Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 4 remake

erek

[H]F Junkie
More remakes, like movie remakes?

"Resident Evil 8 will mark the third consecutive annual release for the series, following 2019’s Resident Evil 2 and this April’s Resident Evil 3.

In recent years Capcom has successfully focused on creating new games in its existing franchises. Resident Evil 2, released in January 2019, “exceeded expectations” with sales approaching six million units.

It’s understood that in Europe, Resident Evil 3’s launch sales were about a third lower than its predecessor’s. The remake saw a significant drop in physical sales, which is unsurprising considering shops are currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Capcom was unavailable for comment at the time of publishing this story.

[UPDATE: Capcom says the Resident Evil 3 remake shipped two million copies worldwide in five days, while the Resident Evil 2 Remake has now shipped over 6.5 million copies.]"

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-4-remake/

Supposedly being made by the same team that made RE3, so my expectation are extremely low and would rather not see it happen. They'll probably end up cutting out 2/3 of the game and giving Ashley a pantsuit.

Supposedly being made by the same team that made RE3, so my expectation are extremely low and would rather not see it happen. They'll probably end up cutting out 2/3 of the game and giving Ashley a pantsuit.

RE3 (remake) was a great game and it was a similar length and quality to the original.

Given that RE4 is already fully plotted out I don't see why they would need to cut anything at all to be honest.

That said, I'd rather see them rebuild the 1st one in this format.

RE3 (remake) was a great game and it was a similar length and quality to the original.

Given that RE4 is already fully plotted out I don't see why they would need to cut anything at all to be honest.

That said, I'd rather see them rebuild the 1st one in this format.

The RE3 remake changes cut some significant content.

RIP Clocktower forever in our hearts.

The RE3 remake changes cut some significant content.

RIP Clocktower forever in our hearts.

Ya that was kind of disappointing. Even more so that the had a sewer and lab level that were pretty similar to RE2. If they were going to cut something they probably should have started there.

It might come out the same time that www.re4hd.com comes out. Which would be hilarious, if sad.

Anyway, RE4 is my fave RE game by far, so i'm pretty hopeful for this. (Haven't played RE2 or 3 remakes yet.)

Honestly, I'm replaying RE4 now. I wouldn't mind some of the content to be cut.

RE4 doesn't need a remake. Code Veronica does. RE4 still looks fine and is still available on every modern console. Code Veronica is not only my favorite RE of all time, but one of my favorites games too.

Sources say the RE4 remake is being refocused after disagreements over the direction of the game. Division 1, the primary team responsible for the Resident Evil series, is taking over the project and redeveloping it. Supposedly the disagreements were over M-Two wanting to deviate from the original game. The poor reception of the RE3 remake probably didn't help M-Two's position.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-4-remake-overhauled/

Sources say the RE4 remake is being refocused after disagreements over the direction of the game. Division 1, the primary team responsible for the Resident Evil series, is taking over the project and redeveloping it. Supposedly the disagreements were over M-Two wanting to deviate from the original game. The poor reception of the RE3 remake probably didn't help M-Two's position.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-4-remake-overhauled/

That sounds like good news. I understand what is going on. Not many people want to have their creative freedom stifled, and remakes tend to be dumped on secondary studios. I can see that people who have a remake dumped on them are unhappy and want to change it out of boredom. But sounds like RE3's changes were made for the worse, even though I liked it. I preferred the RE2 remake, I think the pacing was better. Wondering if the RE3 Remake changes contributed to that.

That sounds like good news. I understand what is going on. Not many people want to have their creative freedom stifled, and remakes tend to be dumped on secondary studios. I can see that people who have a remake dumped on them are unhappy and want to change it out of boredom. But sounds like RE3's changes were made for the worse, even though I liked it. I preferred the RE2 remake, I think the pacing was better. Wondering if the RE3 Remake changes contributed to that.
I think RE3 is a fun game, but it definitely dumped on the original in some respects particular with the look and behavior of the various characters. I was definitely not a fan of the new Nemesis design or Jill's attitude.

RE3 remake was alright-ish.

But, Nemesis was way too scripted. He literally only chases you at like 2 points in the entire game and you can outright down him in one hit with a grenade. The rest is just scripted fights.

Plus the entire clocktower is cut. Lame.

I'm all for more RE but I'll say it again... Code Veronica is the one that needed a remake and not 4. Of course this is welcome, but CV deserved it first.

The only thing we have to look forward to is this fan remake which appears to be coming out this year... at least part 1 of 3:

Back