Can't use my mouse in efi bios. Asus P8P67

pinsnpies

n00b
Gary or anyone else, I have a problem with my mouse in the efi Asus p8p67 bios. It doesn't work. It just drifts to the left of the screen and stays there. Its almost impossible to select anything as the mouse keeps interrupting. Any ideas please? Its a Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000.

Make sure you have it plugged into a USB 2.0 port, I don't think the "backwards compatible" drivers for the USB 3.0 ports are loaded until windows is.

Thanks. Ill try jigging the ports about when I get home from work.
I knew I should have got that Msi.

My bios started having this exact same problem after several days of perfect use. Then after a bsod caused by OC failure my mouse was locked to the left and would move only slightly when i moved it then snap back to the left. Also none of the keyboard shortcuts work, so i am currently unable to change anything in the bios.

It boots to windows fine but is back to default settings.... clearing cmos twice and still nothing

im running 1253 bios, have been since they were released here.

My Logitech MX510 doesn't work in the BIOS, plugged into one of the USB ports next to the PS/2 connector. It had worked, but I think that was prior to 1053.

Haven't suffered from this weird drifting thing though.

My wireless mouse did the same. I unplugged my wireless keyboard and plugged in a standard USB wired one. Problem solved. I did notice under windows, the keyboards wireless dongle made it think I had a keyboard and a mouse. I was only using the keyboard from the set and a different wireless mouse. BIOS may not like thinking there are 2 mice.

My bios started having this exact same problem after several days of perfect use. Then after a bsod caused by OC failure my mouse was locked to the left and would move only slightly when i moved it then snap back to the left. Also none of the keyboard shortcuts work, so i am currently unable to change anything in the bios.

It boots to windows fine but is back to default settings.... clearing cmos twice and still nothing

im running 1253 bios, have been since they were released here.

Thats bad. At least with mine I can just about change the settings. Problem I have is when i'm using the keyboard, it selects stuff randomly. through it would select things randomly. Anyway Gary Key the Asus rep is on the case.

Gary or anyone else, I have a problem with my mouse in the efi Asus p8p67 bios. It doesn't work. It just drifts to the left of the screen and stays there. Its almost impossible to select anything as the mouse keeps interrupting. Any ideas please? Its a Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000.

I have the same problem with the same mouse and keyboard!

After messing around with things i started to unplug all my other usb devices and suddenly My keyboard and Mouse worked perfectly in Bios. I relized that it was my USB Gamepad that was the problem.

I have had it plugged in since the beginning so i didn't think it was the issue, but it was.

Problem is you shouldn't have to unplug stuff just so you can use your mice into the bios. It's ridiculous.

I am still trying to replicate these problems but so far I have tested the following mice without any problems (drifting, non-responsive, etc) on BIOS 1253 with the WS, Deluxe, EVO and Standard boards:

Wireless-
Microsoft 4000/5000/6000/7000 Laser Series
Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3000/3500/4000
Microsoft Bluetooth 5000
Razer Mamba Black
Razer Orochi Black Bluetooth
Logitech V220/M310/M510/Laser MX/G700
Logitech V470 Bluetooth
Saitech Cyborg R.A.T. 9

I have additional wireless keyboards arriving tomorrow and will try these combinations.
Microsoft Wireless 6000, Microsoft Wireless 3000, Logitech S520, and Logitech MK710

I am still trying to replicate these problems but so far I have tested the following mice without any problems (drifting, non-responsive, etc) on BIOS 1253 with the WS, Deluxe, EVO and Standard boards:

Wireless-
Microsoft 4000/5000/6000/7000 Laser Series
Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3000/3500/4000
Microsoft Bluetooth 5000
Razer Mamba Black
Razer Orochi Black Bluetooth
Logitech V220/M310/M510/Laser MX/G700
Logitech V470 Bluetooth
Saitech Cyborg R.A.T. 9

I have additional wireless keyboards arriving tomorrow and will try these combinations.
Microsoft Wireless 6000, Microsoft Wireless 3000, Logitech S520, and Logitech MK710

With Microsoft Wireless 1000 keyboard, I have 2 mice mouse drifting ( microsoft USB mouse and dell usb mouse). And the keyboard is barely usable in efi, non responsive.

With Microsoft Wireless 1000 keyboard, I have 2 mice mouse drifting ( microsoft USB mouse and dell usb mouse). And the keyboard is barely usable in efi, non responsive.

Which BIOS and could you please do a full CMOS clear (without power to the power supply) and see if that makes any difference? We have Microsoft testing with our boards tonight with the kits listed in this thread and so far no problems on their end so we are looking at other variables to the systems now.

Which BIOS and could you please do a full CMOS clear (without power to the power supply) and see if that makes any difference? We have Microsoft testing with our boards tonight with the kits listed in this thread and so far no problems on their end so we are looking at other variables to the systems now.

I tried both 1053 and 1253. tried pull the cmos battery and clear cmos with power cord pulled, still has the problem.

Microsoft Wireless 3000 and Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000. Thats what I have. It came in the same package and is connected to the Microsoft wireless desktop receiver 3.1.

Microsoft Wireless 3000 and Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000. Thats what I have. It came in the same package and is connected to the Microsoft wireless desktop receiver 3.1.

Why Gary key "wireless 5000" work and on my board not work????:confused:

Why Gary key "wireless 5000" work and on my board not work????:confused:

I have tested two different Microsoft (3000, 1000) kits today on four boards without a problem so far. In fact right now I have the Microsoft 3000 and Logitech MK550 wireless combos attached and still no problems, can user either keyboard or mouse without an issue.

I have requested a list of p/ns from Microsoft on their kits as I have two 3000 kits and the part numbers on the mice are different as is the receiver, but both still work fine. We are still investigating this item.

