old white male.

What I am afraid of though is it spilling over into Endgame. Hoping the Russo brothers were smarter than that though... I could care less if I ever saw Captain Marvel again. Keep the Flerken though.

Back