Capcom Ships 4 Million Units of Resident Evil 2 Worldwide

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Capcom has announced that 4 million units of Resident Evil 2 have shipped worldwide. The platforms that Capcom released the survival horror game onto include the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Cumulative sales of the games in the series now total 90 million units since the first title debuted in 1996. The game's audio features horror effects brought to life by Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 and real-time sound image rendering that utilizes binaural technology. Capcom has continued to support the critically acclaimed title with the release of "The Ghost Survivors" on February 15th for free.

Originally released in 1998, Resident Evil 2 went on to achieve cumulative sales of 4.96 million units, making it the fourth best-selling game in the Resident Evil franchise. More than 20 years later, continuous support from the passionate fan base across the globe makes it one of Capcom's flagship game series.

Continuing to see Atmos support in games I play, I might need to buy an 11-channel receiver, but I'd hate to spend over $1000 for one.

Very good game RE2 is the only one I have played and it has some spots where you want to take a crap in your pants

average remake makes company much money. Seems they have the pulse of the gamer, low expectations and just deliver a working game and people will salivate in droves.

Continuing to see Atmos support in games I play, I might need to buy an 11-channel receiver, but I'd hate to spend over $1000 for one.

Prob cost a whole lot more then that for a good one to pump out 100-200 watts per channel in 8ohm.

Best to get just a reciever and sep amps for ea channel.

Maybe a 5-7 channel 100+ reciever for the atmos speakers and a good power amp 3 channel for the main L and R and C thst pumps out 200watts per channel.

Prob cost a whole lot more then that for a good one to pump out 100-200 watts per channel in 8ohm.

Best to get just a reciever and sep amps for ea channel.

Maybe a 5-7 channel 100+ reciever for the atmos speakers and a good power amp 3 channel for the main L and R and C thst pumps out 200watts per channel.
One of these AudioControl Architect amps with 12 - 16 channels or more?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...acat=0&_odkw=AudioControl+zone&LH_TitleDesc=0

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
One of these AudioControl Architect amps with 12 - 16 channels or more?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...acat=0&_odkw=AudioControl+zone&LH_TitleDesc=0

:) well.. those only do 50-60watts per channel.

Depends on what your driving with it.

I like emotiva amps. I have a older xpa 2 (250watts ea 8ohms ea) for front channel left and right. A xpa 3 (200watts 8ohms ea) for center rear left and right. I run the front wide and above seating speakers with the receiver. Which I believe is only 100-125watts ea.

So it's a 9.1 setup.

They make 12 channel amps as well.. there custom line you can make what you want but it costs.

A 5 or 7 channel amp would be great for front,center and rear channel and run the atmos speakers off the reciever as those would prob only use around 100watts ea usually.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Great game and a gold standard on how remakes should be developed from now on. Good for them. Hope they remake Nemesis.

Notice it says shipped not sold. They could ship a billion, and not sell a single copy...

Totally love this game. So far I've played the Leon and Claire campaigns and just started the 2nd play thru of Leon. I really like how they managed to shuffle things for each play thru. It really fleshes out the game-ha ha.

Great graphics, HDR, and Atmos was a win for me. One of the scariest games I've played in a long time as well. Congratulations to them and hoping for more.

really? nowadays in the digital age of downloads, should it not read.. 4 million COPIES of the game file were downloaded from various digital store fronts?

Nope, shipped 4 millions, digital should be between 25 and 40% more total, which is still a pretty nice number.

And that number comes from actual economic reports like NPD, digital is still less than half the total :p (console owners aren't only in places with the best connectivity, specially for a game like RE 2 that isn't multiplayer based)

Back