For info, have a system with p8p67 (first in sig) and have an optical mouse plus a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet connected without any issues in bios.

This means our receivers are no longer compatible?

P.S Nothing to do with 1204!!!

No, just trying to replicate this problem still. We had one user report their receiver was version 3.1, which MS tells us tonight has not been in production for close to 14 months. We are trying to procure one to see if that is the culprit. In the meantime, I loaded every USB port on four boards today with wireless devices (RF and BT) and still could not get any drift or weird responses with BIOS 1204, 1253, 1053, 1003, 0907, 0804 and 0701.

So I might be contacting a couple of users to switch out KB/MIce kits.

No, just trying to replicate this problem still. We had one user report their receiver was version 3.1, which MS tells us tonight has not been in production for close to 14 months. We are trying to procure one to see if that is the culprit. In the meantime, I loaded every USB port on four boards today with wireless devices (RF and BT) and still could not get any drift or weird responses with BIOS 1204, 1253, 1053, 1003, 0907, 0804 and 0701.

I have microsoft 1000. I can't use keyboard and mice in efi. The same hardware (keyboard and mice) is perfect fine in asrock p67 UEFI.

I cant use my Evoluent Vertical mouse or Kinesis Ergo Advantage USB KB in EFI. KB is not recognized at all, and the mouse clicks are incredibly slow to register (like 30 seconds behind). Using 1053 BIOS. I'll try 1204 later this week if people don't experience other issues.

Also my receiver is 3.1!

Hi everybody. New to the forum. I had the same issue and went web surfing to find a solution and ended up here.

I have the "Microsoft Wireless Desktop 4000" which has the "Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000" and the "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 4000" and the "Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1" and I have the same issue.

When in the cool new GUI BIOS, the mouse drifts and erratically towards the left where it stops. I have really no control over it. I can attempt to pull it back to the right, but it's so erratic I can't make any selections with it.

Please note: I have two of these "Microsoft Wireless Desktop 4000" units with the 3.1 receivers (one for me and one for my wife) and I have experienced the issue with both of them, regardless which port I plug the wireless receiver into.

Would somebody that does not have the drift with similar mouse/keyboard please let me know which version receiver you are using?

Gary Key: send me your snail mail and I can have my wife ship you one of our receivers if you think it will help get to the bottom of it (assuming you'd be willing to ship it back when done).

Roger

I have a Microsoft 3.0A Receiver with the same mouse drift and unstable keyboard problems that everyone else is having too.

Running a p67 Sabertooth board.

We have all the same problem!

It's incredibile that Asus sell a motherbord with a lot of issues(Not only the mouse drift)

I also have P8P67 pro mouse drifitng left in bios screen. Microsoft receiver 3.0. It will drift if the receiver is plugged into USB. If plugged into legacy ports (PS2), their is no problem.

I picked up an MSI GD65 after the pos Asus died and it plain sailing so far. Trying to select things in the Asus bios was a nightmare. I now have a £115 ornament.

I have the same BIOS mouse issue. I have found the fix for me. As soon as I unplugged my logitech cordless rumblepad USB receiver the issue was resolved http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/486/2977?WT.z_sp=Image I have updated to the latest BIOS and still get the problem if I leave the wireless gamepad receiver in. I have the mouse problem with a USB mouse and PS/2 mouse.

It is a bit of a concern though that I have to unplug a USB device to get the BIOS working as it should. From my experience and reading around forums it seems these P8P67 Pro boards are really buggy. Out of all the Sandy Bridge boards the P8P67 boards seem the worst. I am just hoping/praying a future BIOS update will fix all the issues.

At least I have learnt a valuable lesson though. Next time I will wait to see which is the best board to get. It is unbelievable the amount of problems people are getting with these Asus boards.

Last edited:
Update- I am trying to secure a 3.1 receiver and Microsoft is doing the same. We will get this fixed, so far all reports of drifting come from either the 3.0 or 3.1 receiver.

@Gary Key:

Came here from another thread that I created related to USB issues - http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036791208&postcount=1.

Basically when I have 3 devices plugged into the USB 2.0 slots on the back I/O panel I will lose use of my Keyboard, however if I move one off onto a USB 3.0 slot all are working. Issue with drawing to much power?

Please refer to my above thread for more information - however the devices I am having issues with are:

- Razer Naga
- Logitech G15
- Razer Megalodon (USB Headset)

Single receiver for both?

That may be problematical, even for same-brand/same-package wireless components.

It's why, though I have nothing against either Microsoft *or* Logitech keyboards and mice, when it came time to go wireless, I bought one of each brand, as opposed to both of the same. (Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 V.3 and Logitech V220 Cordless Mouse; though it says *for Notebooks*, it works perfectly well for me with Mighty Mouse.)

Oh; by the by, Logitech's mice -- even their wireless mice - are still typically detected as *Microsoft* mice (the V220 is detected as the "Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000" by 7 x64); I thought Logitech was supposed to fix that! (Oddly enough, it works quite well with IntelliPoint Pro, which Windows 7 downloads and installs for it, despite it technically being the "wrong" software and driver.)

The "Logitech as Microsoft" issue is a VERY old spat going back to Windows 3.0 - there, Logitech's mice were detected as (you guessed it!) Microsoft mice by Windows (and by MS-DOS, as well). Microsoft actually SUED Logitech over it.

Same problem here with my Asus WS Revolution. I have tried different combos of usb/PS2 keyboards and mice to no avail. The only way to break the cycle seems to be in bios and just kill psu power then re-boot. Even that is not 100% effective. This began the first time I fired up the mb and continues through all the bios updates...1253 atm.

Back